Re: Resident Evil 5 Demo
- It is all about the Progenitor virus
- Resident Evil 5 changes locations more often than Resident Evil 4 and the pace moves on immensly, especially after the first 10 minutes.
- The game is about 18 hours long.
- There's no location that is as big as the castle area in Resident Evil 4.
- The game is divided in 6 big chapters, each of them again divided into 3-4 areas.
- After the refinery, the game goes more for darkness (pyramids)
- GamePro counted 1 (!!!) real puzzle in Resident Evil 5.
- The emphasis is clearly on Co-Op. When a character is investigating something alone it usually deals with finding a key or moving something. GamePro says that these are the most intriguing situations as you wish your partner would be with you and help you fight the hordes of enemies.
- A few classic enemies are indeed in Resident Evil 5 (like the Licker)
- GamePro found the fights with Wesker very cool. They are absolutely dramatic and stunning.
- The visuals and audio are top notch.
- The PS3 version suffers a few glitches here and there, but they are not heavy.
- They describe the game as an extremely entertaining, quick Tour de France with less horror.
- The overall review score is 93% for both PS3 and Xbox360 versions. Added to the PS3 graphics score was a note that the PS3 version suffers minor issues. GamePro's usual, separate multiplayer score for the game is 100.
- After completion of the game graphic filters, unlimited ammo, alternate costumes and an "arcade mode" among other things become available.