• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Roxas' Battle Cries

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forsaken Shadow

Having never owned the original KH2FM+, I just noticed that they changed Roxas' battle grunts. Is this exclusive to the remaster, or was it present in the original FM+ as well? More importantly, what was the reason behind the change? I kind of liked the original battle cries better tbh.

EDIT: Just saw another threat regarding this issue. Mods may close.

Wander

A lot of his original grunts are still there, they just added battle cries from Days, his boss battle from TWTNW, and some of Ventus' from BBS.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
But 358/2 days was for DS! They actually found a way to get those old battle cries and make them sound well enough for a HD game?
I can't say it sounds like his cries from days, but if you say so then... Ok!

They recorded battle cries for the Days cutscene theater in 1.5

Replica

They recorded battle cries for the Days cutscene theater in 1.5

No, the battle cries in DS Days were recorded just like any other KH game, but had to be compressed to accommodate the DS's sound capabilities. For the Days movie and KH2, they were able to use the original sound files in their original quality without compressing them. That's why the old scenes in days use the same clips, but sound clearer.

BlazeHeatnix

I'm not sure, but I think the reason is that Nomura felt bad about 358/2 Days not being playable in 1.5, so this was done to more resemble Roxas's gameplay in that game.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Is it just me or some times when you're bashing the keyblade with Sora. His cries have at least a Japanese tone. I could feel it some times.

Master Sora

Awards
Website
soraboots.tumblr.com
They sound the same to me. I think Roxas was the only one with different battle cries. The only thing I noticed with Sora is that he doesn't yell something like "Take this!" or "It's Over!" until you get the actual finishing moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back