• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(Rumor) Kingdom Hearts Show Reportedly In Development For Disney Plus

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
A new rumor was recently shared with We Got This Covered that a Kingdom Hearts show may be in development for Disney Plus.

"Sources close to WGTC – the same ones who told us the Mouse House is doing a live-action remake of Robin Hood and that a She-Hulk show is coming to Disney Plus, both of which were correct – say that the studio is developing a Kingdom Hearts TV series for their aforementioned streaming service. There are no specifics of exactly what this would be just yet, but the basic idea is that it’d feature Sora, Donald and Goofy journeying through various Disney movie universes."

SOURCE: We Got This Covered

Thoughts on this rumor? I don't know why but I have this weird fear that they'd recast Sora and get some comedian or e-famous teen to do it. I also fear that they wouldn't get Tony Anselmo to voice Donald for some reason. Why am I filled with existential voice actor dread at all times?

D

Deleted member 246005

I'd believe it when i see it- official stance on any rumors.

Honestly recasting KH feels natural than recasting 7 to me. A lot of the characters are pretty young and its an age range thats harder to fake so i could see them recasting SRK to recapture that youthful feeling.

The article guesses it a reboot but I'd be ok with a spinoff with new leads. It feels like the best compromise for the new creative staff this series would probably have.

An adaptation would be the best option for most of the fanbase.

AegisXIII

Awards
Oh yeah, let's remove the gameplay and keep the cringy dialogues and put it on a platform of people who have no idea what this is. Best way to get good reviews.

GreyouTT

Awards

For real though if it followed the manga I'd be fine with it.

If it tries to do its own thing, I somewhat expect full Disney meddling to occur. Which leads me to think "Oh God, what if it turns out like Arendelle?".

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Oh yeah, let's remove the gameplay and keep the cringy dialogues and put it on a platform of people who have no idea what this is. Best way to get good reviews.

For real though if it followed the manga I'd be fine with it.

If it tries to do its own thing, I somewhat expect full Disney meddling to occur. Which leads me to think "Oh God, what if it turns out like Arendelle?".

Idk you guys, this line of reasoning feels reductive and limiting. First of all, assuming this is real, we have no idea if it's a Japanese or American production. If it's American, you can expect vastly different dialogue and tone from the games. If the premise is 'Sora, Donald, and Goofy go to Disney worlds and have adventures' then it's basically just an opportunity to crack jokes in different iconic settings with iconic characters.

I'd rather it try to do its own thing and fail than retread the manga. And on the subject of 'Disney Meddling', there are plenty of Disney animated tv shows that are fine, great even. Disney's tv exploits have all been extremely creator driven, even tv shows based on their movies, like Tangled. This narrative that Disney gets in KH's way is so infrequently true.

Yeah, Arendelle was a bust, but it still had its own inspired touches, like characterizing Marshmallow and letting him come along. Frankly, while the rules were tighter for Frozen than any other property they've ever used, I find it hard to believe that it's all Disney's fault. I'm sure Nomura and crew could have come up with something better for Arendelle than what we got.

I think we have to remember that KH's most clumsy and awkward moments come when there are 0 Disney characters on screen. "You're awful, Aqua!" "'I'm me', he says" "You and Kairi smell the same" "You could say I'm the greatest nobody of them all" "Darkness within darkness awaits you" "That was undeniable proof that we totally owned you lamers" and other brilliant pieces of dialogue all came from the KH-specific stuff.

KH3 ReMinded us that Sora, Donald, and Goofy can have genuinely light and entertaining dialogue and bounce off each other well, especially when the three of them are interacting with new characters and settings. Sora's gung-ho, Donald's cranky and apprehensive, and Goofy's thoughtful and a little slow. It's an easy and classic setup for a cartoon, if that's all it's gonna be, and if it allows us to hear familiar voices and see familiar faces from classic Disney properties, it's a net win for fans of Disney too.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
NGL, there's a part of me that's amused by the prospect of the live action remakes becoming a "cinematic" universe with KH being the Avengers analog where we get Angelina Jolie, Will Smith, Johnny Depp, & God willing Billy Zane in the same scene together.

Whatever form it does take, I'm honestly intrigued by a Disney run production that, much like with Big Hero 6 or the many adaptations of old novels/fairy tales, pretty much just does its own thing.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Sorry, but that source is incredibly weak and not reliable as they often create fake stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back