• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku's Nobody?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
So in the KH3 Don't Think Twice song trailer, Riku leaves his broken keyblade in the Realm of Darkness, saying "Might as well leave it here in case the other me needs it."

Who's this "other me" he's referring to? Is it possible that he has a nobody that no one was aware of?

Didn't he technically lose his heart to the darkness when Ansem took over him, or would that not have counted?

What do you guys think?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
While yes Riku lost his heart it never became a heartless. Thus he shouldn't have a nobody. I think the "other me" he was referring to was Repliku.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I believe Xehanort’s Heartless used Riku’s body and essence to create his new physical form. Therefore, there was no material to create a Nobody.

My bet is on a time displaced Riku possessed by Ansem from KH1. Seems like the most likely Riku who would need guidance to the light. His experiences in the present may even etch his redemptive path onto his heart much akin to how DDD etched Young Xehanort’s path onto his heart.

Repliku is my alternate. The less new versions of established characters the better as we already have so much of those. I’d rather this be an all star special of previous villains in the franchise. I’d prefer any new characters to be genuinely new.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It’s either a time-displaced version of himself during the events of KH1 (vaguely hinted with Re:coded and KH3D depending on what camp you are in) or Repliku.

Awards
As far as I was concerned, Repliku was eliminated. Also, when Kairi lost her heart we never saw her heartless, but she had a nobody--Namine. A time version of Riku is possible, but how could that Riku travel in time?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
As far as I was concerned, Repliku was eliminated. Also, when Kairi lost her heart we never saw her heartless, but she had a nobody--Namine. A time version of Riku is possible, but how could that Riku travel in time?

Because Xehanort’s Heartless possessed him, Young Xehanort can most likely pull him forward in time just like he’s done with XH and Xemnas.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Namine was created through Sora's body and darkness She never would of existed if she left Kairi's body. Plus Riku got his body back when Kingdom Hearts destroyed Ansem

As for Repliku he can just be brought back with time travel. He was created when Riku still had a bit of Ansem within him.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I just wish it isn't Repliku, I don't need every single character coming back to this Mario Party of an event.
About any chance of Riku having time travel due to Xehanort... I think they stated pretty clearly in DDD Riku managed to elude their grasp.
Like, if a KH1 Riku with Ansem inside was available for conjuring, I gotta imagine the Norts would've used him, since Riku was the ideal candidate before Roxas and Sora.

Sora got his body back as well in a relatively short time frame, shorter than Riku. And yet Roxas was able to exist.

Actually not really, Sora got his body back when Roxas gave it back to him at the end of KH II's prologue. The Sora we see post-Heartlessization was basically a living heart in human form thanks to Kairi's power. Roxas does exist because he kept borrowing Sora's original body.
That's what the "half of Sora" he had to return was about.

Smithee

Awards
Riku's Body never had a chance to form a Nobody.

It was busy being used by "Ansem" (just like how -- for example -- that Possessor Heartless used those doors in Beast's Castle to become the Thresholder in KH2).

And when Kingdom Hearts finally Light-nuked him, said Body went right back with Riku's Heart.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I just wish it isn't Repliku, I don't need every single character coming back to this Mario Party of an event.
About any chance of Riku having time travel due to Xehanort... I think they stated pretty clearly in DDD Riku managed to elude their grasp.
Like, if a KH1 Riku with Ansem inside was available for conjuring, I gotta imagine the Norts would've used him, since Riku was the ideal candidate before Roxas and Sora.

That was only in reference to present day Riku though as he had successfully warded off the darkness. That doesn’t mean they couldn’t go back to a time when he was more susceptible to darkness and use him to their advantage. If the scene from DDD in Prankster’s Paradise is any indication, they may have even already done so. They could have given up on Riku not only because of Sora, but because they already have a version of him that they deem superior.

ImVentus

Awards
I took it as
He meant if he would find himself trapped again, his first keyblade would be there for him when in desired need. Thus he didn't need it since he had grown and overcome his greatest struggle as of now. It's part of his character growth.

That's what I imagined.

As was briefly touched on in an earlier post only under the special circumstances where Kairis hearts shared Soras body can namine even exist, there is no way for kairi to create a heartless (the body that is left behind forms the nobody the darkness creates a heartless) seeing as kairi has no darkness in her heart we just see her like in kh1 remaining in a comatose state instead of vanishing

Awards
As was briefly touched on in an earlier post only under the special circumstances where Kairis hearts shared Soras body can namine even exist, there is no way for kairi to create a heartless (the body that is left behind forms the nobody the darkness creates a heartless) seeing as kairi has no darkness in her heart we just see her like in kh1 remaining in a comatose state instead of vanishing
Oh shoot! Haha I forgot about that! Yeah, and that why Namine had power over Sora's memories, right?

Meow Wow

Awards
Didn't Repliku say he is gonna "fade into darkness?"

Mayyybeee Repliku's heart(if he had one) went to the Realm of Darkenss and stayed there. And somehow Riku found out about it, and left the broken keyblade as a gift for Repliku.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
Sora turning into a Heartless counted as the Heartless needed for Kairi to produce a Nobody (even if it wasn't her own) and Namine is explicitly stated to be an anomaly among anomalies.

But yeah... Riku never turned into a Heartless so he shouldn't have a Nobody. It might be Repliku, and if it is maybe they'll draw some interesting connections to Xion, but it could also be KH1 Riku or Data-Riku ( I personally doubt the latter, but I've seen theories already).

KeybladeOrder

Awards
I’d rather this be an all star special of previous villains in the franchise.

I feel like the fact that they're bringing back Marluxia ​after all these years is a big indicator that they're going this route.

Last edited:

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Riku never created a Nobody because his heart never rejected his body; it's not enough for one to be born from the heart's simple departure, otherwise Eraqus would have had one, as well (to be fair, I won't throw out the possibility that he did create one that remains to be seen). The birth of a Nobody is a defense mechanism for a strong will that refuses to go out; usually it manifests through the body, but in this case it manifested through Riku's heart, helping him traverse the RoD.

I also agree that the KH1 Riku is most likely to be a Seeker. For one, it provides the very interesting opportunity for present Riku to confront his darkness in the most personal form. It's also worth noting that Vanitas could time travel to the present, despite not being either "more Xehanort" (ie. Ansem and Xemnas) or presently awake, so it's not a stretch for KH1 Riku to become a time-traveling seeker in spite of his present self's resolve.

Meow Wow

Awards
Riku never created a Nobody because his heart never rejected his body; it's not enough for one to be born from the heart's simple departure, otherwise Eraqus would have had one, as well (to be fair, I won't throw out the possibility that he did create one that remains to be seen). The birth of a Nobody is a defense mechanism for a strong will that refuses to go out; usually it manifests through the body, but in this case it manifested through Riku's heart, helping him traverse the RoD.

I also agree that the KH1 Riku is most likely to be a Seeker. For one, it provides the very interesting opportunity for present Riku to confront his darkness in the most personal form. It's also worth noting that Vanitas could time travel to the present, despite not being either "more Xehanort" (ie. Ansem and Xemnas) or presently awake, so it's not a stretch for KH1 Riku to become a time-traveling seeker in spite of his present self's resolve.

Based on your theory, what if the broken Way to Dawn gets picked up by a time traveling Riku and it repairs itself when he pickes it up? That could also potentially explain how Riku could get his Keyblade. He would've had to go to the RoD before his active role in KH2.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Based on your theory, what if the broken Way to Dawn gets picked up by a time traveling Riku and it repairs itself when he pickes it up? That could also potentially explain how Riku could get his Keyblade. He would've had to go to the RoD before his active role in KH2.

I think that'd be pretty cool, actually; it's as if Riku would etching out the path in his younger self's heart, much like what Ansem had done for Young Xehanort. Poetically, it'd be his Way to Dawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back