• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Roxas, is he more Sora or more Ventus

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raybrand

I've been wondering this for a long while, is Roxas half of Sora or is he the projection of the sleeping Ventus inside Sora.

Facts I've found:
supporting that roxas is more sora:
KH2 all the organisation members and diz call Roxas Sora's half and some of them vise versa.
Riku vs Roxas, Riku does that test on Roxas (Riku says 'Come'on Sora I thought you where stronger than that' and Roxas instinctively replied 'Yeah right look whos wining').
xigbar vaguely mentions terra, aqua and ventus to Sora before their battle, meaning that although he knows who ventus is, he still calls roxas roxas without mentioning ventus and calls sora half roxas, not mentioning ventus
Xemnes in kh2 final mix bonus scene, when hes in hollow bastion/radiant garden secret room he talks to aqua's armor, meaning he knows to aqua is and most likely ventus and yet hasn't mentioned ventus to roxas but still mentions sora to roxas (saying he has sora's power instead of saying he has ventus's power)

supporting that roxas is more ventus:
ventus, aqua and terra are well trained, experienced keyblade wielders, xibar mentions that those three are much stronger or better fighters than sora. Roxas was able to gain the ability to wield two keyblades and was able to defeat Riku and other members of organisation xiii, much to sora's and his friends surprise.
ventus briefly became friends with lea, and roxas and axel instinctively became good friends.
All nobodies in human shape seen so far have identical appearances to their original form, aside from namine and Roxas.

This part is speculation but I think that Roxas is the nobody equivalent or terra's lingering will, ventus's ghost as sora's nobody, reason i think this is just from my perception of Roxas's character during kh2 and kh 358/2 days, how roxas pushes the idea that he is his own person (ventus and sora are two different people) and his rebellious attitude to organisation xiii.
But it could just be that sora's nobody represents the traits he inherited from letting ventus in his heart (thus being able to wield a keyblade). i.e. sora's nobody taking on ventus's form is just sora's subconscious projection like thinking of a number that someone whispered to you earlier. Thats how i feel about Vanitas having sora's form.

Despite me coming to my own conclusion I still feel somewhat lost on the subject and would like other people's thoughts.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Roxas is Sora's nobody.
He looks like Ventus because of the influence of said's heart when he was born. That doesn't make him Ventus' nobody though.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm pretty sure he's more Sora than not given he is using Sora's body and keyblade... He's got Sora's childlike innocence for most of the game until shit hits the fans and he gets angry.

Ven was just chillin in the body until Xion's death awakens a spark and gets Roxas a 2nd keyblade.

Raybrand

It makes a lot of sense to say Roxas is Sora's nobody but see'ing him rebel against his fate to join with sora and of how Roxas is is own character (compaired to axel and lea who are from a design point of view the same person) made me think that theres a lot more meaning behind it and made me want to investigate the possibility regarding ventus further.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
It makes a lot of sense to say Roxas is Sora's nobody but see'ing him rebel against his fate to join with sora and of how Roxas is is own character (compaired to axel and lea who are from a design point of view the same person) made me think that theres a lot more meaning behind it and made me want to investigate the possibility regarding ventus further.

Roxas is indeed different from Axel and the other nobodies but that doesn't have much to do with Ventus.
The problem is that Sora got a new body without merging with Roxas, so they co-existed. Usually, a nobody and the person they were before can't co-exist, but because of Kairi's magic mumbo-jumbo in KH1 which turned Shadow-Sora back to Sora, it happened. That makes the two of them two separate entities instead of the same person overall.

What is interesting to notice though is what Xigbar writes about Roxas in the Secret Reports of Days.
Day 117: Him and Roxas said:
Roxas is maturing at an impressive rate. His face, the way he handles the Keyblade, it's all exactly the same. The worlds seem so divided and alone, but there's always that steady thread there to connect them. And we Nobodies can never escape the things we did as humans. So it goes.

This of course heavily implies that Roxas was initiately meant to be way more like Ventus than he is now (because we know he definitely doesn't wield the keyblade the same way as Ventus does). Their faces are identical indeed though, because the two of them, Sora and Vanitas share the same facial structure (what a pain, eh?).

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I'd say Roxas is more himself. He's a tabula rasa who happens to share appearances and certain abilities with other characters.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'd say Roxas is more himself. He's a tabula rasa who happens to share appearances and certain abilities with other characters.

That, too.
While he did "steal" or rather suck up some of Sora's memories, he never really saw them as his own (unlike Xion), so it's hard to really call him "more Sora" either, that's true.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Roxas would have loved to talk to more people but most of his missions involved him avoiding all human contact.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
In terms of talking and character, I'd say Ventus and Sora are most alike, although Roxas also did try to make friends and stuff, but his overall attitude (especially in KH2) was way more aggressive.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
In terms of talking and character, I'd say Ventus and Sora are most alike, although Roxas also did try to make friends and stuff, but his overall attitude (especially in KH2) was way more aggressive.
I can understand that. You drag a kid through enough stuff, especially if they really have no idea what's going on, and they'll eventually start acting with a lot of anger. Seen it happen myself. >__>

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I mean Sora in COM was quite aggressive in tone as well even towards D&G (but that could have been Namine caused since he doesn't show that anger much post this game).

I think generally in Days he was pretty Sora like and trying to be nice to guys like Phil and Demyx and just going with the flow most of time.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I can understand that. You drag a kid through enough stuff, especially if they really have no idea what's going on, and they'll eventually start acting with a lot of anger. Seen it happen myself. >__>

Still didn't happen to Ventus. We can only speculate what MX did do him, yet he only seemed frightened, not mad.
I'm not saying I don't understand Roxas for that (cause I do), I just think he differs more than the other two.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Still didn't happen to Ventus. We can only speculate what MX did do him, yet he only seemed frightened, not mad.
idk, he kinda had trauma-induced amnesia about the first incident during most of the story, and when he found out, he rushed back to the LoD and confronted Eraqus about it. Didn't seem too fearful 'til Eraqus turned his blade on him. And after that, he's done nothing but sleep in Sora's heart. Kinda hard to express strong emotions in that state.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
idk, he kinda had amnesia about the first incident during most of the story, and when he found out, he rushed back to the LoD and confronted Eraqus about it. Didn't seem too fearful 'til Eraqus turned his blade on him. And after that, he's done nothing but sleep in Sora's heart. Kinda hard to express strong emotions in that state.

I meant immediately when it happened.
When Xehanort had him face the heartless and Ventus just stood there like "neyy, I can't do this. Please no." I mean, I bet he's been tortured in one way or the other by MX before that.
Roxas would've been like "get this shit away from me you old ugly geezer or I'll tear you apart!!"

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Also gotta remember that Ventus was only like... what, eleven when that happened? And likely not very powerful, unlike Roxas.

Now, timeskip to like four years later, with Ven at a power level equivalent to Vanitas, and he's vaporizing ice with sheer fury and dishing out the sickest burns in the franchise.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
Well we can look at it like this:
1. Because Ventus' heart was in Roxas when he was born, he's more inclined to Ventus
2. Ventus' heart merely influenced Roxas and he became his own person
3. Both Ventus and Sora's personalities got mixed in and he took on the superior traits from both
But overall, I'd say Roxas is his own person, not more Sora or more Ventus

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
What Roxas has in common with Sora:
  • His body
  • Kingdom Key
  • Battle stance/pose

What Roxas has in common with Ventus:
  • Appearance

In conclusion Roxas is more like Roxas than either Sora and Ventus. If Roxas was real and read this thread he would have cussed you all out.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
That's a good point, Roxas and Ven have all the killer lines and sick burns. Sora is such a dweeb in this category it's embarrassing SMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back