• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Resident Evil Films

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Our other thread is around 4 or 5 years old I believe, so yeah. Considering the final movie is coming about, I didn't know if anyone else was interested in talking about these now that it's finally coming to a close.

I enjoyed the CG movies to an extent, Degeneration and Damnation weren't too bad as simple tie-in movies for the fans.

On the other hand, I find the live action movies atrocious. The first one was bearable, but as those movies go on I feel like they just get worse and worse. The characters they pull in from the games aren't represented well at all in my opinion, and I just hate how ridiculous most of the action and story in these movies started to get. Its almost like they wanted this whole film series to feel like Resident Evil 5.

Sorry to open with a rant, but man, I just watched the trailer for The Final Chapter and it looks so freaking corny.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
you're just buttmad that the everyone's favorite movie franchise, the only one worth a damn, is coming back in fully glory to end it all with a bang

superhero movies are low tier trash compared to this

Max

Staff member
Awards
you're just buttmad that the everyone's favorite movie franchise, the only one worth a damn, is coming back in fully glory to end it all with a bang

superhero movies are low tier trash compared to this

I'm trying really hard to figure out how much of this post is sarcasm.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
I'm trying really hard to figure out how much of this post is sarcasm.

clearly you don't understand how the RE live-action films are on the next next next next level

Max

Staff member
Awards
The sound arguments you two have presented for these films have really made me realize how all of these years I've simply been wrong, and I should probably consider institutionalizing myself.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I actually really adore these films, though they are far from being, well, good. I should note that the only RE I played was the beginning of the first one way back in the day, and then about 1/5th of the 4th (which I am currently still playing and loving).

That being said, the films are fun, and I actually really liked the character of Alice in the first few movies, though it seemed as she went on, she got.. well...

But hey, it can't be worse than when they tried to bring successful actress Michelle Rodriguez back, amirite???

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
how many last chapters of this pos have they made

Max

Staff member
Awards
how many last chapters of this pos have they made

I think this is like, the 4th time that it's been "the end." The only difference now is that it's in the title.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
It's okay, in 3 years, we'll get Alice Returns: Resident Evil

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Someone died and someone else was horribly disfigured for this movie so it better be a masterpiece. Nah, it will be terrible.

But I'll probably love it because I love this garbage film franchise and I don't know why.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
It's okay, in three years, we'll get Alice Returns: Resident Evil
I think I watched a Resident Evil film back in my preteen to teenage years. All I remember from that film is a lab and some hologram of a little girl talking about the T Virus, I think it was.

I did check out a Resident Evil film from the library a few years back. I think it had to deal with Alice, but I really don't recall the specifics of the movie just that there was this woman that had been injected with the virus, but somehow didn't become a zombie like everybody else that had been in the same situation as her and her goal to take down Umbrella. I do remember the zombie Dobermans and the opening scene where an Asian woman went on a cannibalistic rampage on people, I believe she was a zombie. I think that's where Alice is from, but I forget the name of the exact Resident Evil film.

I personally thought the movie was kind of mediocre and was kind of astounded to see this film was pretty awful according Rotten Tomatoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back