• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Rikku's Last Mission: Redux

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
Chapter Four

All Your Love (Hellogoodbye)​

"Ready?" the voice through the communicator asked.

"As ready as I probably ever will be," Gerard said, nervously shaking his hands. He flipped his short white hood over his head and shook his hair over his eye.

"Don't do that," the voice said through the static transmission. "The hair thing's just weird,"

"Oh come on. It's cool. Right?"

"I told you it wasn't,"

"Oh come on, Elma. You know it's cool," Gerard teased the ex-chocobo knight, now Blitzball team coach.

"I don't even know why I'm helping you," her voice came through.

"Because you're a doormat," he joked. More angry messages came through from his earpiece, but Gerard turned the volume lower on his earpiece and looked around for the blonde Al-Bhed. He rested his right foot on his left knee and slouched on the bench he sat on. A small pebble flew at him from a bush off to the sides. Gerard laughed at Elma's physical retaliation. Near the entrance to the Mi'ihen Highroad/Luca, the gullwings sat on a bench, waiting for time to speed up. Yuna was going over the basics of Al-Bhed with Rikku, in an attempt to show Brother that she appreciated his effort to improve HIS speaking, even just by a little bit.

"The vowels are translated into Y, A, E, U, and I," Yuna recited for the third time in the row. Rikku had asked her to repeat three times only because she couldn't concentrate on thinking of more questions. She trembled softly and looked out at the view of Luca. "Gerard's his name, right?" Yuna said leaning back onto the bench, pushing Paine to the side. She fell asleep on Yuna's shoulders. Again. Rikku nodded. "Hmm... So it's Kanynt, then, right?"

"Very good," Rikku said, nodding and ignoring her cousin's progress. Yuna smiled at the name. It's kinda cool... I guess, she thought to herself. Suddenly, the town clock had rang. Established after the defeat of Vegnagun, the bell was built to commemorate the deeds of the Gullwings. With their logo emblazoned onto the bell, it stood behind the fountain in the plaza. Rikku stood at the bell's eleventh ring and began walking on the twelfth. Yuna and Paine ran ahead to take their places. Rikku sat back down on the bench and opened the communications through the earpieces. "You guys r-r-ready?" she said fidgeting erratically. She calmed herself down by breathing heavily. She placed her hands on her lap. Paine confirmed her birds eye view by the bell tower. Yuna however was still running. Better start looking for her, Gerard thought as he stood up and began walking.

"Rikku, where am I going?" Yuna asked. Rikku's response was for her to hide in her moogle costume and to take reconassaince duty. To hide the transformation, she immediately turned around and began running, but her path was broken once bumped into a certain person. She sat up and saw that she knocked over a man in a white zip up hoodie and boot cut pants. He stood up and wiped the dust from his sleeves and pulled Yuna up.

"I'm sorry, miss," he said with a sly smile on his face. She grabbed his hand and began creeping backwards slowly.

"Umm... Huh... Eh.... I have to go," she said running off. He scratched the back of his head in confusion. He shrugged it off and continued walking. As soon as he reached the stairs, his eyes caught a glint of heavenly gold. The very same aura which had captivated him since the day before. Her hesitant wave and subtle skip towards him and sent Gerard's heart into his throat. He walked up to her slowly, trying to hide all signs of anxiety. The scene had slowed down and the first hello was thrown out like a small child going out to play in the forest of nervouscrew it I can't finish the analogy.

"You look beautiful, Rikku," he said pulling the small boquet of flowers that were almost crushed when Yuna knocked him over. She held the flowers in one hand and in a quick glance inspected them and returned his favor with a hug. "Ready to go?" he asked motioning towards the cafe. Rikku nodded gleefully and walked along side him. They sat themselves as Paine and Yuna held close watch.

"And so begins, Rikku's last mission," Paine said, imitating an old master who carefully watched over her student.

"What are you talking about?" Yuna asked over the communicator.

"C'mon! Y'know? Rikku's last mission? She's trying to like... Y'know?"

"Not at all," Yuna said as she held the binoculars to the small opening in the moogle suit. The waiter took their drink orders as Gerard began conversing with Rikku. Yuna and Paine began to move in closer to the "target." Yuna and Paine made harsh criticisms about his small talk. While Rikku had discreetly gave the the signal to shut up. She began responding and Gerard grew curious. The waiter returned the drinks, but had mismatched who got which drink.

Their orders were sent in to the waiter as they switched the drinks with each other silently. Paine rocked back and fourth falling in and out of her sleep. "This is actually kinda boring, Yuna," Paine said in a yawn.

"Don't use our real names in communicator conversations!" Yuna joked. "How about some names then?"

"Well, anything to keep me awake," Paine laughed.

"Hmm... Rose?"

"For me or you?"

"I was kinda... Thinking for me. If that's okay with you,"

"Whatever. I need something cool,"

"Like?"

"...Spitfire... or........ Southpaw....." Paine said smirking wildly at the names.

"How about Daisy?" Yuna smiled, trying to keep up with the flower theme.

"How about I'll shoot you?" Paine laughed. "I can be Jetset. YEAH!" Paine yelled into the mic in excitement. Rikku jumped at her table, knocking her lemonade onto Gerard's lap. Rikku's face blushed at the mistake. She handed him her napkin and he immediately began wiping off the lemonade that had seeped through the napkin that already laid on his lap. He blushed nervously and laughed as he wiped it up.

"You idiot, Jetset," Yuna said mockingly as she looked through her binoculars. "Anything yet?"

"Nope..."

"Now?"

"Nope."

"Now?"

"THEY'RE KISSING."

"WHAT!?"

"Kidding, kidding,"

"I hate you,"

"I know," Paine teased. Rikku held her refilled glass of lemonade and took a sip from the straw as she began seperating the tiny threads at the end of her scarf.

"So... How long has your team been in the league?" Rikku asked.

"Well, seeing as to how our first game was yesterday... I'd say about twenty four hours," he joked. She let out an almost inaudible giggle and blushed.

"I meant, how long has your team been practicing before you got into the league?" she corrected herself. He started an explanation about the background of the team and in the middle, the waiter came in with their entrees. They continued talking as they each took small awkward bites of their food. The clock struck one as they were sharing a desert cake in the middle of the table. Yuna and Paine were half asleep by then. "Y'know, I had fun today," she said before nibbling on the piece of cake she had on the fork. "Although, I never got to hear much from you,"

"Well, whatcha wanna know?" he asked sipping some lemonade from his glass.

"Like... Where do you come from?"

"Hmm..." He said putting his hand to his chin. "Well, I was born and raised on Bikanel Island,"

"Home?"

"That's right. Although, I wasn't part of any kind of wealthy upbring of any kind. Just some kid living on his own, trying to feed himself day to day,"

"Aww... That's so sad," she said quivering her lower lip.

"You'd think so, but it wasn't really all too bad. I mean, sure it was cold at night, but if you grew up teaching yourself to pickpocket, an inn's stay is only about fifty gil. That's a day's work and a meal," he joked. "About... Sixteen, I enlisted in Operation Mi'ihen, were I met Cid, your Dad, who was our commander. Tough as nails though. Didn't screw around or else he'd mess me up," he smiled as Rikku laughed in agreement. "Luckily for me, I didn't do any of the fighting. I was part of the paramedic crew after the battle. Months after the operation, I decided to stay in the Mi'ihen temple as a digger, where I learned super secret self defense techniques from the monks who also lived there,"

"Secret techniques? Like what?" Rikku asked.

"Like... The finger of doom," he smirked proudly.

"Wanna teach me it?"

"It's easy. Watch," he smiled. He held out his index finger and wiped it quickly on his tongue. After, he held his finger out moving towards Rikku as she slid back into her chair laughing.

"I get it! I get it," she said laughing. He put on a smile as well. "Is that it?"

"Well, about... Almost a year ago, I met Elma. She used to be a chocobo knight. She was handing out try out flyers for Mushroom Rock's very own Blitzball team. It was odd, seeing as to how no one lived in Mushroom Rock, but the team was basically started in order to show Bevelle's up. Their team was filled with members of New Yevon, so the Youth League decided to follow suit,"

"I always thought that the feud between those two were over,"

"Call it a friendly punch in the shoulder. But... After try-outs, I barely made it on the team. Mainly because I could hold my breath longer than most of the other people who tried out. But other than that, I have nothing else going on for me,"

"Well, you're bound to get better, right?"

"Eventually. But don't hold your breath,"

"...I don't get it," Rikku said confused.

"Don't worry. Bad joke," he laughed.

-End Chapter-

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
People's Fragile Dreams, Relinquished from Anixiet
xD I wonder how long to 'they' show up... Well, not really show up, but something of the sort....

Nice update! Paine's awsome! xD

Haha, I almost chuckled in real life when I heard 'THEY'RE KISSING' part. And at the beginning, I did chuckle seeing as Gerald resorted to the same thing Rikku-san did. =D

Thanks for also revealing for how Kanynt got his name! ... Less, that was just found out recently.....o.o

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
Thanks for the comments you guys. I'm happy that a lot of people are enjoying the story. I won't be updating until Monday, so sit tight.

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Shaddup. =3

Update.

That was gud.

But too happy.

And I hate Yuna.

THIS IS THE LONGEST SENTENCE IN THIS POST! :DDD

Katattack

Thank You Jonathan Larson
Recounting my exploits as an Anarchist. =D
xD I wonder how long to 'they' show up... Well, not really show up, but something of the sort....

Nice update! Paine's awsome! xD

Haha, I almost chuckled in real life when I heard 'THEY'RE KISSING' part. And at the beginning, I did chuckle seeing as Gerald resorted to the same thing Rikku-san did. =D

Thanks for also revealing for how Kanynt got his name! ... Less, that was just found out recently.....o.o

GERARD. GERARD. WITH A FREAKIN' R. GERARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD. GER-FREAKIN-ARD. GERARD. OKAY?! IS THAT =^-^= ENOUGH FOR YOU?!

HOLY CRAP. WE'VE BEEN OVER THIS.

GERARD.

Nice update, Gerd. But Kat's the only Southpaw 'round these parts! >=D

Pwnage, by the way, and plenty funneh! =D Updart! Wik more Paine pwningness, too.

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
Sorry, I'm unsure of when I wrote this here and in After me, since I didn't realize anyone posted in that so I just recently discovered my error. ><

Sorry about not editing this! Well, it's now stuck to my mind and I promise to not get the 'L' that is non existant get mixed up into Gerard's name! =^_^=

Punish me if I do, or punish me now for making this same mistake for the past six months! ><

Sorry Cloud_Unchained for getting it wrong all the time! ><

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think this is a huge improvement over the original. ^_^ It brings back memories with RLM first started!

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Zomg. An Admin posted here.

I think we're supposed to grovel.

._.

-runs- Update this now.

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
Time to update:

Chapter Five

~Temper, Temper (Envy On The Coast)~​

Gerard lowered his hand and dipped his fingers into the fountain's chilling waters. He sat cross legged facing Rikku who had sat in the position. The clocktower struck two and Gerard stretched up and yawned. A glint of red caught Rikku's eyes. She looked in closer and examined the ring on his necklace around his... Well, neck. "Where'dja get that?" she said pointing at the ornament. Gerard looked down and smiled.

"The necklace?" he asked. She nodded and he chuckled nervously. "I've been wearing it so long, it's sorta lost meaning. I've had it for a while, but that's all I can remember," he said taking it off. "Here," he said holding it out in his hand. She opened her palms in front of him and he dropped the necklace. The split second the cold metal made contact with her fragile flesh, she felt as if a tremendous weight had been put upon her. The feeling of his necklace was all too familiar and the crimson red jewels that sparkled had pierced into her eyes. She was all too curious about this ring.

"You okay?" he asked. He heard a beeping in his earpiece and he looked back to see Elma giving him the signal. Rikku was holding the necklace to her eyes. Squinting, she strained her eyes to read the engraving. He stood up and stretched again. "Hey, umm... I really had a good time today, but, I've got somewhere to go. I wish I could walk you home," he said blushing. Rikku looked up from the necklace and stood up and gave him a small punch in the arm.

"Nah, don't worry about it. I'm a tough girl. I can get home myself," she joked, wrapping her arms around him. He began to stutter as they moved away.

"I'll see you again, right?" he said nervously. She nodded as he began to walk backwards and then accelerating his stride. Hmm... He forgot his necklace! she thought. She began running in the direction he did, but whichever way she went, she couldn't catch a glance of him.

"I guess... I'll keep it safe," she said. She tuned back into the same frequency as Yuna and Paine, who were in the middle of a word association game. "You guys, he left already. I'll meet you back at the fountain, alright?" she said. She closed the connection and went back to examining the engraving. She was interrupted by a hand placed on her shoulder. She shivered at the cold touch. "Yuna?" Rikku shook at the touch. Paine. Yuna was off.

"C'mon, let's go. Yuna's already headed back,"

"You mind waiting a bit? I.. I need to do an errand," she smiled. Paine shrugged. It's not like she wanted to spend the next four hours asleep waiting for dinner. Rikku tightened her scarf a little more this time and began walking down the streets of Luca, making her way around by recognizing landmarks. On the other side of Luca, Gerard and Elma were running down the dark alleyways, practically shut off from the daylight. He pulled down the extendable ladder and climbed up with his partner following him. Three stories up and they already reached the top. A black duffel bag was placed near the ledge, zipped up with a small lock sealing access. Elma kneeled before the bag and twisted the lock as Gerard pulled out a miniature spyglass from his pocket. Looking down at the street below, a small shack, almost invisible to everyone but the customers. He heard the lock broken and the bag unzipped. He looked back at Elma who was assembling the rifle. She attatched the last piece, the scope, and looked down the barrel of the L96A1.

"Loaded?"

"Just tranquilizers. Boss wants us to take him back to Home, not kill him,"

"Alright then," he said as he held the gun and trembled, surprised by the weight. He laid stomach down on the floor and propped the gun off the ledge. He took the view from the scope.

"About five minutes from now, he should be out of the shop and picking up his mail," Elma said peering through the spyglass and eyeing the figure that stepped out. A fair skinned man with long silver hair down to his shoulders stepped out with a greasy blue apron tied around his back. Gerard steadied his finger on the trigger. He looked through the scope, shaking nervously. Terrible shot he had. He wondered why Elma wasn't the one handling the gun. He watched as he lifted his head from sorting through his mail and opened his arms. The blond haired angel had entered his arms and Gerard pulled the trigger.

"Sy, this is Paine," Rikku said motioning her silver haired companion towards her other silver haired companion. Paine waved an awkward greeting. Sy walked towards Paine and shook her hand.

"Pleasure to meet you, Paine," he smiled. Paine opened her mouth to answer, but suddenly she dropped to the floor. Sy and Rikku scambled to bring her in. Elma swore.

"Great job, idiot. Right in the jugular. OF THE WRONG TARGET," she said angrily. Gerard was trying to suppress his laughter. "Quit laughing. How're you going to explain this to boss?"

"...You did it?"

"Damnit. I'm going to contact him right now and when he hears about this, you'll be in such trouble, you'd,"

"Not panic. He knows the crappy shot I have. You on the other hand are renowned for your marksmanship. If you blame it on me, you'll get in trouble for making me shoot in the first place. And I blame it on you, he'll believe me because I have seniority. See? I win," he said giving her a thumbs up. Elma was infuriated. She pulled down her headband and threw it to the floor. He just smiled as she through the spyglass at him. He spread his legs, glass shattering between them. He rolled backwards and lunged at her. She threw a backhand at him, but he leaned backwards, watching her fist fly above him. He leaned even farther down and grabbed the dagger strapped to her leg. She lifted her leg, readying for a drop kick, but behind her, grasping her arms holding the knife to her neck was her cohort.

She just laughed.

"You can't kill a liar," he smiled.

-End Chapter-​

Sterling_Silver

Dagadut.
xDDD

"You can't kill a liar." ?

Rly now?

'Cause it seems to me that Pickle has pwned you to death on numerous occasions. But y'know, other than that litte fallacy, this is some pretty hardcore stuff. 'Specially like how you've got such terrible aim. Wonderful. ;D

Krazy

Jabberwocky
-points- What he said. ._.

If my Quasar sessions count for anything, I don't think I can shoot accurately, either, Gerd. x3 Join teh club of crappy aim! :DD!

Nice chap. Though I got kinda confused. But pwnage! :D

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
xDDD

"You can't kill a liar." ?

Rly now?

'Cause it seems to me that Pickle has pwned you to death on numerous occasions. But y'know, other than that litte fallacy, this is some pretty hardcore stuff. 'Specially like how you've got such terrible aim. Wonderful. ;D

AWW!

HOW CRUNK! x3

-gives Krazy plushie- j00've earned it.

Now, Gerd. o.o; You can too kill a liar. That was a lie! :O! Anyway, gud chap, but it was a little confusing and kind of short. ._.

And more rude things to say.

:D Update!

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
xD Tie agree with the above. ._.

The "You can't kill a liar," kind of reminds me of Jack Sparrow for some reason.... xD

He never seemed to die.... ._.

Well, nice update! =^_^=

Poor Paine though! Looks like she will be sleeping for four hours... Or more....

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
Chapter Six

~God Killed The Queen (Louis XIV)~​

"Just lay her down on the couch," Rikku said moving the assortment of books and magazines off the couch as Sy dragged the sleeping Paine onto the couch. She snored loudly as Sy wiped a sweatdrop off of his forehead. Rikku walked over to the counter and leaned on it, curiously inspecting the plethora of knicknaks and such below the glass window. Sy walked behind the counter and leaned his elbow on it, taking a view of Rikku. Good friends, the two were. Since she was young, the two had always been friends. "Whenja get this?"

"Not too long ago. Three days after your last visit. Some chap wanted it off his hands, and it looked pretty nice. For a steal too. About 35 gil," he noted. She became enthralled as to what it did, what it was for, and the story behind it. The visible cogs and screws only deepened her curiousity. A ray of light shone through the shop windows and Rikku seemed to stand out. A red glint caught Sy's eye. He leaned closer and took a magnifying glass from his apron and inspected it. "Can I take a look at that?" he asked. Rikku pulled it from her potion's pouch and handed it to him. "Hmm... Where'd you get this?"

"Oh," Rikku blushed. "I umm... Sorta... Well, I got it off this guy," she stuttered.

"Pickpocketing again, are we?"

"No, it's not like that. I was having lunch with him, and I wanted to see it. He left before I could return it, so next time we see each other, I'll just give it to him then,"

"Seeing other people? You're breaking my heart," he smiled, placing both of his hands on his chest. Rikku pushed him back gently as if she was teasing him, but she was unaware that he meant it. He hid the shattered pieces of his heart behind a smile, cleverly disguising his injury.

"It was just lunch," she reassured him.

"Do you like him?"

"...Sorta," she said folding her arms. A loud explosion went off in the back and two ash covered men peeped their heads to the side of the door. Sy's jaw dropped.

"IDIOTS!" he yelled. "You dropped the shipment of grenades!"

"Uh... Yeah, boss. At least we're all okay!"

"...Clean up the mess," he said throwing the two a broom and... other various objects used to clean up grenade explosions. Paine stretched on the couch and yawned loudly. Rikku turned her head to see her get up and lean on the counter. "Alright, just the regular, right?" Sy asked, and Rikku replied with a nod. The beads rattled as they bobbed up and down. Paine eyed Sy as he returned with the box and placed it on the counter. He sorted through the contents and Rikku did too. "Alright. Twenty grenades, twenty imported Al-Bhed potions, and... A bag of gummi moogles," he said skeptically.

"Yep! Thanks!" she said as she held the box. She grasped it tightly, but her fingers ached at the edges of the box.

"Y'know, I'll just have it delivered. It's alright,"

"To the Celcius please!" she yelped, straining her arms to carry the box. Paine assisted her and placed it on the glass countertop. Sy took a notepad and wrote down Rikku's name on the delivery list. Paine was mystified by his dull green eyes. She shook her head slightly and took a deep breath. "About the necklace... There's an inscription, but I can't make it out. Can ya take a look for me?" she said as Sy was drowned in curiosity. He inspected inside of the ring and noticed the odd inscription.

"Would you mind if I looked at this overnight? I promise you'd have it back if you come back tommorow," Sy asked. Rikku nodded politely. "I'll be seein' ya!" she smiled as she walked through the doors. Paine trudged off to follow her.

"See ya," she said, waving as Sy waved back. She opened the door as he went back to shuffling various papers and sorting different items around his station. He yelled into the back while the two ash covered dolts made themselves look busy by picking up and dropping boxes.

"Hey! Get the new guy! We need a delivery!" he yelled as he flipped through papers on his notepad. A young man with long black hair walked past his incompetent employees. He tossed off his jacket and moved the hair out of his eyes to see his boss.

"Yep?"

"Here," Sy said walking towards the package, picking it up, and forcing it on him. "Deliver this to the Celcius parked on the Mi'ihen Highroad. If you can't find it, you're fired," he said. "What's your name?"

"Ketso," he said cooly.

"Good name," Elma said through his earpiece. He took the package and went straight through the door.

"See ya, Boss." Gerard smiled.

-End Chapter-

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Zomg, it's a Ketso.

._.

I'd post more, but...

It was a good chap. It was funny. :3 But I hate Sy. I hate him a lot.

Why don't you just kill him?

._.

D:

Sorry about not posting more and stuff. D: I'm in a sort of frantic rut right now. Those people still haven't called, and that one guy said it was minor, and he's just and...

Sorry about not posting more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back