• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Roxas' comment during the Battle

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterofLight

When you meet Roxas as Sora, who is Roxas referring to when he says, why did he choose you? and i see now

MasterofLight

but he is talking to sora about why someone choose sora and not roxas, but who choose and for what?

MasterofLight

When Roxas is talking with Sora...Before Roxas charges at Sorahe says "Tell me why did he pick you"...i want to know who Roxas says choose Sora

Detronilizer

He was asking why Ansem chose Sora of all the Keyblade wielders to destroy the Organization. After Sora managed to evade many of Roxas' attacks, Roxas saw that Sora was stronger than he looked, which is why he then said, "I see. That's why.".

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Yeah... something like that... although Roxas couldn't have destroyed them anyway without getting killed first...

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
The "HE" he was refering to was in fact Axel, you see Roxas became a loner cause Axel started chasing Sora, cause Roxas got boring....
Im totally kindding!
Ok Here's the truth...

Well aparently it was a mis-translation, PoH is right,
It was the keyblade.
The Japanese version actually translates to "Why were you chosen?"
Which makes a whole lot more sense.
You see, Roxas' ultimate goal whilst he was in the organisation was to find out why he had the keyblade. In finding out why HE had it he had to find out why his "other' had it.
You see Roxas learned that Sora was chosen by the keyblade because this is going to sound awful but Sora actually HAD friends, and true friends.
He had a heart.
Roxas was already appart of Sora, but it was sorta like a "Dying Wish"
Roxas finally got his answer.
So yeah the "HE" Roxas was refering to was the keyblade

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
So many threads about this and always the same answer:

The Keyblade.

I fail to see why people start assuming random people like Ven, Terra or sometimes even Master Xehanort.

Roxas had been questioning his (and Sora's) ability to weild that weopon all along, and even stated it in his conversation with Axel before he left the Organization.

Sexy Angel
No, its AtW. The keyblade isnt a "He" nor a "she" because keyblades arent a form of life.

AtW choose Sora to destroy Org. XIII and bring light to the realms. He didnt choose Roxas because he is a nobody, and Ansem has a deep hatred for nobodys.

Dragonstar1715

Website
dragonstar1715.deviantart.com
The keyblade is the obvious answer, I don't know why other people think different, plus when he says "So that's why" or something along the lines of that, he is referring to the fact that Sora is standing between the pictures of Riku and Kairi on the stained glass mural and his connection to his friends.

Artemis

For the glory of the hunt
sorry, this is pretty off topic, but when did Roxas merge with Sora?
BC there was this battle here, where they were still 2 seperate people, but only like an hour later in the game, they were merged already.

Bh325

He means the Keyblade. Check SeaSalt IceCream's post, it explains why it was referred to by saying "he." :toungesmile:

nubcakesamurai

During the fight, when Roxas is floating above Sora and says "I see...That's why", the next shot is Sora surrounded by the pictures of his friends in the floor. I think that's what Roxas meant, that Sora was "chosen" because he has friends. As for who Roxas attributes the "choice" to, I think he's refering to Ansem. I think it was him who said that Sora and Roxas are two halfs of the same person; Roxas was wondering why Ansem chose Sora over him.

Last edited:

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
No, its AtW. The keyblade isnt a "He" nor a "she" because keyblades arent a form of life.

AtW choose Sora to destroy Org. XIII and bring light to the realms. He didnt choose Roxas because he is a nobody, and Ansem has a deep hatred for nobodys.

So Roxas asks Sora why AtW picked him to destroy OrgXIII? I kinda doubt it. =/

I mean, why should he really care? I thought the Keyblade would be the obvious choice, since Roxas had questioned why he was chosen by the Keyblade throughout the entire game. >_>

And, about the way he addressed the "he/she", I'll give you right on that.

Hyrenking

First part; I agree, keyblade. To answer why it gets such anthropomorphism-like qualities would be theorizing, so just for the fun, I'd say that perhaps it is the embodiment of some character... could ven turn into a keyblade after the BBS trailer in FM? Anyway;

Second part; I believe that it has to do with the portraits of his friends, but it isn't just that Sora has these friends, or that they give him strength. He has the power to store people's hearts, as he did with Kairi in KH1, and I suppose the donald, goofy, and riku portriats symbolize that they are a part of him too. So yes, I agree, just wanted to expand.

Now I'm wondering, do you think its possible that the Japanese translation was meant to have a different meaning than the American one? Just that they tweak the story for the audience? I dunno, hyren out

KianaN o b o d y

He was asking why Ansem chose Sora of all the Keyblade wielders to destroy the Organization. After Sora managed to evade many of Roxas' attacks, Roxas saw that Sora was stronger than he looked, which is why he then said, "I see. That's why.".

I love that part.
And it makes sense.
But I've always wondered how much power Ansem has..
Like, you said, I think he chose Sora too..
but.. wasn't he just a scientist guy searching for Kingdom Hearts?
I don't get it...
hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back