• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► Rugrats (2021) on Paramount+

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

WaltK

Awards
I’ve seen some more random clips and I have a few things to unpack:

-Grampa and Chas’ new voices are horrible. Chas sounds like a creeper and Grampa doesn’t even sound old anymore.
-Grampa is a hippie now, apparently? He has a ponytale, wears tie-dye, and attends peace marches. Okay, why?
-There’s an episode where Angelica messes around with Grampa’s phone and accidentally arranges him a hookup with another man on a dating app. I have questions.
-Susie has been aged down to a 2-year-old, so now she’s "one of the babies" instead of being Angelica’s equal. So, what is her defining character trait now, exactly?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
-Grampa is a hippie now, apparently? He has a ponytale, wears tie-dye, and attends peace marches. Okay, why?
Best guess that's because they changed the generation he belongs to guess boomers are Hippies, despite most not really having that philosophy for a long time.
-Susie has been aged down to a 2-year-old, so now she’s "one of the babies" instead of being Angelica’s equal. So, what is her defining character trait now, exactly?
that's a weird choice, I guess they wanted her to be more part of the main group? I'm not sure how I feel about this. Unless they also aged her siblings down and one of them takes her old role as a counterpart to Angelica, there seems to be a lose here.

PikaPal

Awards
-Grampa and Chas’ new voices are horrible. Chas sounds like a creeper and Grampa doesn’t even sound old anymore.
Yeah, I saw a clip a few days ago and what in God's name did they do to my Chas Finster? It's like they told Tony Hale to do a really cheesy and over the top impression of Michael Bell's voice. He sounds like he came from a abridged fandub, I'm sure he'd be best buds with Tristain from that Yu-Gi-Oh abridged series.

Also it's super weird seeing Grampa being the only character to feel so different in personality as most of the other adults feel the same.

WaltK

Awards
Yeah, I saw a clip a few days ago and what in God's name did they do to my Chas Finster? It's like they told Tony Hale to do a really cheesy and over the top impression of Michael Bell's voice.
When I first heard Tony Hale was playing Chas, I thought it was a perfect choice... because I assumed he’d be using his regular speaking voice!

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Suddenly Kimi!

And she’s apparently Angelica’s age now. And she has nothing to do with Chuckie.
Introducing Chuckie's step-sister as just another random kid is bizzar. I guess they could become step-siblings later on as their parents meet and get to know eachother.

PikaPal

Awards
Kimi's new VA is Charlet Chung btw.

Ben Schwartz and Henry Winkler are also appearing in this new batch of episodes too.

Soldier

Awards
I’m incredibly torn over the new designs of Didi’s parents.

On one hand, I get that Boris’s old design was problematic.

On the other…
View attachment 14833
OH MY GOD WHAT DID THEY DO WITH BORIS AND MINKA?!?!!?

They took some of the best characters and reworked them into THIS!?!?! Russian immigrants who fled the old country to have better lives in America, yet still keep some of their old life alive by celebrating Jewish Holidays are now from Florida and barely even resemble their old selves. I'll admit, I'm not jewish but I'm a sucker for when they incorporate religions into media without shoehorning it in. DID THEY MAKE BORIS HURT HIS SHMGEGE! WHY!!!!!

WaltK

Awards
Russian immigrants who fled the old country to have better lives in America, yet still keep some of their old life alive by celebrating Jewish Holidays are now from Florida and barely even resemble their old selves.
Perhaps its another generational thing?

Having Tommy refer to them as bubbe and zayde in this series is a nice, cultural touch, at least.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
OH MY GOD WHAT DID THEY DO WITH BORIS AND MINKA?!?!!?

They took some of the best characters and reworked them into THIS!?!?! Russian immigrants who fled the old country to have better lives in America, yet still keep some of their old life alive by celebrating Jewish Holidays are now from Florida and barely even resemble their old selves. I'll admit, I'm not jewish but I'm a sucker for when they incorporate religions into media without shoehorning it in. DID THEY MAKE BORIS HURT HIS SHMGEGE! WHY!!!!!
Well if the show is set in the modern day (2020s), I guess there really wasn't an "old country" to escape compared to their original characters in 1990s.

In the original, he was born in 1916, so he witnessed World War II and the Holocaust play out. In the 2021 version, he was born in 1946, a year after World War II ended.

Looking at the ages, it's interesting that he had DiDi when he was in his 40s.

Back