• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Roxie's Journal Thoughts~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
I thought it would serve me well to write my thoughts down. So, without any further ado..

Day 1:

It's the first day of my journal of thoughts that hid within deep of my mind and heart. Right now, my mind and my heart is full of questions as it pertains to life in general. It seems that lately all people do in their life is getting up, take a shower, dress, eat breakfast and head to work, but along those things they keep checking their phones for anything important when it is happening to their face and don't notice it.

I am deaf and I rely on phones to keep up to date and computers like mine as well to contact friends, but as I am of the 90's I rather deal people face to face. I see people talking to their friends on the phone and computer lately, but not face to face. I think it's rare to see friends face to face.

I suppose my question to you, reader, is this: When was the last time you had a full talk with a friend face to face for countless hours? Is the latest devices slowly destroying our face to face time with friends?

I hope you enjoyed my first day of thoughts. :)

Kagayaki

Awards
Hi, Roxie. Am I really the first person to reply? XD; Anyway, I get what you're saying. It seems more and more people become apathetic with each decade. I existed a little longer, and I studied the past, too. I get immersed in things, too, but that's because I like to use my imagination. Maybe I should try making one of these.

Roxie1563

Awards
Day 2:

A few nights ago, I had this dream of having babies and they were trying to get my attention but couldn't due to my attention to elsewhere. I woke up and started to wonder about it. It seemed so strange to have that dream yet it meant something more.

It realized on me that everyday I see kids and babies doing that: trying to get some attention from their parents, but can't due to either being on the phone, talking to someone they know, or just plain ignoring them away. This bothers me alot as it never happened to me when I was little.

What has happened to parents being parents and take care of their children happily?

The day those children will copy their parents' actions will be the day that society has fallen even more to the hole already so deep. If you have or is planning to have children, please do try to give attention to your child and enjoy them greatly and teach them the right moral, the world will enjoy that.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'll just help move things along by R&R.

I could address this in multiple ways,

A) There are parents simply trying to support their kids and give them the best education possible. By saying this, those fortunate to have everything they want or grow up somewhat spoiled, will obviously wish more time with their parents instead of inanimate objects. However, it's a choice well meaningfull if not without a small sacrifice.

B) There are parents who think they're ready to have kids. Some who can't will try everything in order to have one, but, when they realize it's not how they picture it being like. Well, sad to say...the child itself gets ignored and goes down hill from there. It isn't to say they don't care about them; some things aren't as glamours as it seems.

C) It's become common nowadays whe a young girl between the age of 14-18 gets pregnant by fooling around. Naturally, they aren't ready to have a child, making the sacrifices of supporting a baby and putting it first above all else. Meaning, they have to give up their life in order to support it. They think they can get away with living their life the way it was before and talk on the phone with friends. No offense to anyone btw. [The age is a somewhat educated guess.]

All I can say is that; people do what they can and they all have flaws. I think society has changed a lot since growing up in the 90's. There is a small glimmer of hope for those who can see the world the way it is and make good choices; by making some mistakes along the way to experience and learn from.

Side Note: Looks like Journaling is becoming more popular around here.

Roxie1563

Awards
That's a good answer, Kit. I'm hoping that people will finally wake up and do what is responsible, but that's a big odd to hope for.

I'll post more later when I'm back from vacation.

Roxie1563

Awards
(Since I didn't update this due to being away, I may as well do it).

Day 3:

I am back from my vacation with the family! I had an blast: the day we arrived to Branson, we went to the hotel to check in then head to eat at International House of Pancakes (I-HOP) for kind of a lunch/supper thing. After that, we head back to the hotel to relax for the night.

Saturday, we went downstairs to eat the free breakfast (I got cinnamon rolls!! :D) then for the rest of the day, we went to the IMAX theater to watch Man of Steel. It was an epic movie that I really enjoyed for once! Once that was done, we headed to the closest Track to play some Laster Tag for a few while.. I was in Fifth place. :( But it was fun, lol. For lunch was Golden Corral with hot rolls with butter, mini corn-dogs, potato wedges, and for dessert: Ice-cream!!! :D It got dark pretty quick, so we headed back to the hotel to kind of let our stomach settle down then swam both indoor and outdoor (It was kind of cool both, but I miss the warm water when I was little.. D:).

Today was kind of short: ate some breakfast, packed up our stuff and checked out. We went to K-Mart to kind of look around for anything we might want to take home. Mom got some clothes; Brother and I didn't get anything since there wasn't much to get, really. Also headed to the Quilt store close to the hotel to look around (back then it was just a huge place, but now it is cut in half to make it better, I suppose, (which is dumb to me anyway..:/) ). We were originally going to see the car museum, but it was destroyed by the tornado, so we decided to go home and here we are!

I really enjoyed this vacation and I think I might do it again next year if it's possible. :) I will try to update this once there is something on my mind.

SRKTAVRXAYGDM

Awards
Sounds like a great vacation! I love Laser Tag, but to bad about the car museum.

It's funny; I've always been against having planned vacations. For me, summer breack meant a BREAK, from activities that would take up most of your day. But I guess it's true, there are it's good points too.

Hope you had a good time! :D

Roxie1563

Awards
Sounds like a great vacation! I love Laser Tag, but to bad about the car museum.

It's funny; I've always been against having planned vacations. For me, summer breack meant a BREAK, from activities that would take up most of your day. But I guess it's true, there are it's good points too.

Hope you had a good time! :D

Oh, thank you! ^_^ I did have a great time!

I'm reading your stuff and I haven't commented on it since it's your personal thoughts, you know..?

SRKTAVRXAYGDM

Awards
Oh, thank you! ^_^ I did have a great time!

I'm reading your stuff and I haven't commented on it since it's your personal thoughts, you know..?

Heck, I don't mind. Honestly, I wish more people would reply, if only to indicate that it's being read. And I don't write anything too personal in there. I am posting it on the internet after all.:wink:

Roxie1563

Awards
Heck, I don't mind. Honestly, I wish more people would reply, if only to indicate that it's being read. And I don't write anything too personal in there. I am posting it on the internet after all.:wink:

Lol, that's true. xD

Hey, have you read any good fan-fiction? If not, let me direct you to Sephiroth0812's story: Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Union. You'll find it pretty easy. :)

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

I think it depends on the vacation and how you imply it to yourself. Not all vacations are involve in being active, just as long as the person finds it relaxing and can enjoy themselves; then that's all that matters.

I suppose marketing has a lot to do with things being reduce down in size in order to make money. Easily noticeable in food when the packages gets smaller and prices go higher.

Moving on: I don't think I've heard of Branson before. Somewhat curious where that's at and what its like.

It sounds like a fun vacation overall, Roxie.

Roxie1563

Awards
I think it depends on the vacation and how you imply it to yourself. Not all vacations are involve in being active, just as long as the person finds it relaxing and can enjoy themselves; then that's all that matters.

I suppose marketing has a lot to do with things being reduce down in size in order to make money. Easily noticeable in food when the packages gets smaller and prices go higher.

Moving on: I don't think I've heard of Branson before. Somewhat curious where that's at and what its like.

It sounds like a fun vacation overall, Roxie.

Branson, MO is known for the music, seeing everywhere you walk or drive, there is always a music theater of some kind. :) I live like 30 minutes away from it.

It was a good one, Kat! :) Maybe you could hop on a plane and enjoy everything Branson has to offer you! xD I just drove.

SRKTAVRXAYGDM

Awards
I don't venture into fanfic that much mostly because of pairings, but thanks for the suggestion! I checked it out and now I'm hooked!O.O

Roxie1563

Awards
I don't venture into fanfic that much mostly because of pairings, but thanks for the suggestion! I checked it out and now I'm hooked!O.O

That's good! :D He actually got me hooked to this story when I first came here and that was last year.. Mind you, he's been at this since 2011 and well, he's good. :) He updates it every two weeks since he works hard where he lives, you know.. So, I think this is overdue for a update, ha.

Roxie1563

Awards
Day 4:

It occurred to me that time itself is going by too fast that we don't notice it until something important comes up and we either remember or say it out loud. It's kind of funny that we always have too much time on our hands, yet we don't use it wisely.

Sometimes I find myself thinking of how the past was like way before technology came in our lives. Like time itself, the past is already gone; only the proof of the past is from the history books, movies, or those who has survived from medical conditions, wars, and among other things.

I would like for people to actually take their time seriously and live life to the fullest to the point it can't be contained. That's my hope, anyway. :)

SRKTAVRXAYGDM

Awards
H-hey, I was gonna write the same thing tomorrow! You..... But it was a good entry and included some things I hadn't thought about, like the time before technology. That got me thinking about it too. Ther's no guarantee you'll be there tomorrow.

Roxie1563

Awards
H-hey, I was gonna write the same thing tomorrow! You..... But it was a good entry and included some things I hadn't thought about, like the time before technology. That got me thinking about it too. Ther's no guarantee you'll be there tomorrow.

Lol, I'm sorry!! I think we share the same thoughts to this one. xD I'm glad you liked my entry. :)

Yeah.. there is really no guarantee since just a few moments ago, my grandpa fell asleep driving home from work and went over the bank. :/ I don't know if he's okay; my grandma is looking for him right now so this just prove that anything can happen fast.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
A deep statement, that I'm struggling to think of a good answer to. lol.

You're right, Roxie. People should take their time on this world more seriously, paying attention to what's in front of them then losing sight of it and out of their grasp. However, time shouldn't define you or you'll stress out the details. In truth, most people try to make it count, but, can only scratch the surface; when they have so much more to focus on. Naturally, time would move in a blink in a eye. Those who have more time on their hands then they know what to do with, will agonize on how to make it count.

Tell me something, what qualifies as living life to the fullest? I'm curious. I can't imagine what it'd be like. C:

Roxie1563

Awards
A deep statement, that I'm struggling to think of a good answer to. lol.

You're right, Roxie. People should take their time on this world more seriously, paying attention to what's in front of them then losing sight of it and out of their grasp. However, time shouldn't define you or you'll stress out the details. In truth, most people try to make it count, but, can only scratch the surface; when they have so much more to focus on. Naturally, time would move in a blink in a eye. Those who have more time on their hands then they know what to do with, will agonize on how to make it count.

Tell me something, what qualifies as living life to the fullest? I'm curious. I can't imagine what it'd be like. C:

That's the plan: to make you all people think. xD Looks like it's working so far!

Now that's going to be tomorrow's journal.. Be ready for it, people!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back