• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Reports

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Yes, I but we're all asking about the standard Secret Reports for completing certain events. Written by the many Xehanorts.

I don't think there are any is what they were getting at. The "reports" people have been getting are "keywords" that go into the glossary I think.

MasterZeR0

I don't think there are any is what they were getting at. The "reports" people have been getting are "keywords" that go into the glossary I think.

I knew that you got those. However nobody here made mention of Secret Reports, to either support or refute their existence.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I knew that you got those. However nobody here made mention of Secret Reports, to either support or refute their existence.

Go to the main spoiler thread with the streams, Krexia said that they didn't come across any secret reports the entire game.

krexia

Translator
Awards
Well he does show up, in Mysterious Tower. The Crow showing up lets Mickey, Donald, and Goofy know that something's wrong in Disney Castle.
And that's the only time it's ever seen.
Yes, I remember the scene. I just think it's a little silly that the crow deserves an entry all of its own :p

Yes, I but we're all asking about the standard Secret Reports for completing certain events. Written by the many Xehanorts.
There aren't any. What I just listed was the entirety of the Reports section, after I finished the game on Proud Mode. I suppose it's possible that there'll be extras in Critical Mode, but I haven't seen any yet...

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Yes, I remember the scene. I just think it's a little silly that the crow deserves an entry all of its own :p

There aren't any. What I just listed was the entirety of the Reports section, after I finished the game on Proud Mode. I suppose it's possible that there'll be extras in Critical Mode, but I haven't seen any yet...

THAT CROW IS A MEMBER OF THE XIII DARKNESS!

On serious note, does the "report's:" are whatever they're called here expalin the "Nobodies can grow Hearts, and the time travel" bits in more depth, or are we gonna have to wait till the ultimania releases?

krexia

Translator
Awards
On serious note, does the "report's:" are whatever they're called here expalin the "Nobodies can grow Hearts, and the time travel" bits in more depth, or are we gonna have to wait till the ultimania releases?
Nope, the reports are pretty basic I'm afraid :/ Stuff like this, in the Keywords section:

Nobody
When a person with a strong heart loses their heart, their body and soul become a Nobody, a "person that doesn't exist".
They don't have hearts, but they have memories of the time they were human, and express emotions based on those memories.
Unlike Heartless, Nobodies are not controlled by instinct but by the "Organisation", and act with intent.

Organisation XIII
People who had particularly strong hearts when they were human can retain their human form when they become Nobodies.
Ansem the Wise had six students. When he put a stop to research into the heart, his top student, Xehanort, betrayed him with the help of the other students in order to continue researching the heart, and threw away his own heart. Xehanort's Nobody was born at that moment. He took the name Xemnas and, along with the other students' Nobodies, created the "Organisation". After finding more allies, the 13 (+1) members called themselves Organisation XIII.
In order to create the "People's Hearts" Kingdom Hearts, Organisation XIII was collecting the many hearts that were taken by Heartless, but Sora and his friends defeated and destroyed Organisation XIII and the many hearts were freed.

The character bios are even less descriptive:

Lea
Axel, one of Organisation XIII's Nobodies, returned to his human form. He woke up in Radiant Garden.

Xemnas
Master Xehanort's Nobody, who spearheaded Organisation XIII. He wanted to complete the "Kingdom Hearts" of people's hearts, but he was defeated and destroyed by Sora. He appears in front of Sora again.

Xehanort
A past form of Xehanort who has gone beyond time. He appears in front of Sora many times, and leads him around.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Nope, the reports are pretty basic I'm afraid :/ Stuff like this, in the Keywords section:

Nobody
When a person with a strong heart loses their heart, their body and soul become a Nobody, a "person that doesn't exist".
They don't have hearts, but they have memories of the time they were human, and express emotions based on those memories.
Unlike Heartless, Nobodies are not controlled by instinct but by the "Organisation", and act with intent.

Organisation XIII
People who had particularly strong hearts when they were human can retain their human form when they become Nobodies.
Ansem the Wise had six students. When he put a stop to research into the heart, his top student, Xehanort, betrayed him with the help of the other students in order to continue researching the heart, and threw away his own heart. Xehanort's Nobody was born at that moment. He took the name Xemnas and, along with the other students' Nobodies, created the "Organisation". After finding more allies, the 13 (+1) members called themselves Organisation XIII.
In order to create the "People's Hearts" Kingdom Hearts, Organisation XIII was collecting the many hearts that were taken by Heartless, but Sora and his friends destroyed Organisation XIII and the many hearts were freed.

Darn, well how did you interpret the scenes where those two revolutions are dropped.

krexia

Translator
Awards
Darn, well how did you interpret the scenes where those two revolutions are dropped.
To be honest I've only watched them once so far - am planning to go back through theatre mode and write down all the dialogue properly later.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
After completing the game, the Reports menu has the following:

Story - Synopses of Sora and Riku's adventures in each world, and all the other events of 3DS
Keyword Glossary - Explanations of key terms used in the game (Keyblade, Nobody, etc). There's also a section here that explicitly details the various hearts that Sora has held at one point or another and how they got there.
Play Record - Completion percentages, scores for minigames, records of enemies defeated, etc.
Characters - Short bios of all the characters in the game. (Even Maleficent's Crow gets an entry, wut)
Dreameaters - Details of all Dreameaters you've fought and/or bred.
Treasure Chest List - Shows how many treasure chests you've found in each area, as always.
Trophies - List of trophies that are awarded for various achievements in-game.
Um, where's Theater Mode?

Straythe

Is there any mention of Terra in those "reports" ? Or Xehanort the apprentice ?

Straythe

Thanks. What do they say happened to him ? Is there something about "Terranort" then ? Because it is a little (EXTREMELY) unclear what happened after the keyblade stabbing, and the sudden "loss of darkness" of Terranort that happened a little while after that.

So nothing at all about the merging nor Terra's whereabouts/actions/influence right ?

After all they ignored him everywhere, even on Xemnas's bio, so it makes sense they're still irgnoring him. :/

Thanks again for checking though ! n.n

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Thanks. What do they say happened to him ? Is there something about "Terranort" then ? Because it is a little (EXTREMELY) unclear what happened after the keyblade stabbing, and the sudden "loss of darkness" of Terranort that happened a little while after that.

So nothing at all about the merging nor Terra's whereabouts/actions/influence right ?

After all they ignored him everywhere, even on Xemnas's bio, so it makes sense they're still irgnoring him. :/

Thanks again for checking though ! n.n

To be honest I am not really surprised about this.
I also doubt that the character bios of Aqua, Ventus, Roxas or even Ansem the Wise deliver anything new to the audience that wasn't already shown in other games or maybe in interviews with Nomura.
The bios are meant to give an overview of the characters and how they contributed to the plot so far and not solve mysteries.

According to an interview with Nomura last year Dream Drop Distance is mostly concerned with the true goal of Org XIII and Ansem's data hidden in Sora. All other mysteries, according to him, will have to be dealt with another time.

Straythe

According to an interview with Nomura last year Dream Drop Distance is mostly concerned with the true goal of Org XIII and Ansem's data hidden in Sora. All other mysteries, according to him, will have to be dealt with another time.

Talking about those Datas, I don't remember Sora finding them in this game. Did he ? (might have missed it since I haven't played it !)

To be honest I am not really surprised about this.
I also doubt that the character bios of Aqua, Ventus, Roxas or even Ansem the Wise deliver anything new to the audience that wasn't already shown in other games or maybe in interviews with Nomura.
The bios are meant to give an overview of the characters and how they contributed to the plot so far and not solve mysteries.

Indeed, but unlike the others, he's the only one directly tied to Xehanort (he is the reason Xehanort was able to time travel, the reason the organization 13 was created), and we have no idea about what happened to him, and what/where he is now. Unlike Ven Aqua and Roxas (I could care less about Xion seriously, but I guess she's in Roxas so..). They all have "complicated" stories and the way to save all of them is not an easy thing, for sure.

But while being the case for Terra, we also know NOTHING. And I just find it odd, for the guy who became the "vessel" of Xehanort, who started the whole KH 1 and 2 stories, to never be mentionned. But I blame Nomura for saying after BBS's release that Terra's story had more to it, and that the control "share" was a key component of the story that would be told in the future game.
Bullshit or KH 3 (or BBSv2) I guess. I just hoped it would have a little more info in 3D. At least we saw Terranort refused to call himself Xehanort and picked "Ansem" instead...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Talking about those Datas, I don't remember Sora finding them in this game. Did he ? (might have missed it since I haven't played it !)
I can't say much about it during the actual game, but in the second part of the ending Riku is inside Sora's heart and after he answered the questions asked by Roxas, Ventus and Xion, the data Ansem had hidden in Sora manifested as a "Data-Ansem" and Riku has a long talk with him.
I guess that this is the data, but that part still isn't translated.

Indeed, but unlike the others, he's the only one directly tied to Xehanort (he is the reason Xehanort was able to time travel, the reason the organization 13 was created), and we have no idea about what happened to him, and what/where he is now. Unlike Ven Aqua and Roxas (I could care less about Xion seriously, but I guess she's in Roxas so..). They all have "complicated" stories and the way to save all of them is not an easy thing, for sure.

But while being the case for Terra, we also know NOTHING. And I just find it odd, for the guy who became the "vessel" of Xehanort, who started the whole KH 1 and 2 stories, to never be mentionned. But I blame Nomura for saying after BBS's release that Terra's story had more to it, and that the control "share" was a key component of the story that would be told in the future game.
Bullshit or KH 3 (or BBSv2) I guess. I just hoped it would have a little more info in 3D. At least we saw Terranort refused to call himself Xehanort and picked "Ansem" instead...

EDIT: Ok, now to this part.

While I agree that he is the one "most directly tied to Xehanort", I don't get why Terra should be the one responsible for Ansem SoD being able to time-travel.
Creating the Organisation was Xemnas' and Xigbar's idea to further MX's master plan, I also don't really see what Terra has to do with it.
That we have absolutely no idea of his current status and what happened to him throughout the 10 years is correct, but the latter we in all honesty also don't know for Aqua.
Roxas and Xion should be both sleeping in pain insde Sora, just like Ventus' broken heart is since 10 years ago while Naminé should do the same inside Kairi.
The way to save them is apparently tied to Ansem's data if we can trust Nomura's words, which is why it wonders me that the second part of the normal ending is still not translated.

That we know yet "nothing" about Terra's situation may be intentional though, and I actually doubt that he had much of a real influence on things that happened, as Terra is not the type to go along with horrendous crimes like Xehanort does.
I know he said he would do anything to help his beloved friends Aqua and Ventus, but I doubt he'll become a mass murderer destoying entire worlds for it.
Nomura DID say that how the memories, hearts and powers of Terra/Eraqus and Xehanort were divided between Ansem SoD and Xemnas will be important, but it doesn't have to mean it's actually highly elaborated upon in DDD.
Still, I won't make any definitive statements yet anyways, as we have no official full translation yet and also no new Nomura-interviews regarding DDD as a whole.

Also, if you look closely, I don't think that on "something of Terra might be in Riku" was put any emphasis as well yet.
(Do I sense a pattern here?) lol.

Straythe

Before you answer, here's WHY I insist so much on Terra (that I really liked of course ;o) :

-- Comparing the Organisation members when they were human to when they were in the Organisation, apart from Xehanort, only Isa and Braig have differently-shaped ears and differently-coloured eyes - why is this?

Nomura: It's a question of whether or not they're deeply connected to Xehanort. In Braig's case, comparing the scene where he's injured in his battle with Terra and flares up at Xehanort, his appearance afterwards changes, which hints that something happened with Xehanort in between.

-- Roxas, the "Sora + Ventus" Nobody, was able to use a Keyblade. In contrast Xemnas, the "Terra + Master Xehanort" Nobody, wasn't able to use a Keyblade. Why is this?

Nomura: I'd rather that point remain a mystery. It's possible that he intentionally wasn't using one.

-- In "KHI", the robed man, Ansem the Wise's apprentice Xehanort's Heartless (the body of Xehanort's Heartless before he inhabited Riku's body), appeared on the Destiny Islands. Is this because it was Master Xehanort's homeworld?

Nomura: That may be one reason, but if he somehow had some of Terra's memories, we can consider that it might be because he had laid eyes on Riku previously. In terms of the elements of Terra and Master Xehanort, I think the questions of how their power is related and divided, as well as who has whose memories and heart, will become a key to the story* after this one.

-- Is that to say that there's a possibility that within Xehanort's Heartless, the darkness that sleeps in Riku's heart, there might remain something of Terra...?

Nomura: That's also a riddle connected to the next story,* so everyone please use your imagination.

Why so much mystery if it's just "MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX", wouldn't make sense, especially not saying it like that. It's just like showing Terra fighting back in the epilogue and secret ending if it ended up pointless (since we thought it was pointless after completing Terra's story). And when you read about Nomura's anwser about Braig and Isa, that tells you he didn't write the story randomly but had a real plan.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Before you answer, here's WHY I insist so much on Terra (that I really liked of course ;o) :

Why so much mystery if it's just "MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX", wouldn't make sense, especially not saying it like that. It's just like showing Terra fighting back in the epilogue and secret ending if it ended up pointless (since we thought it was pointless after completing Terra's story). And when you read about Nomura's anwser about Braig and Isa, that tells you he didn't write the story randomly but had a real plan.

At the moment it looks like it's just "MX, MX", but think about it. Nomura may not give anything out on purpose. Who knows? Maybe Terra will screw over MX's entire plan in the end by breaking free and make the "13 darknesses" incomplete, and before MX can search for a subsitute he traps him again and together with Sora, Riku, Aqua and Ven beats the crap out of him.

It was made pretty clear already that Nomura has a general plan (or "framework") for the overall story ever since he finished KH2, as subtle hints towards the BBS Trio were already put into even the normal version of KH2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back