• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Roxas must have a heart.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ven-Dono

Website
naruto-chronicles.net
Quote from Nomura:

"There isn't necessarily one keyblade for the dark side and one for the light side, just as many as there exist people with qualified hearts. Concerning the conditions to wield one, at this stage, "Those with strong hearts" is the only obvious one. However, less obvious conditions still exist and there are still plans for an opportunity to reveal those. Riku's "Way to the Dawn" and Kairi's keyblade are naturally the same type of keyblade as Sora's. However there is no particular explanation for the Soul Eater's transfer and occurence, as well as Riku's handing it to Kairi. When there isn't a normal process of acquisition, I think its ok to think there is some deeper meaning there."

No, just because Roxas is Sora's nobody, I don't think that qualifies him to wield. If you try to point out a certain character with black hair to try to prove this invalid. Don't. A fake heart obviously makes a fake keyblade. Roxas must have a heart. It's obviously been hinted. YouTube - Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix Cutscene 8
Roxas has also been shown numerous times to show genuine emotions. He has cried, loved, etc. He does this unlike the org. because he has no memories to base a personality on. He truly is genuine.

How he got a heart? Only thing I can think of is that Sora's heart was so brilliant, it broke into two hearts upon him stabbing himself. Lame I know, but I'm not that good at this.

Please don't flame me though. I couldn't find any other threads like this.

Edit: Or Ven's heart was somehow put into Sora's too? o_O Just putting it out there.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Idk if i agree with it but its a well thought theory.

OceanLovesRoxas

Website
oceanlovesroxas.deviantart.com
Hm... He might actullay have a heart, but we don't know. Remember, Nomura is Nomura. He can make anything happen in the series. Like he could make Minnie Mouse a main character and Sora's love intrest if he wanted to.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
If he had a heart he wouldn't be a nobody he would be a somebody, so no.

Ven-Dono

Website
naruto-chronicles.net
True, but I think this has been hinted strongly. And it seems like something that would happen in my opinion. And this could also be the thing that was special about Sora and Roxas that could tell us about Ven like Nomura said in that interview about BBS.

And, I kinda need a refresher. What happened to Roxas at the end of KH2? Didn't he go back to Sora or something? I think Sora could have two hearts inside him.. again. Or did he have three (His own, Kairi's, and perhaps Ven's)?

Ven-Dono

Website
naruto-chronicles.net
If he had a heart he wouldn't be a nobody he would be a somebody, so no.

But that's what this theory is about.. I'm wondering if he really is a Nobody. Did you even read my post? I think it constitutes some hard evidence. But no, I guess just because some people in the game called him a nobody, that makes it so. Kind of reminds me of when we all thought Ansem from KH was really a guy named Ansem, and not XH.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Or maybe we're missing a key detail...If Roxas had a heart, why was he born in the RoN? Could he be partially unversed? Could Ven's memories be related?

I believe it was said he had half-a-heart; the other half of Sora's heart.
Hearts can't split...or at least there hasn't been any good evidence of it.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
In the earlier parts of KH2, I'm not sure, either DiZ or Namine said that Roxas was Sora's other half, or something like that.

Ven-Dono

Website
naruto-chronicles.net
Or maybe we're missing a key detail...If Roxas had a heart, why was he born in the RoN? Could he be partially unversed? Could Ven's memories be related?

Hearts can't split...or at least there hasn't been any good evidence of it.

Exactly. I think this is a topic of vast speculation.

I, myself, know next to nothing of the Unversed though.

Nayru's Love

Awards
In the earlier parts of KH2, I'm not sure, either DiZ or Namine said that Roxas was Sora's other half, or something like that.

Sora = Body+Soul+Heart

Roxas=Body+Soul

Sora w/o Roxas=Free-floating heart with sense of self

I, myself, know next to nothing of the Unversed though.
Memories, not being close to reality, and negative emotions; those are the key notes.

Ven-Dono

Website
naruto-chronicles.net

Well, not trying to act like I know everything, but are you sure they were talking about his heart? Seems like they just meant that Roxas was technically with him before the events of KH1, and then afterward they were split. Therefore, two halves.

Ven-Dono

Website
naruto-chronicles.net
Sora = Body+Soul+Heart

Roxas=Body+Soul

Sora w/o Roxas=Free-floating heart with sense of self

Okay. I'm not sure I believe that for most of KH2 Sora was just a heart. I think it went like this:

Sora= Body+Soul+Heart (assuming a heart contains memories like explained in CoM)

Roxas= Memories of Ven, except that the chain of memories were scattered. Sketchy, I know.

And, yeah, I knew Unversed were the memories in BBS. But I know nothing else confirmed. Besides if this negative emotion stuff is true?

Nayru's Love

Awards
Okay. I'm not sure I believe that for most of KH2 Sora was just a heart.
That's because he was complete for most of KH2. :<

You must've meant for the second half of KH1 and CoM.

Sora= Body+Soul+Heart (assuming a heart contains memories like explained in CoM)

Roxas= Memories of Ven, except that the chain of memories were scattered. Sketchy, I know.
But then Roxas wouldn't have been necessary in fixing Sora.

And, yeah, I knew Unversed were the memories in BBS. But I know nothing else confirmed. Besides if this negative emotion stuff is true?
Yeah, I think Nomura said something about anger and hatred (or feelings similar to them) being a key elements of the Unverses.

Key of Valor

The Professor
I believe it's very possible that Roxas has a heart. Roxas is a "special nobody" but in the series, it has pretty much been established that "special nobody" could be used as a term to identify "things that resemble Nobodies in some aspect but are not technically Nobodies".

Roxas has all the qualities of a heart, and it was practically proven that Roxas' appearance of emotions does not have anything to do with Sora's heart. (though "practically proven" is not the same as "proven")

But besides Roxas demonstration of emotion, there is also the fact that he wields genuine Keyblades... and what is a requirement to wield a Keyblade again?

Nomura Interview said:
Nomura: In the KH series there are a lot of complex reasons why someone can use a keyblade, but basically you need a “heart” to be able to wield one.

You NEED a heart to wield a Keyblade.

Not "one of the ways someone can wield a Keyblade is if they had a heart"
Not "A heart is not necessary to wield a Keyblade, but it would be very helpful if you had one"

No! Nomura said you NEED a heart.

Does this conclusively prove that Roxas has his own heart? Not necessarily. But it's certainly something that strongly supports the idea. Not mention some Roxas' last word before he merged with Sora... "My heart belongs to me!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back