• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Roleplaying Raffle Competition!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Members new to the forum or roleplaying in general may join immediately. Members familiar with roleplaying may join after the 15th, provided that positions are still available.

By entering this competition, you enter into the draw to win either a $75 or $25 (USD) Amazon gift voucher. By posting in roleplays, taking part in battles and making your own stories, you will improve your chances in the draw. Exceeding expectations will particularly boost your odds of winning the draw. Even so, don't focus on roleplaying just for the sake of the prize - try it and enjoy it for its own sake!

Yes, but as a participant in this competition what do I DO?

You do anything a regular member of the roleplaying section would: join and make roleplays, take part in community things like the Character of the Week or the Roleplaying Academy, challenge or be challenged to battles, and more. The only thing different about you is that the judges will track your activity based on criteria described later, and give you scores based on that activity.

Unsure of what to do first once you're in?

Check out
Kingdom Hearts: Order and Organization, it's a roleplay with a simple, flexible setup designed with newbies in mind.
KH: Apocalypse and The Keyblade War have specifically opened up their doors to new members, so don't neglect to check them out too!
While some roleplays you might like the look of may have started, don't let that deter you! So long as they have the 'open' prefix, you've got a shot. If the managers aren't keeping a running summary of the plot, just ask them or a member of the roleplay to bring you up to scratch.

Points and the draw

With most posts you make in roleplaying, the judges of the competition will assign you a point value out of five, depending on what could reasonably be expected of you. In addition, extra points are awarded when milestones are met. At the conclusion of the competition in mid-November, your total score is divided by the number of relevant posts you've made. A higher average score - which you get with consistently good posts - gives you better chances in the draw. Achieving milestones is a way to 'break out' of the averaging process, so aim for them but don't do it cheaply.

What actions count?
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Joining the competition

Send a private message to me expressing your wish to join, or post a visitor message to my profile doing the same. Once you've been added to the list or have received a reply confirming your request, you may begin!

Leaving the competition

If, for any reason, you wish to withdraw from the competition, PM or VM one of the judges of the competition immediately. Don't just drop off the radar - if you've lost interest in roleplaying or any pressure you feel the competition puts you under, let it be known by telling the judges and others in your roleplays about it.

The judges

MESMAR_RISING, OmniChaos, Ordeith, Orion, Professor Ven

Last edited:

Light

faster than
Awards
If I'm allowed to post, this does look very interesting. The only milestone that seems a little unrealistic (right word to use?) is the completion of Roleplay.
Kudos. This looks interesting indeed.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
If I'm allowed to post, this does look very interesting.
I'll put you on the list of pending members. Once the 15th rolls past, you'll be automatically added to the list, provided it's not filled by then.
The only milestone that seems a little unrealistic (right word to use?) is the completion of Roleplay.
Hey, it's weighted heavily for a reason.
Kudos. This looks interesting indeed.
Glad to know a non-new member thinks that way. Here's hoping for a good turnout!

Smoofy

Dogs Eating Dogs
Awards
The Roleplay Section. I seldom venture out.
This seems pretty dang awesome.

Hopefully it'll drive current members to push themselves as writers and hopefully attract new ones too.

Even better yet, it'd be nice to see those new RPers continue roleplaying after this event.

magicedd

Bronze Member
Awards
This is great! The Rp section could always use more members! Great idea guys/gal's

I for one cant wait :D!

Smoofy

Dogs Eating Dogs
Awards
The Roleplay Section. I seldom venture out.
Oh also, The Keyblade War was originally an invite only Roleplay so in addition to Orion's newbie KH roleplay, The Keyblade War is open specifically to new members. Only new members may submit templates openly (there are plenty of other friendly, more experienced RPers participating to provide assistance too). It's pretty easy access (I would like to think) so it'd be nice to see some fresh RPers around this section.

magicedd

Bronze Member
Awards
I did the exact same thing for Kh:Apo, is now open again :D Just inlight of the event!

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
The competition is now open to non-newbies, so those pending will be added, and anyone else is of course free to express their interest.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
I would do this, because I really, REALLY want to, but alas, I am too busy. I am uber behind in my Sig Shop requests.

fucking school

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
A little addition to the automatically-scoring actions: Voting and commenting in character of the week. One point each, but the latter involves a cogent description of why your choice is your preferred one.

Hostile Kangaroo

Hi, I was affected by Sandy on a visit to the east coast and lost internet, but I am back now and ready to continue.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
The competition is closed! Contestants' posts after this one will have no impact on their respective scores. We'll start looking through your activities in the section and distribute points accordingly.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Apologies for the delays, but the scores have been worked out and the winners drawn!

Lunarmaster54 has come in first place, winning over even some more experienced members.
Saphextani, new as she is, came in with the second prize.

Congratulations to both of you, and good job to all of you who took part! I'll be contacting the winners shortly.

saphexteni

Thanks for the congratz! :)

xD Can't believe I actually won!! I never win at any raffle contests! It's one of those things I enter, and then send to the back of my mind, not really acknowledging it so I don't get disappointed. >_<

But thanks for this awesome competition- and I'm so glad it was able to get me into joining the KHI community. Don't expect to see me leaving anytime soon, that's for sure (may that be good or bad, we'll have to see in due time :p ). ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back