• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku and the TAV Keyblade

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MegamanX1331

So because it seems everyone knows about this except me I am forced to ask: what is the deal with this theory that Riku get's a keyblade from TAV? (I have seen SufferingAngel mention this several times)

First of all, I'm not certain which keyblade this theory would be talking about. Is it the Soul Eater/Way to the Dawn or Kairi's keyblade that Riku seems to have had on him for some reason? (I personally think Kairi's has something to do with Xion and hers)

Secondly, how and why would TAV give Riku a keyblade? The keyblade chooses the master. Period. We saw for sure that you can't take a possess a keyblade if you aren't the chosen wielder. We saw proof of this back in KH1 with Squall (yes, dammit, Squall. Never Leon; it's too stupid) in Traverse Town and with the Riku/Sora situation in Hollow Bastion. As for why...why? Do you guys think that one of TAV was dying or something and transferred their power onto the closest person who just happened to be Riku? Or maybe they knew how strong Riku's heart was and decided that he was the best choice. Still, whoever of TAV was doing this should know that the keyblade will eventually just choose it's own master again, regardless of the previous master's opinion.

SufferingAngel, you seem awfully sure of yourself on this one, so would you mind explaining? Or anyone else who knows the logic behind this (imo, crazy) theory.

I'll be happy to be persuaded to think otherwise! XD

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
Its speculated that Terra Ven and Aqua chose the next weilders of the keyblade *yawn* Its said that Terra picked Riku while either ven or aqua picked Sora. The keyblade may choose its weilder but that dosen't mean that it chose him/her by its self. Thats all I have to say. *yawn* someone will tell you the rest

Cissy

Bronze Member
(1. Refering to KK, most likely.

(2. Terra has been seen watching Riku and Sora on the islands, almost as if observing them. Also, it's been known for a while now that Riku was supposed to be the first Keyblade wielder before Sora. Now, we've come to suspect that Terra had something to do with Riku based on a snipet of dialogue from the Lingering Spirit (though, apparantly this battle is not canon.) At the moment, these are all just theories, so we can't say for sure.

A

Audo

Riku is a chosen Keyblade Master.
He was chosen by Terra.
Thus people assume the KK was a Keyblade from Terra, for Riku. Basically. I'm sure that's what she meant.

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
SufferingAngel thinks that Terra chose Riku to wield the Kingdom Key because The Lingering Sentiment in Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix+ (who everyone assumes is Terra) told Sora "It isn't you that I have chosen."

And A LOT of people think Terra chose Riku to wield the Keyblade. I strongly don't believe that, because the Keyblade itself chooses it's wielder.

A

Audo

SufferingAngel thinks that Terra chose Riku to wield the Kingdom Key because The Lingering Sentiment in Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix+ (who everyone assumes is Terra) told Sora "It isn't you that I have chosen."

And A LOT of people think he's referring to the Keyblade. I don't think he is.
Nomura seems to think so.

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
I've never gotten a good answer, but when you battle Terra in KH2 final mix+ he says something like "your not the one I chose" to Sora. Then again I remember seeing the video on KHvids and he called Sora Xenahort so maybe I wrong. Any way the general thought is that Riku was the original chosen Keyblade master, but when he let darkness in his heart the blade was given to Sora. That's why Sora got the Keyblade after Riku sank in that dark potral on DI.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
I somewhat agree with you TM, what he said could have a much deeper meaning than what most of us think.
So many possibilities.

Aqua13

麿 恋仲 麿DYING OF EMBARRA

And A LOT of people think Terra chose Riku to wield the Keyblade. I strongly don't believe that, because the Keyblade itself chooses it's wielder.

we didnt just assume. we know the 3 knights are terra, aqua and ven. the first words he says is "aqua...ven"

Awards
I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about, but I think you might be referring to the theory (theory is pretty much nominal... for all intents and purposes, it is used as fact around here) that Riku got the KK from Terra.

You should know, I imagine, that Riku was the original chosen wielder of the KK.

Well, allow me to show you a quote from Nomura's Secret Report XIII:
There should be a hint about Riku being a chosen wielder hidden discreetly somewhere in the additions to the game, so certainly try and find it.

The only addition to the game, guaranteed, that can even remotely hint at Riku being a chosen wielder is the Lingering Spirit cutscene (trust me):

"Aqua... Ven... Keyblade... who are you? I can feel it...
we have met before... it was when... No... it isn't you... It isn't you that I have chosen...
Why is it not him..."

It hints that Riku was chosen by Terra to wield the KK, but it ended up under Sora's possession.

And the Keyblade choosing the master, I imagine, isn't as simple as it sounds. There are more complexities that I'm sure a character like Yuffie (who originally said it picks the master) could understand. That's not to say that someone can't choose another.

Aqua13

麿 恋仲 麿DYING OF EMBARRA
the thing about riku being the one to get the keyblade was already explained in the little book in the KH1 cover...

A

Audo

I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about, but I think you might be referring to the theory (theory is pretty much nominal... for all intents and purposes, it is used as fact around here) that Riku got the KK from Terra.

You should know, I imagine, that Riku was the original chosen wielder of the KK.

The only addition to the game, guaranteed, that can even remotely hint at Riku being a chosen wielder is the Lingering Spirit cutscene (trust me):

It hints that Riku was chosen by Terra to wield the KK, but it ended up under Sora's possession.

And the Keyblade choosing the master, I imagine, isn't as simple as it sounds. There are more complexities that I'm sure a character like Yuffie (who originally said it picks the master) could understand. That's not to say that someone can't choose another.
This.

And i don't know about you guys but i think BBS points even more to the fact that Masters can choose the next Wielder. I mean, i think TAV's mster chose TAV. I find it hard to believe three random people were magically chosen by the Keyblade on its own accord and then they magically found their way to this one master. I think he chose them.

And i'm actually beginning to think the Keyblade doesn't choose on it's own accord at all... I mean... maybe that's why there are only three Keyblade Wielders at present... *is rambling/speculating*

the thing about riku being the one to get the keyblade was already explained in the little book in the KH1 cover...
Err... no it's not. Riku being the original Keyblade Wielder was a plot twist near the end of the game... they wouldnt tell you that in the instruction manual...

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards

Riku: Let the Keyblade chose...it's TRUE master!

Cissy

Bronze Member
This.

And i don't know about you guys but i think BBS points even more to the fact that Masters can choose the next Wielder. I mean, i think TAV's mster chose TAV. I find it hard to believe three random people were magically chosen by the Keyblade on its own accord and then they magically found their way to this one master. I think he chose them.

And i'm actually beginning to think the Keyblade doesn't choose on it's own accord at all... I mean... maybe that's why there are only three Keyblade Wielders at present... *is rambling/speculating*

Perhaps the utter lack of masters (No, I'm not referring to the kind of "Masters" we have in KH1-KH2) in the KH1-KH2 timeline made people believe that it was the keyblade that chose it's wielder?

I mean, come on. "What else would lead a magical weapon of legend to "random" people?"

That's what I'd suspect they'd think, had they no recollection of the existence of actual Keyblade "Masters".

Plus, we all know it's about the strength of the heart. ;P

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

This.

I don't think it was ever specified that the keyblade choosing its master was the absolute ONLY way that one could receive it.

Besides, most if not all the people who have told us those things probably wouldn't exactly know too much about them in the first place.

A

Audo

Yeah. How much can we expect Yuffie to actually be knowledgeable on? She didn't even know some crazy ten-skinned man had banished their ruler and overtaken the world. =/

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
Speaking of Yuffie, just been wondering, Why she had on a cast-like thingy in FF7?

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
i don't think so. that can't be true. the keyblade ended up picking sora instead of riku. how riku got his, i don't know.

Terra supposedly chose Riku to weild the Keyblade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back