• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Richard Epcar confirms recording for KINGDOM HEARTS 3 Re:Mind DLC

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
He might have finished his lines but we can't speak on the whole production. Every VA has their own schedule that has to be worked around.
I thought voice acting was the last part of game development since the script and animations would need to be locked in at that point?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Boy could you imagine how awkward it would have been to see Xemnas eating ice cream with Roxas and the gang on the clocktower. Or Ansem casually playing frisbee with Riku.

Makes me laugh just thinking about it
That's the kinda of awkwardness I live for.

Which makes you wonder if Luxord's Wild Card actually led him there, or will it be his escape key.
I just thought of this over at Twitter, but I'm now convinced the wild card is a blank card from the original Chi that'll let Sora draw power from someone. That the power could be from anyone is what makes it a wild card.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I thought voice acting was the last part of game development since the script and animations would need to be locked in at that point?

Yes, it is. What I am saying is that depending on the schedule of the VAs, they might not have all recorded yet. Just because Epcar finished doesn't mean the others have, at least not until we get definitive confirmation from somebody.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
That's the kinda of awkwardness I live for.

I just thought of this over at Twitter, but I'm now convinced the wild card is a blank card from the original Chi that'll let Sora draw power from someone. That the power could be from anyone is what makes it a wild card.
I thought the Wild Card was what summoned Roxas. I first thought that it would be Sora's way out of the Reaper's Game, but when I was thinking of ways that explained Roxas' return I thought the card could be used to explain it.
Yes, it is. What I am saying is that depending on the schedule of the VAs, they might not have all recorded yet. Just because Epcar finished doesn't mean the others have, at least not until we get definitive confirmation from somebody.
But it wouldn't take more than a day to record? Plus he must be one of the more important voices since Terra-Xehanort definitely will have lines in ReMIND.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
But it wouldn't take more than a day to record? Plus he must be one of the more important voices since Terra-Xehanort definitely will have lines in ReMIND.

It's not like everyone just happens to be available on the same day. They need to accommodate schedules and other obligations, which could space the recording sessions over days or even weeks.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

To give an example in the English versions e3 2018 trailers for kh3 Rapunzel and Marluxia were unvoiced but in the Japanese versions they were voiced

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
What if Sora already used the Wild Card? What if, after he disappeared in front of Kairi, the Lich carried his heart, the Wild Card activated and someone rescued Sora from the Lich and Sora somehow ended in Shibuya?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I thought the Wild Card was what summoned Roxas. I first thought that it would be Sora's way out of the Reaper's Game, but when I was thinking of ways that explained Roxas' return I thought the card could be used to explain it.

No, what made you think that? The wild card is still in Sora’s possession.

Roxas was already on his way to Sora in the replica body but he was missing that “thing” that made him Roxas until Xion started fighting Sora and that “thing”, his heart, was drawn to the new body. It’s not shown or even explained well but that’s essentially the series of events during that scene.

As Sign has already explained and to explain what I have been saying in my own posts, they don’t all record at once. Their schedules have to be accommodated. Just because it’s not that much to record doesn’t mean they all can get into the studio at one time. That isn’t how it works.

Half of the cast are actors with long-term prior engagements (months-long filming in all sorts of locations, press tours, traveling, families) and the other half are voice actors with their own prior engagements (recording sessions planned months in advance, traveling, cons and events, families).

It is what can make recording so difficult.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It’s even hard for Haley Joel Osment to fit in time to record:

It can be particularly hard to juggle such a complex story when recording his lines abroad or while working on other projects, Osment concedes. "It took a good part of last year to do all of our recording sessions. I was doing them in Toronto, New York City and while in South Africa. It's hard to find times that work for all timezones between where I’m at and Tokyo [where Square Enix is headquartered]," he says.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
What if Sora already used the Wild Card? What if, after he disappeared in front of Kairi, the Lich carried his heart, the Wild Card activated and someone rescued Sora from the Lich and Sora somehow ended in Shibuya?
I mean, maybe? It being a "wild card", i.e. a "Nomura ex machina card" means it could do anything, but it'd be such a waste to use the card like this and a little redundant when someone like Joshua could already know of Sora's death and bring him to Shibuya himself.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I mean, maybe? It being a "wild card", i.e. a "Nomura ex machina card" means it could do anything, but it'd be such a waste to use the card like this and a little redundant when someone like Joshua could already know of Sora's death and bring him to Shibuya himself.
It's interesting how you can use organic laws of a world to bring someone back. Basically opens a gateway to just about bring anyone back.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Apparently Square Enix has released the PNG image for the KINGDOM HEARTS III Re:MIND logo. I have a feeling that something is coming soon.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Apparently Square Enix has released the PNG image for the KINGDOM HEARTS III Re:MIND logo. I have a feeling that something is coming soon.
BjOYP9z.gif

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
There nothing confirming it so far, but 30th November is the date for the last concert of World of Tres tour and some fans are expecting a new trailer for Re:Mind. It's a good guess because we got out first news about Re:Mind DLC content in the first concert in Tokyo and the last one will be in Osaka.

If we don't get anything, it's just a matter of time because we'll definitely get in December.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
There nothing confirming it so far, but 30th November is the date for the last concert of World of Tres tour and some fans are expecting a new trailer for Re:Mind. It's a good guess because we got out first news about Re:Mind DLC content in the first concert in Tokyo and the last one will be in Osaka.

If we don't get anything, it's just a matter of time because we'll definitely get in December.
BjOYP9z.gif
BjOYP9z.gif

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Judging by the precedent that the concerts have been used to market the game and that the PNG image was released recently, I think it's safe to assume that we'll get something from this concert. Especially since the DLC would be two months shy from Winter.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

Didn't Nomura say in a Ultimania Interview that it's not the same Shibuya?
I like the idea of Joshua being the one responsible, would make meeting them in DDD have more of a pay off.

Judging by the precedent that the concerts have been used to market the game and that the PNG image was released recently, I think it's safe to assume that we'll get something from this concert. Especially since the DLC would be two months shy from Winter.

I'm really hoping tomorrow will reveal a new trailer, but I'm also trying to not get my hopes up, seeing Jumpfesta might be used instead.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Didn't Nomura say in a Ultimania Interview that it's not the same Shibuya?
I like the idea of Joshua being the one responsible, would make meeting them in DDD have more of a pay off.
I'mma just bring up Spockanort quotes.

No. He clarifies that it is not Kingdom Hearts' version of Shibuya. In fact, he kinda reinforces the idea that it is TWEWY:

Nomura: It does look like it. But there's more meaning in the fact that it is not Shibuya (written with kanji 渋谷), but Shibuya (written with katakana シブヤ). Also, Sora promised Neku and the others in KH3D that he would meet them in Shibuya (written in katakana), but that doesn't mean it's directly connected to this movie.​
Shibuya, that is the UG Shibuya where the Reaper's Game is played, is referred to as シブヤ in TWEWY and Kingdom Hearts. Then there is the real (RG) Shibuya that is called 渋谷.

Nomura would have just flat out said no if it wasn't TWEWY.

シブヤ is TWEWY’s Shibuya. 渋谷 is the real Shibuya. It’s how marketing refers to it, how it gets mentioned in the game, how Japanese fans refer to it.

On top of that, if Nomura did not want to create the imagery of TWEWY’s Shibuya, he wouldn’t have used the 104 Building from the game. They could have called it the 106 or any other variation of 109.

Other Square Enix games have actually referred to the 109 Building by its real name, so 104 is strictly a TWEWY version of that.

Back