• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku, Vanitas, and MX's fighting stance

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Last thread for now.

So, how is it possible that Vanitas, Riku, and MX (including his young MX form) all have the same stance? It can easily be explained that Vanitas adapted his fighting stance from MX, but what about Riku?

Keep in mind. Riku's fighting stance is NOT due to Xehanort. In KH1 when we fight Riku on Destiny Islands he has a different fighting stance, but yet in Hollow Bastion with the dark suit on (before being possessed by Xehanort's heartless, keep this in mind) he had MX's fighting stance. But why? Why does Riku have the same fighting stance as Xehanort? How is it even possible? And it's no connection to Terra. Terra has a completely different fighting stance.

What is the connection here? How is it possible?
Vanitas fighting stance:
latest

Riku fighting stance:
Riku-DDD-Fighting-Stance-kingdom-hearts-27908752-375-544.png

Master Xehanort and Terra fighting stance:
CPlubCQ.jpg

Clearly different. MX' stance just like Riku and Vanitas. Terra has a different fighting stance. Terranort has the same fighting stance as Terra for obvious reasons.

Also Young Master Xehanort has the same stance as MX (even when fighting him in KH BBS. It only looks "slightly" difference because he's holding two weapons instead of one.
tumblr_m3gpuknapv1r103w4o2_500.gif

Discuss.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I don't think there is any deep significance to it. I think it's just meant to be a more aggressive stance that reveals part of their personality.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I don't think there is any deep significance to it. I think it's just meant to be a more aggressive stance that reveals part of their personality.

That and similar battle styles do tend to have the same opening/default stances in any case.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Darkboys put the hand out because they're actually reaching for attention. they wanna look cool.

Sora hunches over like a tool, because it makes him feel good, and he's already cool, ya dig??

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
They both somehow "trained" under at least a form of Xehanort?
If you really wanted to go into detail you could even add the fact that Vanitas is the only one whose hand is facing down instead of up. I don't see any reason for this besides it looking more swag, though.

Last edited:

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
They both somehow "trained" under at least a form of Xehanort?
If you really wanted to go into detail you could even add the fact that Vanitas is the only one whose hand is facing down instead of up. I don't see any reason for this besides it looking more swag, though.
Riku had that stance before he was even a teenager, if I remember right... I'd imagine the reason why it was different at DI was because that was lighthearted sparring rather than a serious fight.

I think Riku's hand was facing downwards in his KHII stance. Not that it really matters, though... I get the feeling that Vanitas' visual similarities with KH1 Riku were just meant to act as a red herring so his "evil Sora face" could be more surprising.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I'd imagine the reason why it was different at DI was because that was lighthearted sparring rather than a serious fight.
I think it was also meant to show him being a cocky shit, lol. Like it takes such a relaxed stance in that battle like "you could never beat me, come on and try". But when shit got serious (such as losing the keyblade part) he goes aggressive full-on.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I also get the feeling that this stance was meant to be yet another play on Mysterious Figure's time theme, since holding those weapons like that make them further resemble hands on a clock.

tumblr_m3gpuknapv1r103w4o2_500.gif

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Riku had that stance before he was even a teenager, if I remember right... I'd imagine the reason why it was different at DI was because that was lighthearted sparring rather than a serious fight.

I think Riku's hand was facing downwards in his KHII stance. Not that it really matters, though... I get the feeling that Vanitas' visual similarities with KH1 Riku were just meant to act as a red herring so his "evil Sora face" could be more surprising.

I didn't really mean it as in "he trained them to fight like this" (although I now realize it heavily sounds like that), but rather SE tried to have the fans draw some sort of connections between the characters by giving them similar fighting styles.
Besides, all three of them really seem to have / had that "try me, bitch" cocky attitude soooo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back