• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Resident Evil 4 may be getting the remake treatment next!

• Thread starter Deleted member 32967
  • Start date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
D

Deleted member 32967

That's pretty darn pointless, in my opinion. :(

RE4 is only 15 years old, and it's available everywhere. Many people already love the game. I on the other hand, don't particularly like it. It is a bad RE game, for its story and lack of atmospheric tension. Although as an action game, who can complain that it's even that bad?!

All this success is affecting Capcom. It really is. I was hoping after the hype for RE3 died down a bit, they would make RE8 or Revelations 3, but RE8 is allegedly going to come out as soon as next spring, and be a first person shooter, just like RE7 is. Not only that, they are meant to be bringing back Ethan Winters, and I cannot say too many people even care about him.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
This is the most dangerous remake they could do. RE4 holds up a lot better than the entries before & is extremely carefully crafted in every step of it's journey. Unlike 1-3, it's hard to believe a reimagining could actually result in a better game.

Better option would be to just overhaul the graphics. Higher res textures, higher poly characters, improved lighting, but the actual game structure remaining virtually untouched.

All this success is affecting Capcom. It really is. I was hoping after the hype for RE3 died down a bit, they would make RE8 or Revelations 3,
They're one in the same apparently.

& Ethan's meant to be a blank slate so the player feels like they themselves are in the situation (helped by PSVR no doubt).

D

Deleted member 32967

I hate what they've done to this franchise, and quite frankly, it's an embarrassment.

Back in the early 2000's, it was diamond. RE4 wasn't change for the better in my eyes. RE4 killed the primary story. The whole point of the earlier games was that Umbrella was established as being the evil masterminds behind all these outbreaks, and many people learned that first hand. Nobody liked Umbrella at all, after finding out what they had done to so many lives. Everyone who survived a game's ordeal made a major vow, to one day stop Umbrella. Personally, we all wanted to see that occur in one epic game.

I don't know what happened. Maybe Capcom just could not be bothered carrying on with that plot anymore. In order to make things appear as logical, we had to get an on rails shooting game in 2007 that explains what happened to make Umbrella go "bankrupt" (as RE4 just stated something in the opening prologue). But that was NOT a real RE game. All you did was shoot at the TV.

RE4 is also a silly game in general. The merchant character really sucks. He's stupid. How is it possible to get his merchandise everywhere without anyone seeing him? At least the older games were somewhat more believable. In RE4, you bloody kill ogres and druids, and villagers, who then drop gold and coins. Some monsters also drop treasure. That's just ridiculous. Even in RE2 in 1998, zombies never dropped things. None of the enemies even really did that, except for Brad Vickers and Nemesis, and Mr. X as well. Those three enemies were the rarest exceptions. Now in RE4, 5, and 6, and every bad spin off game, you need never be concerned about having low ammo or money. This is why RE is dying today. Yet you'd be surprised how many fanboys want a RE4 remake.

It's noose time! :D

D

Deleted member 32967

I'm kind of sick and tired of Capcom milking the series, and Code: Veronica comes before RE4. Did the folk at Capcom even study basic mathematics in school? It's a basic fact that CVX came out years before RE4 did. But hell no. Why would they remake a niche game when RE4 is the real money maker for them?

People are starting to realise that both RE2 and RE3 weren't that great after all. The thing is, I believe Capcom absolutely needs to leave 1998 behind, for good. It's so stupid that the era that is long gone, constantly gets revisited for no real reason other than to churn out some other bland nonsense. In fact, Raccoon City was destroyed in the original RE3 that was released some 21 years ago. It's time to move things ahead. They could do a new game involving a new city, or an area that hasn't been explored before. As they did with RE7. Only that hardly seemed like a proper RE sequel in my opinion and Chris looked so dumb too, but whatever. You probably get the point that I'm trying to make here. They just need to end all of the terrible spin off games, as well as these so-called "remakes" that leave out so much content, and a lot more. They should from now on, concentrate on the future of the series.

I recently made a Fandom page covering the U.S. box office, when it comes to horror movies. Check it out if you're interested.

Ink Ribbon

Awards
I honestly hope this is just rumors. I enjoy RE4 but it doesn't need to be redone atleast not now. My only guess as to why Code Veronica is being skipped over (if this is true) is that Capcom is perhaps soft rebooting their lore. As it stands, the overall story seems to have halted quite a bit and there's still unresolved plotpoints with Jake, Natalia and several others. Going back to my theory, RE4R might be rectifying some plot and eventually tying into RE8 somehow. Biggest guess, perhaps the real Wesker wasn't killed off in 5 and we're going to get an aged up Natalia having been taken over by Alex for RE8. Again, not really sure but maybe Capcom is going to focus on main-numbered games from here on in. I do wish Code Veronica and Outbreak were getting remasters but it is what it is. I'll probably check it out to see what they do with it but I'll keep my expectations low lol.

D

Deleted member 32967

Your name is Ink Ribbon, but in the new games, you don't need them for typewriters. That's all a thing of the past now. :D

Back