• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku's Dive to the Heart in 3D?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Just wanted to point something out, courtesy of Keytotruth's latest YouTube video (hope he doesn't mind me posting it):

There are a couple of unrelated things I'd like to address:
- That cutscene would have looked a hell of a lot better with TAV already in armor
- This cutscene mod is comedic gold: The floating eyes at 0:08, the T-stance Kairi, floating Sora at 2:03, the abomination at 2:43
- As Keytotruth points out in the video description, this proves that the 3D trailers thus far were probably created on BbS's engine.

But besides all that, there's something that drew my attention in that video.
Watch Riku at 0:24. It's an unused character animation. What's he doing?
Falling. But it looks familiar, doesn't it? It's the same fall Sora did in KH1 in his Dive to the Heart.

Is this suggesting that we will see Riku's Dive to the Heart in 3D (or BbSv2)?
This isn't the first time we've talked about the possibility. We know from Sora's Dive that it doesn't necessarily end with someone receiving a Keyblade. So the question becomes whether or not Riku had one before Sora. Or if he had one in order to obtain the WtD.

Since 3D and BbSv2 both appear to focus on Riku to some extent, I think it's likely we'll see a Riku Dive.

What say you?

Zul

Awards
That really depends on what the Dive entails. Is it something everyone goes though when they are about to gain the ability to summon a keyblade? Is it something people just go through in a time of importance in their lives? Does it happen to everyone?

If it is keyblade-related, I assumed that Riku would have already gone through this some time between Terra passing the Keyblade to him and him gaining the ability to summon Way to the Dawn.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Finally seeing Riku's Dive to the Heart is definitely something to look forward to. We'd get to hear what the voice tells Riku and what's inside Riku's heart. Probably get a hint at any thing left of Terra too.

And I'd like to agree that this scene was definitely more intese with TAV in armor.

Lady-Lee

Awards
im sorry, i was laughing so hard at the floating eyebrows and eyeballs that I almost couldnt pay attention to falling riku. I wouldn't mind seeing his dive into the heart, if they made it challenging. And also, I wish they would've kept tera aqua and ven in armor for that scene. It gives the perfect sense of foreboding, much better than their regular clothes. This way it doesnt seem as though they were going for a jaunty stroll in the park.

noheartx

I would love to see a Dive to the Heart for Riku. I'm sure all of his stations would look cool. You know, one with Ansem SoD, one with Sora, one with Kairi, one with Terra, and one with him in the dark suit. Although, i would have to believe he already went through one. i mean, the two times we saw a Dive to the Heart, for Sora and Ventus, they got their keyblade right after. The only exception would be Roxas, who already technically could weild the keyblade in KH2, but i think Sora's Dive would work for him too right?

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Sora was falling in more than just Awakenings, though; the 3D trailer showed dozens of him falling in Traverse Town. Isn't it possible that the falling Riku animation could be for something similar, if not the same?

Last edited:

blueheart

Bronze Member
At the beginning Sora and Riku are looking at the ocean on Destiny Islands, when suddenly, some kind of light comes out of Riku's body and he collapses. In the next instant Riku disappears. Sora runs all over the island calling his name, gliding around to search for him. The scene changes, and Sora is sitting on the island's Paopu tree, seeming like he's dozing or sleeping. The scenes of Traverse Town and the fights that happen there, which were shown at E3, are not shown. The 3D really seems three dimensional, it's amazing! Even the clip looked a lot better than videos on the current hardware. The 3D feels more like it extends deep into the image, rather than jumping out at you. I thought, I want to play KH 3D soon.

It might have been an animation render for that part of the trailer we never got to see.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Riku's Dive to the Heart is something that probably did happen already, though I wouldn't mind seeing it. Riku falling there is kind of vauge and could be for any reasone. It could be implying we'll see his Dive to the Heart but just as well him fainting for what ever reasone or it's a symbolic something something.

Awards
It might have been an animation render for that part of the trailer we never got to see.

Very likely. In fact, I think that might be it. These are all models left over from the KH3D demo, after all:
KH3DmodelKH3DDemo.png

I just find it interesting that he seems to fall back in the exact same manner as Sora.
Of course, it could just be forced symbolism that doesn't mean anything, but who knows.

blueheart

Bronze Member
Kinda sucks they never released that trailer, wasn't it at Jump Festa? I just remembered this description from KH13.

It would be awesome if we saw or played through his Dive into the Heart. I could see them doing this, since this is the only time we get to play as Riku besides CoM, and it will be longer and have a heavier storyline. Fans would want it, and this might be the only game where you play as him for a long quantity of the game, since he'll probably just be a party member in KH3. I'm all for it.

Last edited:

DanX

Maybe riku will get a true key shaped keyblade and Yen Sid forces him to have a deep dive? Nah it was probably just a trashed animation they put in of riku falling and didn't put it in the final trailers. But I think KH3D will run off at least an upgraded BBS engine which wouldn't suprise me as it's being made by the Osaka team. Though I'd like the worlds to feel more life like then they did in BBS.

chenoehii

Awards
Sora has been the main playing character all along(excluding Days, BBS, and Rebirth) so I'm not sure how well they would show Riku's Dive to the Heart. I would love to see that, and I think the fact that's he's the main playing character alongside Sora only adds to the possibility of us seeing it. I'm not really sure what his Dive would be about though-Sora's was the whole 'you'll open the door thing', and Ven was sent there because of his fractured heart(first time to his, second time to Sora's). So I'm interested at what we'll learn about Riku if he has one. Maybe they both have a Dive, and that's where part of the 'trust' comes into play? Do you think they could possibly go together somehow? idk I know what I'm throwing out is a little crazy, but maybe it's also apart of the 'Dream'... Maybe the dream that they go to a Dive to the Heart together ...?... Inception has almost ruined me when thinking about this aspect of the game

Maybe riku will get a true key shaped keyblade and Yen Sid forces him to have a deep dive?

Yen Sid: Riku take this Keyblade.
Riku:...
Yen Sid: Well? What's the matter with you?
Riku:.....I can't use this Keyblade..
Yen Sid: Why not?
Riku:......Because it's just a key.....
(Yen Sid puts the key in Riku's pocket and whacks him on the head. He faints and is sent to his Dive.

............lol I'm sorry, I know that's not what you mean...but that just popped in my head.... ^^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back