• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

roxas in the future

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

digimikej

Awards
I made this because i want to hear other opinions on how roxas will act in the future. i personally dont think he will be an ally, at least not for sure. more neatrual (i can never spell that word). in every meeting between roxas and sora, save the end of their last encounter in KH2 and semi- soras awakening, whenever roxas thought about sora, he was always curious to borderline insane with why he was in his head, or just wanting to kill him. when he went to TWTNW to free kingdom hearts and find sora (deep dive), im pretty sure if he had succeeded in finding sora it wouldnt have been "hey dude can u release some memories so my friend can come back?" and more "im going to beat you with these keyblades until shes back". so when roxas comes back, i dont think he will be very happy with sora, even with him leaving off on a good note with him. your thoughts?

kingdomkey96

Omniversally considered a badass.
The main problem with your 'theory' is that we don't even know if Roxas is coming back, almost nothing points to that.
Also, just think about the way KH2 ended. Roxas accepted that he had to be part of Sora and understood what needed to be done. He interacted with Sora like a friend. So even if he does come back it certainly won't be as an enemy.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The main problem with your 'theory' is that we don't even know if Roxas is coming back, almost nothing points to that.
Also, just think about the way KH2 ended. Roxas accepted that he had to be part of Sora and understood what needed to be done. He interacted with Sora like a friend. So even if he does come back it certainly won't be as an enemy.

With that first point I would be careful, as while the first part is certainly true, we have something pointing vaguely in that direction with Blank Points, Ansem the Wise's words and some hinting from Nomura regarding Ansem's data and stuff.

But even disregarding that, Roxas doesn't have to come back physically to play a further role.

And please show me were Roxas actually acted towards Sora as a friend. He finally accepted what had to be done because he had no other choice and after their battle in KH 2 he acknowledged Sora as a worthy other half...but that does by no means mean he's actually fully happy with how it came out to be.

Yet still, I also highly doubt Roxas will become an actual enemy...except maybe he suffers a huge emotional breakdown and goes mad for some reason.

keybladelegacy

~*Youll be my Living Legacy~*KBL
Website
www.landofdeparture.webs.com
I made this because i want to hear other opinions on how roxas will act in the future. i personally dont think he will be an ally, at least not for sure. more neatrual (i can never spell that word). in every meeting between roxas and sora, save the end of their last encounter in KH2 and semi- soras awakening, whenever roxas thought about sora, he was always curious to borderline insane with why he was in his head, or just wanting to kill him. when he went to TWTNW to free kingdom hearts and find sora (deep dive), im pretty sure if he had succeeded in finding sora it wouldnt have been "hey dude can u release some memories so my friend can come back?" and more "im going to beat you with these keyblades until shes back". so when roxas comes back, i dont think he will be very happy with sora, even with him leaving off on a good note with him. your thoughts?
Well personally if Roxas does come back I would think his issues would be resolved. He returned back into Sora with Xion. Said goodbye to his friends Hayner, Pence, Olette, and Axel through Sora. So Roxas being an ally seems perfectly reasonable.

kingdomkey96

Omniversally considered a badass.
With that first point I would be careful, as while the first part is certainly true, we have something pointing vaguely in that direction with Blank Points, Ansem the Wise's words and some hinting from Nomura regarding Ansem's data and stuff.

But even disregarding that, Roxas doesn't have to come back physically to play a further role.

And please show me were Roxas actually acted towards Sora as a friend. He finally accepted what had to be done because he had no other choice and after their battle in KH 2 he acknowledged Sora as a worthy other half...but that does by no means mean he's actually fully happy with how it came out to be.

Yet still, I also highly doubt Roxas will become an actual enemy...except maybe he suffers a huge emotional breakdown and goes mad for some reason.

Yeah while I was writing that I could tell that I was choosing those words poorly. But the rest is true he accepted what he needed to do and actually seemed content with what was happening. Happy and hopeful too.Nothing and I do mean nothing point to him being angry with Sora.....

YouTube - KH2 - Cutscene before final Xemnas battles

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yeah, still all those hints are vague, but Roxas did say Sora's name, independent from Ventus or anyone else for that matter.

Like I said, he accepted it and was content because there really was no other way, which he realized at last...heck, even Riku hesitated at first and pondered if there would be another way (for both Roxas and Xion).
He was happy about that he didn't had to fade into darkness like normal nobodies, indeed. He's not angry at Sora because Sora himself is really not to blame...considering Sora's overall personality and his words to Riku in KH 2 when he learned of Roxas that he wants to meet him in person actually suggests that if he had the means to do it Sora would actually strive to become friends with Roxas.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I just said this in another thread - I think Roxas will exist inside of Sora forever but he will stay there (which is good)

Maxyli138

Roxas has made his peace with Sora and accepted his fate. If he ever does come back in a physical form, he would side with Sora most likely. The reason Roxas was so angry about having some of Sora's memories and not knowing who he was is because he was confused. Now he finally understands.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
there can only be one guys we cant' have ventus and roxas running around
the universe would explode

Sakulily

Roxas appears happy due to the fact that he feels complete. After testing Sora (in the battle) I think he realised something, that he is happy and that he finally has answered that question that daunted him about his exsistance and why he could possess the power to wield the Keyblade.

Sure he must have been upset and angry, but he accepted it and in the end, he was happy. That cute smile at the end of KH2 says it all :)

~JD~

This ^

But seriously, im sure roxas will be around one way or another in the future, and he's more than sora's ally, he IS part of sora, and now he knows it too.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Really?
If that's the case the universe should have exploded three times already, as Xion, Naminé and Kairi were for a time all three around, we have multiple Xehanorts as well and Roxas and Sora, who are closer together than Roxas and Ven, did coexist too.
I would rather say some people would/could not grasp that and have their heads explode, not the universe...lol.

~JD~ said:
But seriously, im sure roxas will be around one way or another in the future, and he's more than sora's ally, he IS part of sora, and now he knows it too.

That's almost a given, the form is still unclear, but there will be future involvement no question. Nomura didn't make up all those original characters (especially the three main trios) just to ditch them.
Btw, being part of/originating from someone doesn't mean you have always to agree with your other half or be his/her ally, Vanitas begs to differ...;).

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
the idea of bringing roxas back would totally mean the last couple games were pointless, if he can return then so can any nobody, but the thing is THEY WERE NOT MEANT TO EXIST and now they are were they truly belong so lets leave em there and moove on

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
the idea of bringing roxas back would totally mean the last couple games were pointless, if he can return then so can any nobody, but the thing is THEY WERE NOT MEANT TO EXIST and now they are were they truly belong so lets leave em there and moove on

Pointless? Did you not pay attention? The "last couple" games made quite a point in emphasizing that Xemnas, Naminé and Roxas are special cases out of the norm.
They are different from the ordinary nobodies.
The "not meant to exist"-bit has always to come with its counterpart "yet they still do", as it's the whole point of the entire nobody-issues.

Still, I don't know what this has to do with my answer before, as I clearly said that the form in which Roxas (or some of the others, for that matter) will be involved in the future is still uncertain.
The question in this thread is about Roxas's possible involvement in the future of KH, not if he can come back as his own physical existence.
As seen in Blank Points, he will have some sort of involvement in the future, whether you like it or not.

.Oji

赤いテキスト
I could see him appearing in Dream Drop Distance (I can also see this game being quite the mind screw; like, Inception or Paprika levels of mind screwing). Roxas could exist in some mental state in Sora's mental world.

Tvtrope said:
"A Mental World is any world that exists inside a person's mind (or heart, soul, whatever, but not their physical body). Similar to Dream Land and Cyberspace, a Mental World does not follow the regular laws of physics, and may ignore or respond badly to characters trying to use logic or force. This world is usually entered by some type of telepathy, either magical or technological; if the character whose mind contains the Mental World is sleeping or unconscious their individual dreamworld may be physically attached to a larger Dream Land or collective unconscious, which makes it enterable by other dreaming or meditating people."

Think Paprika, and imagine Roxas in her place:

Relentless_Roxas

i mean ya your going to have some complications, but I think it would be cool if you could have Roxas as some sort of summon or d-link. Because he's still part of Sora. Also i think they should bring back some lost memories of Ven in the future games. Just saying.

Zul

Awards
I made this because i want to hear other opinions on how roxas will act in the future.

i personally dont think he will be an ally, at least not for sure. more neatrual (i can never spell that word).

in every meeting between roxas and sora, save the end of their last encounter in KH2 and semi- soras awakening, whenever roxas thought about sora, he was always curious to borderline insane with why he was in his head, or just wanting to kill him.

when he went to TWTNW to free kingdom hearts and find sora (deep dive), im pretty sure if he had succeeded in finding sora it wouldnt have been "hey dude can u release some memories so my friend can come back?" and more "im going to beat you with these keyblades until shes back".

so when roxas comes back, i dont think he will be very happy with sora, even with him leaving off on a good note with him. your thoughts?

His very last interaction with Sora is "you make a good other" and "look sharp!" in a happy tone.

All of that angst was in days, and ended at the end of KH2. I'm 99% certain he doesn't hates Sora now, neither is he going to come back as a villain.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
His very last interaction with Sora is "you make a good other" and "look sharp!" in a happy tone.

All of that angst was in days, and ended at the end of KH2. I'm 99% certain he doesn't hates Sora now, neither is he going to come back as a villain.

I think "hate" is a tad strong wording...Roxas never really hated Sora as a person, what he despises was/is that Sora can have everything while he is denied everything.
Sora himself is not the problem...the problem for Roxas is that he isn't allowed to exist.
In Days and the first half of KH 2 there was additionally the problems with Roxas feeling confused at first about experiencing memories from Sora and why he was chosen by the keyblade, what made him angry was that he was used by everyone around him (first by Org XIII, later Riku and DiZ) and later on everyone was preferring Sora over him.

So yes, I also can't imagine Roxas returning as a true villain at all. At least not of his own will...if Sora's own darkness (Anti-Sora), Xehanort or maybe even Vanitas play a hand this might be another story, but he certainly won't go against Sora on his own.

digimikej

Awards
I could see him appearing in Dream Drop Distance (I can also see this game being quite the mind screw; like, Inception or Paprika levels of mind screwing). Roxas could exist in some mental state in Sora's mental world.

Think Paprika, and imagine Roxas in her place:

ok, i watched the video. put roxas in her place. and now i think i need to visit a mental facility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back