• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku is amazing in this game!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shazzanoire

Awards
I completely agree. I've liked Riku from the beginning, and he just gets better and better.

The little nuances, like his expression at 3:11 in that video, are the reason I love these characters so much.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I've been saying this for almost ten years. xD This game is filled with Riku's crowning moments. He's had the the best character development out of any other character in this series.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
This game was all about riku for me, especially with the last battles being only for him. It was clear that they wanted to develop his character and they truly did so.

sora's still a goofball, and he is still 20 levels weaker than my riku. -_-

Shazzanoire

Awards
Holy-- wow. By the end, my Riku was 10 levels above Sora, and I thought that was bad. xD
For some reason, I just found him better to play as. I was expecting this game to be Sora-centric, so I'm glad the storyline focused on Riku in pretty much equal measure.

Series needs more playable Riku, especially as us poor dears in the UK didn't get Re:CoM. :p

iLeen

Awards
I thought I was the only one! For some reason, either I do play better as Riku, or SE intentionally made him stronger than Sora to show his Keyblade Mastery skills~ (in turn making Riku level up much faster than Sora XD )

Love Riku even more now. I'm glad he doesn't see so badly of himself in the end (well duh, he's a Keyblade Master), but just his growth (story-wise) in this entire game was an amazing thing to see:]

inverse K-blade7

Riku's character development this game was truly incredible, so much fun to watch. When he told off YX at the end of Symphony of Sorcery, I almost wanted to cry. He's awesome to play as too. Dark Barrier, Double flight, Dark Roll, Dark Splicer, and of course Dark Aura. He shot up to my top 2 favorite characters after this game.

iLeen

Awards
Riku's character development this game was truly incredible, so much fun to watch. When he told off YX at the end of Symphony of Sorcery, I almost wanted to cry. He's awesome to play as too. Dark Barrier, Double flight, Dark Roll, Dark Splicer, and of course Dark Aura. He shot up to my top 2 favorite characters after this game.

Best. Moment. Ever.

I just love how Riku goes from uncertain to totally self-confident by the end of 3D.
And Sora was confident regardless of whatever happened, even though he was manipulated and failedXD Haha. But that's what we all love about Sora:] Even Joshua agrees.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Well they really did focus on making Riku the Final Fantasy Hero type in this game. They had a lot to work with, bringing his development full circle with the events of the game.

The way I see it, just how Aqua was considered the main character of BBS (If it only had one playable character), Riku would be the main character of 3D.

Riku's become one of my most favorite characters after this game. I still haven't played it, but I've watched the scenes and whatnot. His gameplay looks the best too, kind of combining Aqua and Terra's together.

axel95

Awards
Riku is starting to become my new favorite character. Riku's seriousness makes up for Sora's silliness. I think that they should have made Sora a bit more serious (completed The Grid with both characters). HJO seemed a little bit over the top for me, but I love how DG did Riku!

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Riku definitely had his best moments in this game. I love how his development wasn't just a rehash of Reverse Rebirth from Chain of Memories. Riku was still being harassed by Xehanort, but at this point he doesn't care. He's just doing what is right.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
riku's game play is incredible I defintly prefors the sword changes to sora's team work attacks the dont seem to last as long. My Riku also jumped ahed of sora 7 levels. He defintly needs it

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
I really like the development they've put into Riku. Before this game, I thought he was one of the worst characters in the series, but then KH3D changed all that, he's really starting to grow on me.

Key Wielder

Awards
Riku is starting to become my new favorite character. Riku's seriousness makes up for Sora's silliness. I think that they should have made Sora a bit more serious (completed The Grid with both characters). HJO seemed a little bit over the top for me, but I love how DG did Riku!

The thing about Sora is that he's supposed to be that way--he's pure and innocent, following his heart rather than doing too much thinking. If he was more serious and calculating, he really wouldn't be Sora anymore. It's what is supposed to make a relatively normal boy special, or at least that is what I always thought.

Riku was definitely brilliant in this game, though. I was glad that his development didn't begin with the same "can I fight the darkness" and instead moved on to accepting himself and seeing if he was still worthy of the Keyblade. He had some of my favorite lines, and seeing him actually becoming more master-like throughout the game was great. He was always the one who needed advice before, but now he's dishing it out. Is it possible to be proud of a fictional character? xD

flurryflames

Im still getting used to Riku with the short hair. I know why they did that, but still I liked him better with long hair. Either way I am inpressed how they developed him more in this game. Before it was almost like the emo side and darkness struggle fight in the recent games due to Ansem SOD, but in this one it is more with him branching out of the darkness in his heart.

iLeen

Awards
Im still getting used to Riku with the short hair. I know why they did that, but still I liked him better with long hair. Either way I am inpressed how they developed him more in this game. Before it was almost like the emo side and darkness struggle fight in the recent games due to Ansem SOD, but in this one it is more with him branching out of the darkness in his heart.

At first, I was a bit shocked about Riku's hair, but I do like it short when he is in his young form. I don't like it as much in his normal age form. Something about it makes him look awkward...

LordPhantomhive

Awards
Yeah this game really gave Riku a nice spotlight and character development. I especially like the scene with him telling YMX off before he fights Chernabog.

doortolight

Awards
Well they really did focus on making Riku the Final Fantasy Hero type in this game. They had a lot to work with, bringing his development full circle with the events of the game.

The way I see it, just how Aqua was considered the main character of BBS (If it only had one playable character), Riku would be the main character of 3D.

Riku's become one of my most favorite characters after this game. I still haven't played it, but I've watched the scenes and whatnot. His gameplay looks the best too, kind of combining Aqua and Terra's together.

strange I always saw aqua as the least important

ventus the most important (he was nneeded to make the xblade, and is part of sora)

then terra (like riku was attracted to darkness, yet pulled through overcoming it till controlled by mx)

aqua last (was just miss perfect no noticable development, became a master because she was to good {no character flaw = boring}
and the after all stories completed part with her just felt like they were trying to finally pull some inprtance into her)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back