• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku isn't the Blindfolded Unknown (Possibly)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KrytenKoro

Bronze Member
Actually, Nomura DID confirm that the two cloaked members in ASAS were Riku and BHK. He later confirmed that the DWU was BHK. That leaves one person: BFU. Out of Riku and Riku, who could BFU be?

Another important note: the Oblivion keychain is also called the "keychain of Sora's memories of Riku" and the "keychain of darkness".

Also, about Heartless NEO: who else has their eyes being important? And even better, if you compare Dark Mode Riku to Heartless NEO, the mark is the same shape/size and placement. The boots are similar, I guess, but all the Order members except for BFU and DWU were wearing those boots.

Note to everyone: There is no indication whatsoever that the city and beach scene were happening at the same time, as they appeared seperately in every trailer but DD.

Last edited:

pi r circles

That still doesn't answer about the other two people. Like "He looks just like you" unknown and the glowing eyed unknown. Why can't it be one of them?

KrytenKoro

Bronze Member
We have no confirmation of the beach characters. However, Nomura said identified the 2 characters in ASAS, who also appear in DD. He did not identify anyone in DD, though.

However, there are many strong indications that the Heartless NEO is Riku, but the other's might be anyone, even BHK or EM.

pi r circles

Oh okay now i understadn what your saying, but i will stay with what i said untill i see different in the game i guess

Katana

I can only express puzzlement, which borders on al
If it isn't actually Riku, I'd say it's his "shadow" that was created from his memories. It just doesn't seem to me like they are even hiding the fact that it's him... the hair and everything and given the ending of COM (even though this vid was made before that)... I find it highly likely, I mean no one else has that particular bluish silvery hair in the games (except again, the shadow memory created version of him).

ultimachaintrai

well go back earlier and consider the fact that DD MIGHT just be a concept and the BFU is just a metaphor for rikus needs. would anyone be disappointed that riku dosent wear a blindfold?

KrytenKoro

Bronze Member
It doesn't matter whether or not it was a concept video or not. ALL the trailers are concept videos, and there's really no reason to keep ragging on DD "just for being a concept", as scenes from it appeared in some of the recent trailers.

However: The character of Riku existed as of the end of Final Mix and KH1. Nomura said that the BFU was Riku, and that the dualweilder NEO is in fact, BHK. Whether or not they have changed the characters (which is a sketchy argument at best), those two are certain, those are the characters they were supposed to be.

End of discussion.

Sanctuary Keeper

Katana said:
If it isn't actually Riku, I'd say it's his "shadow" that was created from his memories. It just doesn't seem to me like they are even hiding the fact that it's him... the hair and everything and given the ending of COM (even though this vid was made before that)... I find it highly likely, I mean no one else has that particular bluish silvery hair in the games (except again, the shadow memory created version of him).

ehh, most people believe that he is dead, and will not be returning, (the replica) if thats who you are talking about to

Sanctuary Keeper

yeah, but Nomura, never said, that it was a fake riku, but then he never specified that it wasnt the real one, meh, all in all, I think that its the real Riku, I mean there are only 2 people to chose from, and what 3 names, and might i add, that its very slim for it to be a fake so yeah..

Katana

I can only express puzzlement, which borders on al
I am in agreement. It's the real riku, I was just offering that as a possibility- because maybe dark riku will be back. Though whether the blindfold is metaphorical or not... there is the fact that he was blasted with that light and also kept in the dark for a while... his eyes would be sensitive... not that sensitive because he does start to rip it off... but maybe since that was before COM and KH2... that explains why he wouldn't be wearing a blindfold around in kh2 (but maybe he is, who knows).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back