• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Role-Playing- Going Away Thread Suggestion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Katana

I can only express puzzlement, which borders on al
I've noticed that there are a lot of threads with people announcing that they are quitting the forums or holding off on role-playing for a while. A thread for every single person, every time they decide to leave, and every time they come back seems to just add a lot of clutter. May I suggest adding a sticky thread solely for people to announce absences, whether for a few weeks or indefinitely, the reason for their departure if they want to include it. People could also post when their return in this thread as well. Even if everyone wants to post and say goodbye, at least it would all be designated just to one thread instead of several and it will help tidy up the role-playing section a little. Anyway, just a suggestion.

Last edited:

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
But then Pickle wouldn't get to say, "Don't let the door hit ya on the way out! ^-^".

XD

Actually, it sounds like an okay idea. .-. Unless there's some Modly Mod Reason that will not permit it that little non-Mods can't understand such as ourselves. In which case, I will try to stay on teh Mods' GOOD side, and I'll say... Ummm.... "STUFF IT, N00B! THAT'S A TERRIBLE IDEA!". <.< >.>;

But I'm seriously getting tired of all this, "Hi...Bye..." "Gonna leave now..." "I'm quitting, gotta go cut my wrists..." "I ain't rping no more, so watch me have three punctuation marks at the end of this sentence..."

>_< ANNOYING!

So this could be worth considering, Modsies. .-. If I may call you Modsies. -.-

I'm gonna go be not funny somewhere else now! =D

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Why can't members leave inconspicuosly... I plan on doing so.

And this is a great idea. Now a lot of pointless threads will not bump down good threads if you accept this

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Sorry for the double post, but I do not want this thread to be bumped back.

It is worthy of thoughtfull consideration and should not be covered up by spam and meaningless threads

MegaFlare

Goddess
Awards
I don't agree. If I wanted to make a goodbye topic (not happening) I'd want my own. Of course, the topics that merely say ".....gooooodbye" are going to be moved to nonsense. It's all off-topic spam anyway, not much of a clutter problem there.

tidusora

Yunakairi
Awards
Some of the topics are meanful, after all, some of the RPers state the reason they are leaving, and it's because they have become part of the "RPing Society".

But there should be a Sub-Forum, full of Retiring, or coming back in the RP Section :D

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
Shouldn't it simply be where if you're leaving roleplay, you simply post it in the roleplay topic? That way it saves thread space, stops spam, and saves a whole lot of pain. <<;

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
Falre, that's all good and well in retrospect, but as any rper would know, they're aren't many mods that are regularly present in the role playing section. Thanks much in part to the fact that the majority of good role players there can hold their own in handling spammers. :p

....Once again I've strayed away from my point. >.> Moderation in the role playing forum isnt very common, and I think I've seen mod interference once in my time role playing here, and that was on my request as a n00b was being a retard in my thread and I hadn't the ability to strangle him myself. >.> Saying the threads will be moved to nonsense is a bit of a stretch unless we're to report each spammed up thread there in the report a topic thread, on which case there's about 10 I could find for you now. :p

The majority of these are spam, not much else. After the person has said their goodbyes, they're usually gone, so the comments and pleas to come back that you already know will ensue is nothing but people venting to deaf ears. Not quite productive or adding to the role playing environment. The newb role player problem is dwindling down. It's mostly said newbs that have spawned these goodbye threads, because they're learned they aren't cut out for it. So they announce they're leaving, as if in the long run they'll be missed. >.>

As a very common attendee of the rp-ing forum, and infamous despiser of spam and the like, I'd have to say I commend you Katana on the effort that none else have bothered to ponder on, or try to doing anything about, and I also compliment you on what I see as a great idea. ;)

Edit: Tidusora, I don't think it entirely neccesary to have a subforum for it, that would do nothing more than build a massive cause for spam simply out of desire to fill the forum up. A thread, in the long run, would be far more beneficial.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Rule: Goodbye and I'm back threads belong in either Forum Insanity or New Members sections, so if someone makes a thread saying bye in the RP Section, it does not even belong there.

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
Well, I know for a fact return threads do not belong in new member's section so insanity or nonsense would be reccomended? Perhaps someone should look into this, there are at least three "I'm leaving" threads on the first page of the rp forums alone.

Katana

I can only express puzzlement, which borders on al
In that case it would be great if those could be dealt with then, so respectfully, I still see it as a problem :). I guess it all comes down to is as Breaking Point said, lack of moderation in those forums. Sadly simply stating the problem does not fix it. It would be nice if the role-playing forums could get a little more scrutiny from the moderators, to cut down spam, etc... though I certainly know what a big job that would be, maybe get some mods who are willing to deal with that stuff? Perhaps drawn from those who most participate, I've seen a lot of excellent rpers there who have been making an effort to improve things in the rpg forum (Lord of Chaos to state the obvious, with his now-stickied rpg guildines). Anyway, these threads would be a good place to start cleaning it up a bit. *Shrugs*

ETA: Heh, posted that without seeing the last two posts, so if my post is now superfluous, that's why and disregard.

Last edited:
Back