• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Roxas instead of Sora and Sora instead of Roxas?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nukara

Awards
It was always interesting to me that if Roxas were in place of Sora in Kingdom hearts 1, how would his relations with Kairi and Riku (especially with Riku) develop, could he make friends with Donald and Goofy? We all know that the character of Roxas is much more complicated than that of Sora, he is more quick-tempered and touchy, what would history of Kingdom hearts 1 become if Roxas were her main character?
The same goes for Sora if he were instead of Roxas (Ie Nobody) and entered Organization 13, could he make friends with Axel and Xion? How would he react to the fact that Xion is a copy? Would he leave the organization after that? Also, would he be mad at DiZ if he was stuck in Data Twilight Town?
The idea for discussion came after I saw Mod by KH, where Sora and Roxas were swapped.

sephydark

Awards
Personally, I think that Sora and Roxas were different because of having wildly different formative years, rather than any substantial differences in their base personalities. So if their circumstances were switched without really changing anything else, I think things would have played out largely the same with the new Sora acting a lot like Roxas and the new Roxas acting a lot like Sora.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
We all know that the character of Roxas is much more complicated than that of Sora

Oh dear, the debatable-ness of that statement aside...

I very much agree with sephydark here. Sora and Roxas don't honestly act THAT much differently if you put them into similar situations. Looking at CoM Sora, we see him with much more of that "quick temper" as you put it. He was far angrier with some characters (outright saying he hated Larxene) but was still sweet and caring at the same time. It was just that, because of the situation, he was far more confused, his memories were messed up, and he was a little lost.
Roxas was in a very similar situation as Sora in CoM. Memories messed up, lost and confused, people aren't giving him straight answers about things and it sucks. Straight up says he hates some people because of it. BUT Roxas is also sweet and caring at times as well. You can definitely tell both Sora and Roxas are cut from the same cloth, as it were. Just shoved into different situations. This is why Sora cares a lot about his friends because they are what keep him so cheerful and optimistic all the time, rather than lashing out angrily at all the crap that happens to him. Roxas, unfortunately, mostly didn't get to have that luxury and suffered for it.

D

Deleted member 246005

Roxas would start out as a more reluctant hero, just focusing on finding his friends than the larger picture. He might have chosen the Dream Sword and given up the dream shield where Sora would be the opposite. He and Donald might take longer to trust each other as they wouldn't be able to compromise on who their priorities are.

Since he's more introverted maybe Riku and Kairi are more extroverted to match him? I don't see their arcs being that different from how it turned out.

Sora's too emotional to write off as a Nobody just being calculated so Xemnas would have to change his approach in getting Sora on his side. I don't see Sora putting up as much a fight when going back into Roxas. He'd probably do it more willingly so you'd have to adjust Riku/DiZ/Roxas's arc towards that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back