• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Richard Epcar confirms recording for KINGDOM HEARTS 3 Re:Mind DLC

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Veteran voice actor Richard Epcar was interviewed by Jakejames Lugo on the latest episode of the Definitive Discussion podcast to discuss his career and memorable roles in anime and video games. Richard, well known for his role as Ansem, Seeker of Darkness and Terra-Xehanort in the Kingdom Hearts franchise, mentioned in the interview that he had recently recorded for another KH project, believed to the upcoming Kingdom Hearts 3 Re:Mind DLC.

So you know, honestly, it’s really nice to be a part of the KH franchise. I’ve been honored and blessed to have done eight of those games—it may even be nine now, I don’t know, just that we did something recently for Kingdom Hearts which I was kinda shocked [about] but I guess that is part of the additional stuff they have.

It’s one of those games—it’s just the gift that keeps on giving. They keep calling me and bringing me back, and it’s great. As long as they want me back, I’ll be back.

We're looking forward to hearing Richard in the Re:Mind DLC, releasing this winter!

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts

Last edited by a moderator:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
We knew Terranort appears in at least a couple new scenes but not whether he spoke in them, so this is great to hear. Hope Ansem has new scenes too.

It’s one of those games—it’s just the gift that keeps on giving. They keep calling me and bringing me back, and it’s great. As long as they want me back, I’ll be back.
Shit, this hurt since Ansem's gone now. ;A;

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Seeing how enthusiastic Richard is for doing voice work for the series makes me sad Ansem and Terranort are no more. Maybe he could voice a future villain in the Foreteller Saga

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Seeing how enthusiastic Richard is for doing voice work for the series makes me sad Ansem and Terranort are no more. Maybe he could voice a future villain in the Foreteller Saga
Prequels and flashbacks are always a possibility.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
For me, Richard's voice, while not necessarily my favorite, was always one of the most consistent in the series, next to Riku's VA. I forget how much I enjoy hearing his voice till it shows up again. Glad to read he enjoys recording just as much as the fans enjoy hearing his voice.

On the subject of Re: Mind though, I'm actually looking forward to watching Terranort beat the crap out of Lingering Will and Aqua (since we know that's probably gonna happen, lol). I can already see myself laughing now.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Sounds great! I love his BBS Terranort grunts when he's zipping around the field. Huh-heh-hah! or something silly like that. He's actually one of my favorite VA's in KH. Hopefully Terranort or Ansem will meet the Chirithy in the Final World and call it "The eighth child"

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Bring Ansem back as his own person just so Richard can keep playing him. Same for Akio since we know Nomura loves Akio.
There's at least three ways off the top of my head Ansem, and Xemnas of course, can return.

1. Their hearts took residence in Terra's
2. They're in the Final World
tumblr_m92f68B3MX1qkxjpu.gif

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
There's at least three ways off the top of my head Ansem, and Xemnas of course, can return.

Have Terra time-travel backwards, retrieve Ansem's and Xemnas' hearts, put them inside a replica, and presto.

Also, I wonder how far does Joshua's powers extend beyond his world.

Awards
Boy could you imagine how awkward it would have been to see Xemnas eating ice cream with Roxas and the gang on the clocktower. Or Ansem casually playing frisbee with Riku.

Makes me laugh just thinking about it
I could actually see the Frisbee bit, even if I replace Ansem with a "Ghost Ansem"

The Xemnas bit would be more "Everybody staring at him with him slowly backing away"

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm assuming Sora's in Shibuya thanks to Joshua, so it probably goes pretty far.
Which makes you wonder if Luxord's Wild Card actually led him there, or will it be his escape key.

Boy could you imagine how awkward it would have been to see Xemnas eating ice cream with Roxas and the gang on the clocktower. Or Ansem casually playing frisbee with Riku.

Makes me laugh just thinking about it
LOL

To be honest, fans would have raged if they gave any semblance of simpathy to the Norts beyond of what we got.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

4. Robo-Ansem
5. An actor playing Ansem in an in-universe movie in the Bolt world (for bonus lulz, they get Billy Zane back for this)
6. Zombie Ansem
7. Robo-Zombie Ansem
8. Zombie Robo-Ansem
9. Ansem's never before seen twin brother
10. Holo-Ansem
11. Scary dream sequence
12. An Ansem toy from Toybox that's come to life
13. Some guy who looks like Ansem with a big fake-looking mustache who claims he's so totally not that this Ansem person you speak of even though you never said Ansem's name out loud in front of him & now you're getting kinda suspicious.

Back