• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Rock out to music from Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy & more this October with the VGO

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Love video game music? Always wanted to attend a phenomenal concert featuring and be sent away on a musical journey into your favorite franchises? Keep on reading, then, because the Video Game Orchestra has just the thing for you!

The Video Game Orchestra will be holding two concerts next month celebrating the stunning music from Kingdom Hearts & Final Fantasy along with other beloved franchises like Dragon's Dogma, Street Fighter, Mega Man, the newly released D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die & more!

For those who are unfamiliar with the VGO, they are a Boston-based orchestra known for mixing together orchestral and rock music in what is referred to as their signature "rockestral" style. Along with that, they have been responsible for recording the music in Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX and the highly-anticipated Final Fantasy XV.

The first of these "rockestral" concerts takes place at Boston's Berklee Performance Center on October 2nd, the very same day that Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX releases in Japan. You can purchase your tickets for the concert on Berklee's events website, and note that there is a special discount available through the VGO's Facebook page.

The second concert takes place at the Taiwan International Convention Center in Taipei City, Taiwan on October 11th with a special guest lineup including:

• Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger, Xenogears)
  • Masashi Hamauzu (IMERUAT, Final Fantasy XIII, Saga Frontier 2)
  • Yoko Shimomura (Kingdom Hearts, Street Fighter II)
  • Hitoshi Sakimoto (Final Fantasy XII/Tactics, Valkyria Chronicles)
  • SWERY (D4 Director, Deadly Premonition)
  • TECHNOuchi (D4 Audio Director, Demon's Soul)
  • Tadayoshi Makino (Dragon's Dogma, Monster Hunter)
  • and more!

Video game music lovers who wish to attend this concert can purchase tickets right now from the event page (in Chinese). For information on the concert in English, visit the VGO's website.

You can listen to a recording of the Final Fantasy VII Suite from one of their previous concerts here:

If you'd like to own the Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 and 2.5 ReMIX original soundtracks, be sure to check out their websites. Don't miss our exclusive interview with the VGO themselves, which you can check out right here.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- & Kingdom Hearts 3!

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Rock out to music from Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy & more this October with the VGO

In Taiwan?! Now this is (relatively) close to where I am! But even though it's a Saturday, 11 October is just moments away and it would be hard for me to plan such a sudden trip. I have job to do as well, so I guess I won't be able to go anyway...

Those who have the time and budget really should go and enjoy it for those who don't. I'm sure it won't be a disappointment!

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Re: Rock out to music from Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy & more this October with the VGO

Even if it were near where I lived, I doubt that I'd be able to go (lack of funds and all that), but it's still nice to know that they're playing everywhere.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Both places are far away from where I live :(

Would love for them to have a concert over here though. The Harpa Concert Centre would be an amazing location for them to play in *hint hint* :)

I've been to several orchestral concerts with amazing film music, but never video game music before. I need to experience that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back