• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

RIP Heath Ledger

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent007

I ♥ Livi
Website
www.myspace.com
^My g/f and I were driving home from the mall and we were talking about it. They were talking about it on the radio but we missed the beginning of it. I think that they were talking about the autopsy though. I think they did it last night. but yeah I think it does take like 2 weeks. They were kinda poking fun at his death too. It's really annoying to see people act that way sometimes.

Rix

:)
Awards
I was about to make a thread dedicated to Heath too, but I found this... This was really sad.. Rest in peace Heath..

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Apparently religious fanatics are going to picket his funeral because his death is a sign that God smote him for being in Brokeback Mountain

People like that make me hate religion.

When I heard last night that he had died, I felt the same way I did when I was told Chris Benoit died. I thought it couldn't be true, just some misinformation or something. How could someone be cut down in his prime like that? Then went I went to check, I saw an article on Yahoo proclaiming that he was, in fact, dead. I was dumbstruck, because it just didn't make any sense to me. Despite the fact that people die all the time, I just never want to believe that someone so young, not to mention someone who was quickly becoming a big star on the big screen (if he wasn't there already), could die so early in life.

The death of anyone is terrible. The death of anyone that young is even worse still.

I pretty much had the same reaction. Thankfully, the circumstances of the death were much better for Heath than for Benoit.

Even though I wasn't much of a fan of his since I haven't really watched many of his works, it's still saddening. I may have to spend some time seeing how great he really was.

dejah

:|
picketing after he's dead?

****ing cowards.
disrespectful bastards.

This just in:

January 23, 2008, 5:15 pm
Police Give New Details on Ledger Death

By Al Baker

Updated, 9:17 p.m. | The masseuse who discovered the body of Heath Ledger in a Manhattan apartment on Tuesday twice called a friend of his, the actress Mary-Kate Olsen, before calling 911, New York City police officials said on Wednesday. The officials, who provided new details about Mr. Ledger’s death, emphasized that no illegal drugs were found in the apartment and that there were no obvious signs of suicide. Tests on a rolled-up $20 bill that was found in the apartment found no evidence that the bill had been used to handle drugs, they said.

According to the police, around 12:30 p.m. on Tuesday, a housekeeper, Teresa Solomon, arrived at the apartment, at 421 Broome Street in SoHo, to do household chores. At about 1 p.m., she went into Mr. Ledger’s bedroom to change a light bulb in an adjacent bathroom; she found him on the bed face down, with the sheet pulled up to his shoulders, and heard him snoring.

A masseuse, Diana Wolozin, arrived to give Mr. Ledger a massage about 2:45 p.m. At 3 p.m., after Mr. Ledger did not emerge from his bedroom, with the door closed, the masseuse called him on his cellphone but got no answer. She entered the bedroom and saw him lying in bed. She took a massage table out of the closet and began to set it up near his bed. She then went over to him and shook him, but got no response. Using his cellphone, she used a speed-dial button to call Ms. Olsen in California to seek her guidance, knowing Ms. Olsen to be a friend of Mr. Ledger’s.

According to the authorities, Ms. Wolozin told Ms. Olsen that Mr. Ledger was unconscious. Ms. Olsen said she would call some private security people she knew in New York, and hung up. Ms. Wolozin again shook Mr. Ledger, called Ms. Olsen a second time, and said she believed the situation was grave and would call 911.

Ms. Wolozin called 911 at 3:26 p.m. to say that Mr. Ledger was not breathing. The call occurred less than 15 minutes since she had first seen him in bed and only a few moments after the first call to Ms. Olsen. The 911 operator urged Ms. Wolozin to try to revive Mr. Ledger, but Ms. Wolozin’s efforts were not successful.

Emergency medical workers arrived at 3:33 p.m., at almost exactly the same moment as a private security guard summoned by Ms. Olsen. The medical workers moved his body to the floor and then used a defibrillator and CPR, to no avail. Mr. Ledger was pronounced dead at 3:36 p.m. By that point, two other private security guards summoned by Ms. Olsen had arrived, as had police officers.

“I’m not going to speculate on why 911 was not called first,” said Paul J. Browne, the Police Department’s chief spokesman.

The police said that all five witnesses — Ms. Solomon, the housekeeper; Ms. Wolozin, the masseuse; and the three private security guards summoned by Ms. Olsen — were fully cooperating with the authorities. (On Tuesday, the police at first mistakenly stated that Ms. Olsen owned the apartment; she does not. They later corrected the error.)

The police conducted tests on a rolled-up $20 bill found in Mr. Ledger’s apartment, but found no evidence that the bill had been used for anything improper. No illegal narcotics or alcohol was found in the apartment. Two types of prescription medication — sleeping pills and an anti-anxiety medication — were found in the apartment, but it is not known if the medications played a role in his death.

Detectives from the Police Department’s 5th Precinct were looking to examine any surveillance videos from the apartment building and the surrounding area but were also awaiting the results of an investigation by the New York City chief medical examiner’s office. That office conducted an autopsy early Wednesday morning but said that the results were inconclusive and that additional testing was needed.

The death of Mr. Ledger, 28, the Australian-born actor whose breakthrough role as a gay cowboy in the 2005 movie “Brokeback Mountain” earned him a nomination for an Academy Award, has attracted international attention.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
That last paragraph really doesn't fit with the rest of the article, you know?

What's sad is that's what people put most emphasis on when it comes to his career. Hopefully his role as the joker will change that, but I highly doubt it will have any difference. You're only as good as your last stand out role. Sadly that's what he'll be remembered for in the end. Being a "gay cowboy" in BrokeBackMountain.

Makes me sick that's all people seem to care about.

dejah

pretty redundant yeah.

ya know, it's gonna be such an emo trip watching batman..

Callaghan

Awards
I didnt even see that movie, I saw him in 10 things I hate about you, which he did well in. I do hope Batman is way better for him, it looked good, though he looked creepy xD

And those religious freaks probably think they are god, how disrespectful to the dead, I may be Christian, but I can't stand what half of them do, so much for love being the main thing right?

Hmm somewhere else said they found him facedown naked on the floor o_O though I think the above article is more likely correct =p

dejah

This is absolutely sick. John Gibson is a disgusting human being.

Playing an audio clip of the iconic quote, 'I wish I knew how to quit you' from Ledger’s gay romance movie Brokeback Mountain, Gibson disdainfully quipped, 'Well, he found out how to quit you.' Laughing, Gibson then played another clip from Brokeback Mountain in which Ledger said, 'We’re dead,' followed by his own, mocking 'We’re dead' before playing the clip again."

Gibson called Ledger a "weirdo" with a "serious drug problem" and suggested that Ledger killed himself because he had "a serious position in the (stock) market" or perhaps "watched the Clinton-Obama debate last night. I think he was an Edwards guy, cause he saw his Edwards guy was just completely irrelevant."

absolutely filthy,disgusting and disrespectful human being.

Dragonstar1715

Website
dragonstar1715.deviantart.com
Indeed, stupid bastard, but then again, most people on Fox are, I mean they are the most rude and bias channel probably in existence, that can clearly be said in the documentary 'Outfoxed"

I saw Heath in Ned Kelly, he did quite well in that. Even thought I'm not much of a Heath fan myself, But I knew that he was a great Australian actor (I'm from Australia so I salute him). When someone mocks someone who has just past on, especially an important person like Heath Ledger, they deserve to be hit over the head with something heavy, maybe that'll kock some sense back into them. I bet he's not even going to apologize for that either.

john.gibson@foxnews.com

There's his email, so you can swear your head off at him of how much of a bastard he really is.

Last edited:
M

Miss Murder

^ Even if he reads the e-mails, he'll just be like, "loltards" and promptly delete the e-mail.

Poor Heath.
Quite the sad story, especially taking his little child into consideration.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
I'm starting to think that the stress from portraying the role of the Joker caused this. Pretty odd, he's even starting to kill people in the real world (i mean the Joker). I remember him saying something about how he couldn't sleep at night because the Joker was a "schizophrenic, mass murdering maniac."

This takes dying for one's art to a whole new level.

Riku Fan1415

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Apparently religious fanatics are going to picket his funeral because his death is a sign that God smote him for being in Brokeback Mountain

People like that make me hate religion.

That's ridiculous. That's not religion, that's called being insensitive.

Religion preaches that God loves his children, and although he is completely against homosexuality, he is not a homosexual, and even so, God would love him, and "God desires that all men be saved" says the Bible.

Plus, picketing a funeral is just being a heartless douche.
Plus, God didn't "smite" him. He committed suicide out of his own will, if I'm not mistaken. Or it was accidental. Or something.

I'm guessing these idiots are the people from that Baptist church who picketed the army recruit funerals, eh?

I'm starting to think that the stress from portraying the role of the Joker caused this.

B-but..he had finished his roles as the Joker. The movie had already finished filming.

John Gibson doesn't deserve to be referred to as a human being. Between the two, "Gay-Wad Gibson" should've died instead.

Aw c'mon, be nice. Being a jerk and saying someone doesn't deserve to be referred to as a human being only makes you as worse as Gibson =(

Anyways.....Heath was a great actor. I'll miss him =/

Last edited:

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
That's ridiculous. That's not religion, that's called being insensitive.

Religion preaches that God loves his children, and although he is completely against homosexuality, he is not a homosexual, and even so, God would love him, and "God desires that all men be saved" says the Bible.

Plus, picketing a funeral is just being a heartless douche.
Plus, God didn't "smite" him. He committed suicide out of his own will, if I'm not mistaken. Or it was accidental. Or something.

I'm guessing these idiots are the people from that Baptist church who picketed the army recruit funerals, eh?

Still, they are using their religion as a basis for the picketing.

Also, I believe that it's just about been decided that it was an accidental overdose, or that is wasn't suicide at the very least.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Also, I believe that it's just about been decided that it was an accidental overdose, or that is wasn't suicide at the very least.

Well not to offend anyone but, in a shallow recess of my mind I'm thinking, how stupid do you have to be to accidentally overdose on medication? They have the recommended dosage on the bottle, plus the common sense to be CAREFUL around sleeping pills and anxiety medication. Plus, if you accidentally overdose, usually people who begin to feel the effects immediately run or scream for help, no? He was just laying down on his bed facedown and naked. Wtf. Oh well. That sucks for Heath ._.

Last edited:

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Well not to offend anyone but, in a shallow recess of my mind I'm thinking, how stupid do you have to be to accidentally overdose on medication? They have the recommended dosage on the bottle, plus the common sense to be CAREFUL around sleeping pills and anxiety medication. That sucks for Heath ._.

Well, here's one explanation:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was an unintentional overdose.

He was someone who slept very little, especially when filming, and he often took sleeping pills. People who take sleeping pills will sometimes take double or even triple their dose without realizing it, thinking they were taking their first. Judy Garland used to do the exact same, and it eventually led to her death also.

For a man as hard worked and sleep deprived as he was, it wouldn't be out of the question.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Well that's true.
But still, I've taken sleeping pills before. If you take enough, you'll be knocked out and won't have to worry about taking more, and if you still can't fall asleep, I still usually remember that I took a dose and I can't take anymore without...you know...dying. lol.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
that movie drove Ledger insane, they said the part he played as joker haunted him. How sick is that? i know joker has always been a psyco and never really portrayed correctly in any of the films.. finally they get it right and the actor has to suffer for the role....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back