• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Roleplaying Game (Tabletop) Idea

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Keiko-Grey

Good day.
I just wanted to throw my idea in here. Wouldn't it be interesting to create a Kingdom Hearts themed tabletop RPG in the style of Dungeons and Dragons? I've thought about it several times, and it's something I think could be quite fun.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
Are you pitching for a tabletop-styled action system integrated with the text-based narrative approach?

That manner of Roleplaying has been done; albeit not here, and not, as I've ever seen, with Kingdom Hearts

Keiko-Grey

Are you pitching for a tabletop-styled action system integrated with the text-based narrative approach?

That manner of Roleplaying has been done; albeit not here, and not, as I've ever seen, with Kingdom Hearts

Mhm, that's exactly what I meant.
It would be pretty complex to build, storywise...

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
TwpRY7k
Hf20SJD.jpg

Toghenma

Awards
It's a little bit late I know, but I would be very interested in either running or participating in something like this. I've been half working on a story like it in my spare time. The settings and stories would be mostly original, but it would still be kingdom hearts.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
There's a template system called BESM (Big Eyes Small Mouths) that is designed for taking anything and turning it into a tabletop game. I've been working on developing a Kingdom Hearts system using BESM and you could do the same. It'd be pretty interesting to see what two people can come up with!

Toghenma

Awards
I'm probably going to go with something more story heavy than systemically heavy. But I will try to govern it like a tabletop, and I plan to use elements of chance on my end to determine the seriousness of certain encounters. If I were going to introduce a real RP system, I would take a lot more time to prepare, and maybe later I might, but for now I like the idea of just bring principals and basic rules over and letting the rest come out in the posts.

Back