• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Rikku's Last Mission 3: Islands Of Time

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
Chapter Heartbreak: The Kill (30 Seconds To Mars)

This was it. The standoff. Piku stepped forward holding her pike, eagerly waiting to feed her metal friend the flesh of the harlots. Every footstep, crashing into Yuna's heart. She drew closer as Yuna began to tremble, even the comfort of her best friend could not soothe her fear. Unarmed and unprepared, Yuna stepped backwards, every thing she could think of to avoid any harm would only prove futile. Piku ceased moving as soon as she knew her pike was in range of Yuna. In one quick swing, she sent the back of her spear towards Yuna.

Smack.

Asuka stood in front of Yuna, her arm red from the blow of Piku's spear. Yuna's eyes teared up as Asuka looked back at her. "We're not stopping here, Yuna. We didn't come here to die," she said. It was all so familiar. The setting, the mood, the situation, all seemed so... serene. He sat on the beach in front of Yuna, who was sitting behind him, leaning her back against his. Talk went on and on, until the moon came out. Rikku had joined them, unknowing of their treacherous agenda. Yuna looked at Rikku let guilt throw a seed of despair in her heart. Every glance at her smiling face would only strike another jab at her heart. Even Asuka could feel the pangs of the stigma in her heart.

Was it all worth it?

Why?

Piku dashed forward, sprinting towards her target, but Asuka had gotten in the way. Yuna had ran behind Piku, encircling her. Piku swung her pike behind her, knocking Yuna down, but in this split second of invulnerability, Asuka had leaped into the air, ready to strike down Piku. Piku wasn't as invulnerable as Asuka thought she was. Piku struck Asuka down with the back of her spear. In one flash, Piku swung the spear down. The metal bit down into her flesh as Asuka let out a bloodcurdling scream. The blood had escaped her body and pooled around her. Asuka let out a cough, staining her lips with blood. Yuna ran over to her near dead companion and stared down at her face. "Yunie-chan... I know we haven't known each other long... But thank you..." Asuka whispered. "You were a good friend..." she gasped. Every word slithered out of her mouth as each passing second ticked away.

Asuka's body lay motionless. Footsteps grew closer and closer. Yuna saw Piku standing over her and Asuka. Yuna began crying as the final moments of her life would end in an instant. Piku smirked. She lift up her spear as Yuna hugged Asuka and kissed her on the cheek. One strike. Finished.

As Yuna's few remaining seconds passed away, she stared up at Piku. Only now, Yuna didn't look at Piku as an enemy. She was a mercy angel.

-End Chapter-

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Asuka dies. I am SO happy right now.

>_> I read the chapter with a grin on my face. Despite injury.

Yuna... Well, Krazy wants Kanynt still, and Krazy is more important than Yuna. Still, it had to be done.

I'm real glad I got to do it. >_>

Last edited:

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
Time to update.

Chapter Time To Update: I Would Walk 500 Miles (The Proclaimers)

The humid air entered Gerard's lungs as he and the Prince had ventured deeper and deeper into the temple. The hallways seemed endless, or so Gerard thought until the two had came across a dead end. "Holy sh-"

"Hole is right!" The Prince exclaimed. He pointed towards a hole in the wall to their left.

"Alright then, we'll enter through there,"

"I don't know... The air feels... Odd, but it seems that it's the best way to go considering our situation," he nodded. The two had crossed the wall and began feeling how "odd" the air really was. Their breathing had become pressured and the colors surrounding them in every object had began to turn to gray. It was asifeverything they could see was being viewed in black and white. Gerard turned around to see ask the Prince what was going on. But the normally rugged, tough, and almost immortal Prince he had been training with, now looked as though it were his time to die. He looked as though he'd aged 20 years, his eyes were gaunt and his body shook.

"Dude?!" he asked frightfully.

But the Prince, Gerard realized, was no longer looking at him. His gaze was beyond Gerard's shoulder. Gerard looked behind him and his eyes went wide. Before him stood the Dahaka, Guardian of the Timeline. It stood over 12ft tall, with opposingly twisted horns coming out of his head. His body was seemingly made of darkness, and his skin was tattooed with ancient markings covering his body. Darkness was issuing from his body, dust and rock swirled around him. His very existence was warping reality, sucking the very color out of the suroundings and slowing time in bubbles around him. "What is that?" Gerard asked.

"It is the Dahaka, Guardian of the Timeline," The Prince murmured with all the strength he had. "He seeks to kill me to restore order to exsistence. We must run, I'm sure you remembered your training?"

The Dahaka let out a furious bellow. Dust shook from the columns and walls surrounding them. "Edih dluoc uoy thguoht uoy!" it yelled. Suddenly Gerard pulled out his blade. The prince snapped out of his weakness and had returned to his normal, youthful state. "Run?" Gerard asked. "Never." He charged in a jumped to slash the mighty Dahaka, but it sent out one of it tendrils and grabbed Gerard, another took him by the legs, and another by the head. With a gentle tug, Gerard was ripped into three pieces.

"Oh, damnit," the Prince sighed as the Dahaka absorbed what was left of Gerard's energy into itself. The prince had began running towards the sand flux. He jumped in and was absorbed into the sand.

~~~​

"Run?" Gerard asked. "Never." The prince had fallen out of the sand flux and grabbed Gerard by the shoulder. The Prince scoffed at him and kept running. They ran around the corner of the outer platform, but the ground beneath them began to collapse.The Prince wall ran over the collapsed platform. Gerard quickly followed suite and caught up with him. As they continued to run the Dahaka blew out a wall behind Gerard. Tendril forced themselves out of the walls in an attempt to grab the Prince or Gerard. The two warriors swung from pole to pole and reached a platform opposite of the one they started on. The rotting landscape they ran around all collapsed, spilting the warriors apart from the Dahaka.

"Alright. We're safe now," he said as he looked back at the Dahaka. The Dahaka had flared its nostrils and had leaped the seventy foot gap between them.

"You just HAD to taunt him," the Prince sighed. The Prince threw Gerard through a grate in the wall of the floor, and the Prince jumped into it barely avoiding
the Dahaka's tendrils. The Prince rolled into the fall but apparently that hadn't occured to Gerard, as he was balled up in a corner tending to an injured knee. "Sorry. I expected you land the jump, but nonetheless, we can't stop here,"

"Why can't we just fight!?" Gerard winced.

"I'll explain when we're out of danger. But for now, RUN!" he yelled. Gerard was startled but ran all the same, as they moved the Dahaka burst in though the grate. The Prince slashed through the barrels in their way. Jumping and slashing through the barrels in their path, they ran from the Dahaka. "What is with the barrels?!" Gerard asked as he continued knocking the barrels away.

A minion stood in their way, the Prince ran by dragging his Eagle Sword across it's neck. The two jumped out of the passage and landed on a pole. They looked behind them to find that the Dahaka was gone. As the caught their breath the two found their way to the Outer Hall leading to the Central Chamber.
"Okay," the Prince said. "Let's try to go through that hole in the wall, there's a hall beyond it. And I think I smell water, I know that the Warp Portals into the past have waterfalls at the entrances-"

"We could have fought him! We could've beaten him!"

"NO YOU DIDN'T!" the Prince shouted back.

"Did...n't?" he asked confused.

"Yes. Yes, didn't. You tried and the Dahaka killed you, I'll never forget it. He ripped you apart Gerard, apart. Your insides were spread across the ground. I reversed time and stopped you from attacking. Don't you see he can't be beaten! I've been running from him for three years. Three years Gerard. I haven't ate, I haven't slept, I've only run. But now I've figured out a way to be him, by going back in time I will prevent the sands of time from being created and stop myself from creating the Dahaka. I know that you might not understand all of this, but if you are going to follow me then you must do as I say, you must trust me."

"Aren't you hungry?" Gerard asked. The Prince made a small smile then continued on and climbed through the hole in the wall. No sooner had their feet hit the ground, a reverberating roar echoed around them. They spun around to see the Dahaka looming in the room they just left.

"Oh, damnit!" Gerard yelled. The Dahaka let out a roar. The prince had motioned for both to move forward. They bolted around the winding hall, the Dahaka getting ever closer with every step. They ran and saw the waterfall. The Prince tripped and was helped up quickly by Gerard. The Dahaka reared back and through a chunk of wall at the two. They dived through the arch way as the Dahaka sent a tendril at them, but to their surprise the tendril was burned by the water and reeled back. The Dahaka screamed and left through the hole he made in the wall.

"What... What just happened?" Gerard asked.

"It seems he cannot pass the water... It seems to be his weakness! This could prove useful,"

"Huh... I wouldn't have guessed that," Gerard said.

"Good thing too. It seems this is a warp room," the Prince said. Gerard had followed the Prince into the machine and as they had travelled through time, Sy had laid Rikku down on Kaileena's bed.

-End Chapter-

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
TOHF -> Sy -> Sirius -> So called Perfection Achieved -> Egomaniac -> Scum beneath my feet -> Gerard's number one fan.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Thelonepickle said:
TOHF -> Sy -> Sirius -> So called Perfection Achieved -> Egomaniac -> Scum beneath my feet -> Gerard's number one fan.

Perfection Achieved? Thankx. When is the next chapter coming

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
People's Fragile Dreams, Relinquished from Anixiet
HA! I have FINALLY caught up with the story!... AGAIN! xD I love the story Gerald/Cloud_Unchained and Sy/ (~Perfection_Achieved~)!=^_^= Lol, I find it funny that when I finished reading there was another update!xD

Anyway, a lot of people are probably glad that Yuna and Auska have been killed!=^_^= Though, I can imagine, when Gerald finds out, he may go back in time to save them or something...>.> For some reason though, this Auska reminds me of, well... The Auska in Evagalion...o_O

For the newest chapter, for some reason, I found it mildly funny by the fact you seemed determined to defeat the... Creature, and yet, in only a few seconds, it ripped you in three...;-; And how the Prince just went back in time!=^_^= I fear of when the Prince finds out who you are!;-;

I find it kind of scary how not as many people are reviewing as they used to! Well, on this page, anyway!

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
People's Fragile Dreams, Relinquished from Anixiet
Yeah, I kind of laughed at that too, just by the fact how powerful the creature is... And that the Prince and Gerald seemed kind of determined, not much, but determined enough to beat it...o.o

Err, and Kaze_Krazy, they did just get married, either that, or they are just going to sleep... Sorry if I seem blunt or something, but, I kind of doubt that... Then again, that's just me.

keybladeking

finally I finished,I can't beleve that I was so many pages behind.it is so hard to do stuff when you don't have a computor,I'm using the computor on my sidekick(its a type of phone).any way great chap and why has it takin so long for gerard to get there it is like he forgot what he was doing and decided to just kill sy and every thing will be ok. also it was realy funny how gerard just charged like that and was riped to shreds well any update

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
>_>

Kaileena's bed. Or whatever her name is.

Sy is targetting Tao as his replacement for Gerard. =o

Uh-oh. >.>

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
Chapter 34.... or 673: Yield to Temptation - After Forever

Sirius looked into the eyes of his love and moved his face towards hers’. Rikku smiled and closed her eyes, knowing what would come next. Their lips met, and pressed upon each other; Rikku was surprised to find how soft Sai's lips were. Sirius's hand slid down Rikku's side, and hers’ touched his face. Sirius had started to remove Rikku's skirt when the chamber doors flew open. It was Kaileena, wearing a crimson dress and looking urgent. By the time she realized what her ‘love’ was doing, she had already started to say, “Sirius, we 'ave a problem. Oh, sorry was I---?”

The One He Fears looked up in disgust when he heard the thick accent hidden under layers of deception and mystery, and he pulled away from the aggravated Rikku. “Interrupting, intruding, making a nuisance of yourself?” He growled, finishing her inquiry. “Yes, you are. Now, Kaileena, this had better be important.” The cold anger in his voice took both women by surprise. Rikku because of the change of mood, and Kaileena because she was still convinced that Sy loved her. Or would.

Kaileena regained her composure, stuttering, “Y-Yes, w-well, you see the Prince and ‘is companion 'ave arrived, and you told me to alert you then they appeared at the Fortress. Please forgive my intrusion...”

Kaileena bowed, and TOHF' face softened. He sighed. Kaileena’s accent became much thicker when she was nervous or apologetic. He stood and turned to Rikku, his fingers leaving the silk-like skin of her hand. “Forgive me, Love, but I must see to this,” he pleaded. “It is very important.”

Rikku’s annoyance was only slightly assuaged, but Sirius deserved patience. “Fine,” she sighed, “but try to be back soon.” She had fixed her clothes as Kaileena stammered, and her new husband thought she looked like an angel. She put on a smile so that he wouldn’t worry.

“Of course,” Tohf whispered softly. “I only want to be with you.” Then he turned back to Kaileena, eyes narrowing. “Well, let’s go, then, Empress.” Kaileena and Sirius left the grand room, leaving Rikku to sit on the bed, twiddling her fingers. Sy looked back one last time with a sympathetic look before turning into the long hallway and glaring at Kaileena. “You enjoyed interrupting us, didn't you, Kaileena? You should know by now that I, of all people, can see through your tricks.”

Kaileena glanced back upstairs at the closed door nervously before turning to The One He Fears as they reached the Throne Room. She pushed him against a bare wall and began kissing him. Sirius forced her off of him and materialized his unforgiving sword at her neck. She looked at him with pain in her eyes. Searching his eyes for an answer, she asked, “Why do you choose her? I would be much better suited to be your lover! And I know vhat you truly want,” she cooed, her voice as smooth as a cat’s. “You want power. And I can give you power. I am the Empress of Time. Come with me and you will know true power, as you've never imagined!”

Sirius slowly withdrew his sword and stared intently at the Empress. Same old argument with her, but it was always intriguing. The ruby-garbed vixen stood up and walked over to him. She held his waist and leaned into him, acting like it was only an excuse to whisper in his ear. “Leave 'er... I can be so much more,” she trailed off.

Her hands slid down farther and she pressed her body closer to his. Again he pushed her away, refusing her offer, though softly this time. His voice was firm, but was there something else there? “No, Kaileena. Cloud_Unchained let his other emotions get the best of him, but I won’t fall prey to that weakness. Now take me to the intruders so I may return to Rikku.”

Kaileena stared at him pleadingly and appraisingly, trying to sum up what was going inside his mind. Then she turned to walk towards the Hourglass Chamber. She purred, “You say that you will not fall prey to that weakness… But this place has a way of… ‘Ow you say... Changing people....”

Sirius merely smiled, disregarding that statement and walked over to the Hourglass of Time. He folded his arms behind his back, staring at it. Kaileena glanced at him through the corner of her eye. He was proud and noble, but he was not strong enough… Yet. Sy was having different thoughts. The Sands would soon be complete, and then Kaileena's job would be complete. “So,” Sy asked, turning to Kaileena, “who is the Prince with? Is he worth my effort or time, or did you simply waste the latter?”

Kaileena resisted the urge to roll her eyes. “I merely know 'is name,” she shrugged, slightly annoyed. “The Prince seems to be calling 'im Gerard.” Sirius' eyes widened in shock as he heard the name slip from Kaileena’s lips, but the look was replaced by a look of satisfaction. Kaileena walked down to the lower floor of the Hourglass Chamber, her fingers tracing the glassy-smooth wall of it.

“So, Cloud_Unchained has appeared. I wonder how he realized to look here of all places. He is good. Not only did he find the Island, he tricked the Prince into helping him.” TOHF strode down the stairs to meet Kaileena. She stared at him in confusion and surprise.

“Tricked, love?” she inquired. Sirius ignored the pet name, but he couldn’t completely disregard it. It was one of the things he called Rikku. If someone else should be calling him by it…

He cleared his throat. “Yes. You see, the Prince trained me. That is why I came here. I asked him when the training was complete to stop a man named Cloud_Unchained from getting here. Clearly, he told him that his name was Gerard. But to get this far, the Prince must have trained Gerard. This makes things different. While I have trained both with the Prince and in the In Between Worlds, Cloud's powers must be close to mine, considering the Demon Wing he was so luckily branded with. I may need more power,” He said, raising an eyebrow. Surely Kaileena would understand and meet this cue. Kaileena smiled and turned to him, not disappointing the silver-haired man.

“I know of a way to get you more power. But it will cost you.” Once again, TOHF had a cold and evil aura adorning his presence, eager for power and revenge. Was it a hunger that only Kaileena could soothe? She stared into his glaring face. Kaileena could understand why they called him The One He Fears. Even she, the Empress of Time was shaken.

“Do not toy with me, Kaileena. If you know of a way for me to get power, you'd better tell, or so help me...” He trailed off, just to imply what might happen. She got the message, but she closed her eyes and waved away fear.

“Whether you choose to or not, you will pay if you take the power. Until you take all of this strength, you will be.... incomplete.” She stared at him, eyes full of a challenge, sparkling brightly.

“I want to know, Kaileena,” he murmered firmly. His voice was quite soft - he even smiled at her. This jarred her a bit and she stepped back. He walked up to her and took her hands.

“Please tell me what this power is ‘Lena… I will do whatever you ask of me,” purred Sy.

Kaileena blushed and pulled him close, and she smiled at him, breathing deeply. Kaileena tried not to look so taken aback and whispered, “You know 'vat I vant love.

The slightest look of anger flashed in the eyes of The One He Fears, but was gone as quickly as it came. He walked away from her, his steps heavy as he decided what would happen, and stated, “When I get this power, you shall get your love. Do we have an accord?”

Kaileena’s excitement was masked as she agreed, “Yes, of course.”

Tohf was glad that was over. He turned to her again. “Now, what is it? What is this great power?”

Kaileena closed her eyes and recited from memory, with a thick accent once again appearing as she was washed over with adrenaline, “Deep and scattered around 'ze castle are small shrines known as Hydrios Immortalis. Life Pedestals, if you will. 'Zere are nine in total, and 'zey are all over 'zis Island. Individually, 'zey vill heal you and increase your power by a substantial amount. But when you get more then one, 'ze power increase will be stronger then the previous amount given. 'Ze problem is, each time you use one some of yourself is lost,” she stared at him, her eyes asking if he could comprehend what she said.

Clearly, men were too blunt to understand. This was proven when Sy dismissed the thought, saying, “That's ludicrous!! If there are nine, and I lose myself with each one, I'll be gone before I complete the task!”

Kaileena had to resist the urge to sigh in annoyance. She whispered silkily, “No, not your physical self… your personality and… Your mind.”

Sirius stared at her with a grim look plastered on his face. He paced around with a frustrated look about him. “No, then. If I lose those things, I won't have Rikku. I care more about her than I do my rivalry with Cloud_Unchained.” He spat the name of his enemy, and at the thought of losing Rikku.

Kaileena raised her manicured hands and adding, “Before you make that decision, realize you will be returned to your former self once you get all of them. The difference is, you will be 10 times more powerful then you are now. 'Zere is one more thing.” She took a breath before finishing, eyes closed again. “Once all nine Pedestals 'ave been activated, that will release.” She pointed to a large, round circle seemingly carved into the floor of the Hourglass Chamber. Nine dull markings surrounded it, and an indented line came across the circle. It was strange, somewhat intriguing and a little… repelling.

Kaileena continued, “By activating the Pedestals, those markings will glow, and each aura means that a lock has been undone. Once they are all luminescent, it will open.”

TOHF’s breath was hard as he breathed, “What will open? What's down there?”

"Power." She said simply. Excitement flew through Sy’s veins.

~Twelve minutes earlier....

"Ahh, so this is the past. It's pretty fancy!" Gerard said impressed.

"Yes, the castle seems very quaint at first glance, doesn't it?" The Prince responded. He shook his head as Gerard bounced where he stood, humming a song to the tune of a popular birthday celebration song. The lyrics were “La la la Rikku, La la la.” Over and over again.

The prince finished by adding, "But the next thing you know, we'll be dodging rusted blades and fighting creatures no mortal man was meant to see." He looked at Gerard through his peripheral vision, wanting to see Gerard’s reaction.

Gerard frowned, simply walked on past the waterway, and spoke to the Prince. "Way to drain the mood...."

The two walked down the new and improved hall. The once dilapidated and worn halls of the present became the bright and brown marbled palace of the past. The torches burned with a seemingly everlasting flame that luminated the paths. The walls were a calming, creamy, brown. The chandeliers hanging from the high ceilings were glamorous, full of sparkling prisms. Even the floor was elegant, with pedestals adorning it. Vases of flowers were placed in intricate designs. Unfortunately, with these better surroundings came even better traps.

Gerard shook his head. "Well...yeah I don't remember those spinning poles with the blades on them.” He didn’t want to seem scared. “It’d be nearly impossible to dance here!” he added.

"Yes, it is as I said: the Fortress is in perfect shape again. But we have no time to dwell on such things. We must get to the Empress' Chambers. Let us go,” murmered the Prince.

-End Chapter-

:3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back