• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rinoa Heartilly in KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
During the credits of KH2, Leon was shown reading a letter that was implied to have been from Rinoa from FF8(due to the angel wings icon that came from the letter). Assuming that we will visit Radient Garden in KH3, as well as getting a couple of new FF characters, what do you guys think about Rinoa Heartilly from FF8 appearing in KH3.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
YES! I thought it was a bit of a missed opportunity to not include her into the cast, especially since we had as much Final Fantasy VII characters as we did. I see no reason as to why they can't bring her into the next numbered title in light of that credits-scene.

For that matter, bring Laguna as well. Duodecim has already been released, there's no excuse anymore.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I would love to see Rinoa appear in KH3. I wonder if she is a resident of Radient Garden or is from another world.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Riona's definitely a part of the KH universe. Leon's struggle in the first place seems to stem from losing her-

Nomura interview in the first Ultimania said:
---The red wing pattern in Squall’s back is based off of Rinoa’s image, isn’t it?

Nomura: That’s right. Well, there is a reason why Leon rejects being called Squall. I added Rinoa’s wings to imply something definitely happened in the past.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
During the credits of KH2, Leon was shown reading a letter that was implied to have been from Rinoa from FF8(due to the angel wings icon that came from the letter). Assuming that we will visit Radient Garden in KH3, as well as getting a couple of new FF characters, what do you guys think about Rinoa Heartilly from FF8 appearing in KH3.

I must not have connected the dots about the letter, but man would that be awesome! Squall and Rinoa have some freaking chemistry, and her lively character would fit well amongst the SDG trio as well. I just hope they don't do something stupid and make her a fairy (I'm looking at you YRP)

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Although I admit it would be great if she indeed show up, I hope I'm not the only one here who feel there isn't a need to show her in KH3, or at least as an integral part of the story. I would already be content with a small cameo of her.

If I recall correctly, it was mentioned in the Journal in KH1 that Leon cast Squall aside because he failed to protect home world. Now that the two events are linked (losing his home world and him knowing Rinoa), I like to think that Leon lost Rinoa for good; that would give more depth and meaning to his aside of his former self, as it not only represents his inability to defend his home, but also the people he treasure the most.

Of course, a reunion would be all fine and dandy and I have nothing against that. This was just my opinion and preference.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Although I admit it would be great if she indeed show up, I hope I'm not the only one here who feel there isn't a need to show her in KH3, or at least as an integral part of the story. I would already be content with a small cameo of her.

If I recall correctly, it was mentioned in the Journal in KH1 that Leon cast Squall aside because he failed to protect home world. Now that the two events are linked (losing his home world and him knowing Rinoa), I like to think that Leon lost Rinoa for good; that would give more depth and meaning to his aside of his former self, as it not only represents his inability to defend his home, but also the people he treasure the most.

Of course, a reunion would be all fine and dandy and I have nothing against that. This was just my opinion and preference.

Except if that letter he received at the end of KH2 was indeed from her (which with the wings, is probable) then I don't think he actually had lost her for good

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

But he didn`t lose her for good. They`re still in contact with each other as shown with the letter.

makine

Awards
Y'all are slacking! Can't believe no one posted this:

Dion_Rogers_Rinoa_1.jpg
Dion_Rogers_Rinoa_2.jpg
Dion_Rogers_Rinoa_3.jpg
Dion_Rogers_Rinoa_4.jpg

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
For years and years. I just didn't see the point in posting a fan design.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It's a lovely design, but Rinoa wasn't the first name to cross my mind upon seeing it.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
It's a cool design, but if Rinoa were to appear in the series I don't think that is what she would look like.

makine

Awards
It's a cool design, but if Rinoa were to appear in the series I don't think that is what she would look like.

It's a lovely design, but Rinoa wasn't the first name to cross my mind upon seeing it.

For years and years. I just didn't see the point in posting a fan design.

HOW LONG HAS THIS BEEN UP?!

Late 2004 to early 2005 Square held a competition to see who would make the best fanart following the theme "FFanything-2". The winner would get their design turned into render. The winner was Dion Rogers aka MUNCH, a video game designer. His submission was a conceptual design for Rinoa Heartilly of Final Fantasy VIII, if she was to appear in Kingdom Hearts II.

So, yeah...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Like if Disney would have allowed a design that shows that much skin in a KH game, lol.

Looks neat though.

As for Rinoa really appearing in KH III I'd say the chances aren't that bad as in KH 2 there were already hints towards it.

For her role though, I'd say people better not expect too much as she might just be introduced as a new member of the Restoration committee that has some interaction with the other FF cameos in one or two scenes and appears as another opponent during some coliseum/mirage arena matches.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Late 2004 to early 2005 Square held a competition to see who would make the best fanart following the theme "FFanything-2". The winner would get their design turned into render. The winner was Dion Rogers aka MUNCH, a video game designer. His submission was a conceptual design for Rinoa Heartilly of Final Fantasy VIII, if she was to appear in Kingdom Hearts II.

So, yeah...

I knew that, and it looks great but that doesn't make it even a little bit canon.

This is the series that turned the scantily clad YRP into a hot pants wearing teeny bopping trio of friendly neighborhood something-or-others. They might think up something similar, but I don't really think so.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Ugh, I hate that craft store jean and lace design. *shiver* She's definitely reminiscent of FFX-2 Yuna and Aqua there though.

I'm going to assume the letter was from Rinoa and that all will be resolved, but we could just as easily have been trolled and it could never be mentioned again. Though, if she is from Radiant Garden it begs the question where she sent it from. What world did she escape to?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

So, yeah...

Video game designer or not, it makes no difference to me.

Again, it's a lovely design. But it's taken enough liberties with the original concept that I wouldn't be inclined to think of Rinoa at first glance. That's it.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Behave yourself, children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back