• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rewatch the KH3 2015 E3 trailer after watching Back Cover...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
[video=youtube;8oq0N-gD_8E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oq0N-gD_8E[/video]

Holy damn hell, this scene makes a thousand times more sense and I'm actually so grateful for having watched Back Cover (I kinda feel bad for those who will skip it, either because of lack of interest or other reasons).

I know we all theorised the Lost Masters being the Foretellers, but a lot of the subtext is now clear, especially that part where Xehanort looks at No Name and says "The future has already been written".

"The Masters favourite story" implies that their Master is Luxu though, which I have no idea how that works since it's meant to be a fairy tale and Luxu should be dead, unless he found a way to live forever. Or their Master just really enjoys that story.

It's also all so clear why they showed off a lot of Olympus, especially with Sora in his KH2 clothes. Tutorial world here we come! (Not looking forward to the Water Cores though ;~;)

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Full agreement, it also goes way back to the black-and-white teaser where they first talk about the "Lost Masters", those who "started the Keyblade War".

It's also a neat visual cue that

the golden ornamental structure No Name rests on is also depicted on the backrest of the chair the Master of Masters sits on, only with a different color and additional wings.

It is shown here:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

kinxsonic

I don't think they look the same at all

Spoiler Spoiler Show

And also now we have two keyblades called "No Name"? :confused:

jokingfire

Kinxsonic, I think the naming of the other No Name was more a reference to the fact that you had just been Unknown (who has No Name) to receive it.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
I am more interested in why Eraqus is putting up a "facade"? Why does Xehanort believe he knows about the lost masters and he pretends he doesn't? What's the play here?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Interesting theory
Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buff3r buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer biffer buffer
if Luxu is indeed the master of Eraqus and Xehanort (and possibly Yen Sid), i can think of a few ways why he could have survived for so long. It's possible he could have spent a significant time in the dark realm and avoided aging like Aqua

Sally-boiii

Awards
I don't think they look the same at all

Spoiler Spoiler Show

And also now we have two keyblades called "No Name"? :confused:

You know it's kind of interesting that the insignia that is on TAV clothes (as mark of who they trained under?) is also beneath the Crown. Does that mean MX and Eraqus knew Mickey at the time of BBS, or at least Eraqus' School (maybe) was in allegiance with the crown headed by Mickey? Or would it mean that Yen Sid introduced them to him at some point in time? I mean Yen Sid did know or have an idea of who TAV were, along with the fact he was expected to show up to the Mark of Mastery exam.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
You know it's kind of interesting that the insignia that is on TAV clothes (as mark of who they trained under?) is also beneath the Crown. Does that mean MX and Eraqus knew Mickey at the time of BBS, or at least Eraqus' School (maybe) was in allegiance with the crown headed by Mickey? Or would it mean that Yen Sid introduced them to him at some point in time? I mean Yen Sid did know or have an idea of who TAV were, along with the fact he was expected to show up to the Mark of Mastery exam.

Last time I checked the crown symbol is more associated with Sora rather than Mickey, but on the topic of who knows who, as BBS shows Yen Sid clearly knows who all three of TAV are and he is stated to be a friend of Eraqus as well as knowing Xehanort.
So on the flipside, while it is never mentioned anywhere, I would assume that at least Eraqus and Xehanort know that Yen Sid also has an apprentice named Mickey, just like Yen Sid knows about TAV in general.
As for actually having met in person I dunno, as Mickey and Aqua/Ventus certainly don't know each other already and Mickey's reaction to Master Xehanort in DDD does imply that they have not met in person before.

Beamer

Awards
Story aside (which seems 60% more clear now than it was back when the trailer was released), I think also did a great job at answering how the gameplay of KH3 will work. I'm not sure where, but Nomura talked about how attraction flow would activate under the right set of conditions and that sounds a lot like the new situation commands that were shown off in 0.2. Perhaps the Keyblade Transformations and drive forms are activated the same way.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm not sure where, but Nomura talked about how attraction flow would activate under the right set of conditions and that sounds a lot like the new situation commands that were shown off in 0.2.
You are correct. You can see a situation command being activated in the Jump Festa footage. It summoned the Buzz Lightyear Attraction.

FgSplOd.png

Hirokey123

Awards
Anyone else entertained by the idea that Sora's first boss is probably going to be rock titan? Rock Titan a boss that has been a secret late game boss in every one of its appearances? >_<

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Anyone else entertained by the idea that Sora's first boss is probably going to be rock titan? Rock Titan a boss that has been a secret late game boss in every one of its appearances? >_<

Weeell, despite being a "late game secret boss" in each appearance so far the Rock Titan never really was a true big challenge, lol.
But who knows, maybe Hades does a "pimp-my-Titan"-procedure in KH III and it is actually a reasonable challenge despite perhaps being the first true boss.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I hope the other titans aren't early game bosses too.The other titans like Wind/Lava,if they're actually in the game seem more fitting as mid-game bosses to me.

Though if Sora does get his new outfit before facing them i guess it wouldn't really be much of an issue to me.

Hirokey123

Awards
Well I mean it's like Yensid doesn't know the meaning of a safe way for Sora to get power....

"Sora I'm going to send you to the most dangerous realm you've visited yet, where deam monsters with unusual and unnatural abilities lay in wait to thrust you into eternal sleep, and where getting tired and falling asleep can result in your being consumed by darkness. It will be an excellent way to train you up.....now let me strip you of all your abilities so you are no more skilled than when you first got the keyblade. Also I won't be able to locate or watch you nor bring you back if things go wrong.....have fun now and before you ask yes I'm sure this is the best way to train the world's one and only hope for stopping Xehanort".

Now it's "Sora go to Olympus Coliseum to regain your strength, I know it's a place filled with gods and titans walking around, the god of death there particularly hates you, and the heartless are getting stronger than ever but you'll have donald and goofy with you you'll be fine."

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
chaser im ready for kh3 now bring it on and ill make sure i have tsuures with me as well

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
So is the area of Olympus Colisseum that's in KH3 the same place Phil trained Hercules in the film? If so that would make a lot of sense why Sora is there. Maybe Hercules or Phil sent him there to train.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
So is the area of Olympus Colisseum that's in KH3 the same place Phil trained Hercules in the film? If so that would make a lot of sense why Sora is there. Maybe Hercules or Phil sent him there to train.
I was wondering the same thing.

I know a lot of people were saying that it's Mount Olympus Sora was climbing up but the actual mountain of Mount Olympus doesn't have any platforms or architecture or greenery of any kind.

It's just a plain old mountain so it has to be somewhere else.

ghostwarmen

Awards

I know a lot of people were saying that it's Mount Olympus Sora was climbing up but the actual mountain of Mount Olympus doesn't have any platforms or architecture or greenery of any kind.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Nomura say in an interview it is Mt. Olympus? Not to mention the top we explore the Heavens. Square may have edited it to make the mountain work as a level.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards

I mean, the Atlantic ocean doesn't really have a giant city of Atlantica underneath the water with a colony of mermaids. You also can't really get to a magical floating island in the sky from Big Ben in real life. I think we can give Kingdom Hearts some creative license here.

Do you mean from the movie? If it's from the movie (and I don't remember seeing him climbing the mountain all that much in the movie), I guess it didn't have all of this stuff either. Ah, whatever, I guess Nomura just thought it looked cool so he added it. I'm sure some of that (the river scenes) could also be a pathway up to Mount Olympus that Sora takes, but I think the majority of the gameplay there was supposed to be on Mount Olympus.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Nomura say in an interview it is Mt. Olympus? Not to mention the top we explore the Heavens. Square may have edited it to make the mountain work as a level.
Yeah but it's most likely the name for the entire world like with how Olympus coliseum is still called that in KH2 regardless of the inclusion of the underworld or with the inclusion of the Town near thebes in BBS.

I mean, the Atlantic ocean doesn't really have a giant city of Atlantica underneath the water with a colony of mermaids. You also can't really get to a magical floating island in the sky from Big Ben in real life. I think we can give Kingdom Hearts some creative license here.

Do you mean from the movie? If it's from the movie (and I don't remember seeing him climbing the mountain all that much in the movie), I guess it didn't have all of this stuff either. Ah, whatever, I guess Nomura just thought it looked cool so he added it. I'm sure some of that (the river scenes) could also be a pathway up to Mount Olympus that Sora takes, but I think the majority of the gameplay there was supposed to be on Mount Olympus.
From the Movie and from the games it's just a plain old mountain.
latest

KmcBEQY.jpg

latest

They've been pretty consistent with how it looks.

I just don't see any way it's the same area from the trailers.

There's just no way to magically turn that into a believable level with architecture,greenery,water sources and other rockey platforms.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back