The Egotistical Bastard
- Jun 6, 2005
ROSARIO VAMPIRE: THE NEW YEAR
Yokai Academy is your everyday school. There are bullies, nerds, jocks, rich kids and more. The teachers all hand out lots of homework and the students tend to complain. For the most part everything at Yokai Academy is normal, except for one big thing. The students and teachers at the school all happen to be monsters! From Werewolves to Ogres all monsters eventually go to this school and now a brand new year is about to start at Yokai Academy. But what awaits the students within the school this year?
It’s been about 30 years since Yokai Academy students Tsukune Aono and Moka Akashiya graduated and now a new generation of students have entered the great school of Yokai Academy. However something terrible is about to happen that could be a fate worse than death for most of the students. So the question remains, what will occur this year at Yokai Academy and is there anyway to stop it? Only time will tell…
- No godmodding or powerplaying!
- No killing without negotiation/permission. This is rare that people get killed at Yokai Academy but it does happen. Try to keep it this way.
- Try to keep relationship content to a minimum, PG-13 people!
- Let’s try to keep grammar, spelling and everything to a maximum. If I see posts with consistent bad spelling or grammar I will ask the person to change it and then if it continues I will ask them to leave the RP. After all we want to be able to understand each other’s posts. Spell Check is our friend at this point.
- This is just recommended but I would like everyone to keep up with their posting so no one falls behind. I know everyone must have busy schedules but try to post at the same pace as everyone else please.
- Your posts should have at least one paragraph containing five to six sentences at the minimum.
- Connect your powers/abilities to your monster form. In other words, relate them!
- I will inspect your character and it’s abilities to make sure they are proper for the RP and I will ask you to make changes if necessary. But I am sure in most cases changes will not be necessary.
- The teachers of the classes will be controllable by all so long as it is within reason. The teachers will also have very little involvement, as this RP is more involved within the student body. The teachers will be there for the following classes Art, Math, English, Science, Human/Monster History and Computers. I will later announce the names of the teachers before the RP thread is created. However what monster they are will not be released until later in the R ot at all.
- All students must maintain human form while in school. However there are exceptions that can be made obviously. But please try to obey this rule and stay in human form at all times. However when a monster goes from human to monster form the transference is almost always simple for them. As easy as if your character is breathing. It comes naturally for them.
- Everyone has a weakness it doesn’t necessarily have to be mentioned but please keep this in mind because no one is all-powerful.
- No one can disclose what kind of monster he or she is to anyone else. However there are exceptions that can be made obviously. But please like the rule of maintaining your human form, try to obey this rule at all times.
- In this RP please try to make your monster choices original and not “OMG I’m so gonna be a dragon or something.” There are many monsters out there for choices and almost anything is a choice for you. If you really need help refer to Wikipedia.org and type in “list of monsters.” That should get you a good amount of monsters to choose from either that or Google it.
- I am going to insist that everyone be a different monster and that no one is the same. However if the time comes that there are two of the same monsters I’ll decide whether or not it is appropriate for the RP.
- No weapons are allowed on school grounds. No exceptions!
- Keep in mind that all freshmen are new to the school and thus know nothing about Yokai Academy besides the basics. However if they do know something beyond the basics then you will have to explain how they knew it or how they found out about it in your posts.
- It is rare but some non-humanoid monsters like the Yoko or the Phoenix have second forms to make up for not having a humanoid monster form. If you want to have a second form PM me first with what kind of monster you’ll have as well.
- Have fun with this RP. I expect it to be very enjoyable. ^_^
Name: (The name of your character.)
Nickname: (Another name your character is called. Optional.)
Gender: (Simple. Are you male or female?)
Age: (How old your character is and you can’t be like 300 or anything. Think in normal terms like any kid would be when in the grade you’re in.)
Grade: (What school grade your character is in. Remember this is a high school so pick a high school grade.)
Clothes: (What kind of clothes your character wears on a normal basis. Remember you’re a student. However there is no dress code but you can’t wear anything too ridiculous like a cloak or whatever.)
Monster Form Type: (What kind of monster your character is. Remember your monster can be nearly anything from anywhere.)
Monster Form Appearance: (What your character looks like when in monster form. An image or description will do. Preferably an image.)
Monster Form Abilities: (What your character is capable of when in monster form. What your monster can do like super speed, enhanced sight, ETC. However any ability you have must apply to your monster. For example a werewolf can’t breathe fire and a troll can’t fly. I’ll review your abilities but don’t go to overboard on how many abilities you have or how powerful they are. But that doesn’t mean you can’t have good abilities.)
Human Form Race: (What background your character is American, English, ETC. You can be from anywhere on the earth as long as it isn’t like Transylvania or something completely bogus.)
Human Form Appearance: (What your character looks like in human form. An image or description will do. Preferably an image though. Remember while in human form they often take on an appearance that relates to their monster form as well as their abilities. For example if a Ogre is super strong then while in human form they would then appear to be big and bulky with a lot of muscles.)
Human Form Abilities: (What your character is capable of when in human form. Your character is capable of accessing some of your character’s monster form abilities when in human form to a much less successful and less powerful degree. Please apply extremely strong limitations when in human form. Such as if your character is super strong then when in human form your character can lift a couch with both hands with a moderate amount of difficulty. This allows for the character to have slightly enhanced strength above that of the average monster in human form but not have super strength. Remember to restrict your abilities in power because while a monster is in their human form they are far weaker and more vulnerable.)
Skills: (What your character is good at doing most of which apply to your character’s physical or mental abilities. For example Ogres are big and strong and thus would probably have a skill or two in weight lifting or wrestling. You don’t have to have a lot of skills but have at the minimum 3 please. But make them simple abilities something that would make them blend in more at school and remember Yokai Academy is basically like a regular human school except that the staff and students are all monsters.)
Personality: (How your character acts normally in society be it in monster society or human society. Anything as long as it’s believable.)
Bio: (A brief history of your character. But please make it pretty good. Not like “OMG my parents died and I live alone with no friends.” You can still keep it simple but remember to keep it good and not cliché. It has to be at least 1 or 2 good paragraphs long. 5 to 6 sentences per paragraph.)
- Sky Anderson Rose
- Cole Cancer Rose
- Chimwemwe Omar Alao
- Kiti Aono
- Kohaku Mayumi
- Tony Krane
- Keahi Penbrae
- Shun Lin
- Wei Lin
- Madison Trish
- Manuel Jimenez
Teachers (Can once again be used by anyone.)
- Art -
- Math -
- English -
- Science -
- Human/Monster History -
- Computers -
My thanks to TP for this wonderful list. ^_^I've got some extra time so I'll help ya out, mate.
Okay so I think the first question is: are there going to be different teachers for different grades?
Because we've got:
- 7 Freshmen
- 3 Sophomores
- 3 Juniors
- 1 Senior
For now, there have been our general teacher categories:
- Human/Monster History
Teachers already mentioned in the RP include:
Geometry – Male – Room 275
Language – Room 742
Science – Room 357
??? – Room 298
I will assume that each class (seniors, freshman, etc.) will have different core classes.
NOTE: I based this off a normal classic high school schedule. “Main courses” are mandatory and have to be attended. “Electives” are chosen by the student and will differ from person to person. However, electives also apply to members of every class; therefore, for example, the Art class can have freshmen and juniors residing. (It makes life simple :3) It may benefit yourself and other RPers to compile your character’s class schedule and post it so people know who shares classes with who. Each character should have a total of 7 classes.
Here's the list:
~ Geometry - Male - Room 275
~ Language - Female - Room 742
~ General Science - Male - Room 443
~ Human/Monster History For Starters - Male - Room 213
~ Getting to Know Yourself: An Intro to Individual Abilities – Female – Room 247
~ Algebra II – Male – Room 446
~ Language II – Male – Room 731
~ Physical Science – Male – Room 204
~ Human/Monster History: A Detailed Review – Female – Room 127
~ Monster Etiquette – Female – Room 545
~ Trigonometry – Female – Room 546
~ Language III – Male – Room 665
~ Chemistry – Male – Room 357
~ Human/Monster History: Past Shapes Present – Female – Room 520
~ Personal Health & Fitness - Male - Gym
~ Calculus – Male – Room 227
~ Language IV – Female – Room 762
~ Biology – Female – Room 696
~ Human/Monster History: The Impact of Our Culture – Male – Room 251
~ Monster Literature: The In-Depth Approach - Female - Library
Electives - THESE APPLY TO EVERYONE - (choose 2):
~ Symphonic Winds (a.k.a. Band) – Male – Room 786
~ Art – Female – Room 521
~ Computers – Female – Room 176
~ Ceramics – Male – Room 394
~ Self-Defense 101 - Male - Outside in the Schoolyard
~ Flight Tips for Dummies - Female - Outside on the Soccer fields
Now keep in mind, mates, that some electives only apply to certain abilities. Don't choose "Flight Tips for Dummies" if your character's monster form is an iron golem.
Please don't murder me if you hate any of the classes on this list (*runs and hides in a corner*) and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE feel free to add something or comment or whatever comes to mind.
Hope you like, DT.