• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

RUMOR: Screenshots of Monsters Inc. world in Kingdom Hearts 3 potentially leaked?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Echoecho6

Awards
I kind of think it's fake, just my gut saying that. However, I also think while these particular images are fake, that does not mean in any way that we aren't getting a Monsters Inc world. I have a feeling the leaks are fake but Monsters Inc is going to be a world anyway and unversed are also returning. It is just all going to be better than what the images offer. Monsters Inc is kind of obvious so I am sure it will be in regardless.. I really don't get the people that think Toy Story would be the only Pixar world to make it in after having Pixar on board with Square Enix. It seems wasteful for them to just help out with one idea. I wouldn't be surprised if half the worlds were Pixar.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Because it's such an obvious directive and task for Riku and Mickey that something is obviously going to go very wrong, leading Sora to save Aqua as foreshadowed at the end of 0.2's opening

It is 7 lights against 13 darkness's after all, the bad guys are clearly going to use their numbers to play cat and mouse with Riku and the Mouse. Seeing as Riku's immune to the darkness at this point, The Seekers of Darkness would have to find an alternate way of playing with his mind.

Maybe Riku and Mickey have to protect the Princesses of Heart from Xehanort so they'll change their plans for Sora to find Aqua (cause you know, he's the "key" and all that Kingdom Hearts stuff).

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Furthermore, how could they not have implemented his jacket in a more natural way? Have it blend into his fur or something. It sticks out like a sore thumb. It’s only purpose there is to tell us, as the players of the game, which form Sora is in. But it’s insulting for them to have not naturally integrated it. Sora’s forms were naturally designed to match his Halloween/Christmas town clothes. We could still tell which form Sora was in when in Timeless River, thanks to subtle colouring of Sora’s clothes. How they were unable to find a natural way to blend Sora’s outfit in with a monster form has me actually baffled.
It sucks how everything else from the screenshots are so good, but Sora's design is so bad.

On one hand, if it's real, maybe they're trying to be different with the Drive forms in the Monsters Inc world by having Sora's body change instead of his clothes? But I guess that still leaves the question of why not change the jacket too while they're at it.

Zaplen14

With this rumor
It's giving me an idea as to why Sora's monster outfit is funky.
Noruma stated that every world would have its own unique features. Like in Toy Story there is the mecha suits that Sora can control.
What if (saying this is an actual leak) the world of monsters inc. you would be able to create your own playable monster.
This is a stretch, but it's the only explanation I could gather to cover the mash up outfit Sora is wearing.

notnow123487

Awards
With this rumor
Noruma stated that every world would have its own unique features. Like in Toy Story there is the mecha suits that Sora can control.
What if (saying this is an actual leak) the world of monsters inc. you would be able to create your own playable monster.
This is a stretch, but it's the only explanation I could gather to cover the mash up outfit Sora is wearing.

A character creator for one world seems like a lot of work. Unless the creator is quite limited in options. I guess the mech gameplay mechanic is a lot of work too possibly for only one world so we’ll see.

Aramagon

Awards
Oh, forgot all about Days, that's true!
Another thing that might indicate that it's just a common enemy is the fact that regular Flood Unversed accompany it... most bosses are all alone, though it could be another exception.
Still, yeah, I'd be surprised too if this doesn't turn out to be a Boss.
As long as we have a Randall boss fight, everything is permitted! Haha

And thank you very much! :)

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
Oh, forgot all about Days, that's true!
Another thing that might indicate that it's just a common enemy is the fact that regular Flood Unversed accompany it... most bosses are all alone, though it could be another exception.
Still, yeah, I'd be surprised too if this doesn't turn out to be a Boss.
As long as we have a Randall boss fight, everything is permitted! Haha

And thank you very much! :)

Some of the bosses can summon smaller, generic enemies. For example, the Darkside can summon Shadow Heartless. It might be the same idea.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
For Vanitas to return, and on a mission from Xehanort, it makes sense he would be drawn to a world that feeds off the negative energy (read: fear) of children. And the designs of the Unversed look like Monsters which means he might have the perfect cover for going into that world.

God, I love this idea. If this is real, it's actually a really smart move.

I just thought if there was another Pixar film, it would be Inside Out. That seems tailor-made for the Ventus storyline.

Inside Out was released after BH6, which was the last movie added to the game. Any movie released after BH6 is not happening in KH3.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Inside Out was released after BH6, which was the last movie added to the game. Any movie released after BH6 is not happening in KH3.
A 2015 film is unlikely, but I wouldn't say impossible. And also taking into account they've been working directly with the studio involved.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Yeah I would be extremely cautious about any film released after Big Hero 6.

BH6 was the last film chosen for KH3, and it’s lack of appearances is telling. All they could show at D23 2015 was a screenshot, and Disney denied showing it in July this year because it’s not in an acceptable showable stage just yet.

For any film released after Big Hero 6, it would either be in the same stage as it is now or just a bit further along. I know Nomura said he sometimes sees Disney films early but I just struggle to feel comfortable in assuming there’s a more recent property than Big Hero 6 being represented in KH3.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Let's not forget that Disney movies will be represented in other ways than just the worlds, too. A more recent movie might not have a full world, but perhaps a summon or another small glimpse is possible.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Let's not forget that Disney movies will be represented in other way than just the movies, too. A more recent movie might not have a full world, but perhaps a summon or another small glimpse is possible.
That's very true. Though I can't really think of what summons could be extracted from Disney's '15-17 roster, I do expect/hope the dog from Frankenweenie and the Bear from Brave to be summons.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
If this turns out to be legit I just can't deal

Even if it's not legit it's pretty good looking, not gonna lie.

Dudes if they get John Goodman back

Aramagon

Awards
Some of the bosses can summon smaller, generic enemies. For example, the Darkside can summon Shadow Heartless. It might be the same idea.
That's very true! Forgot all about one of KH's most iconic bosses, haha
Still, I now doubt even more that the Snail Unversed's going to be a Boss, because I ALSO forgot all about Toy Story's Mechs. They don't seem like Bosses at all, and I'd even say they're even LARGER than the Unversed in here. So, yeah, I'm more convinced the Snail is just a powerful common enemy.

Still, perhaps I'm just convincing myself for that, just to hold on the hope of a Randall boss.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I only glanced at these before, but the more I look at them, the more I want it to be real. I'm enjoying pretty much everything about the way it looks, even/especially Sora's design: I'd prefer if his vest changed color to compliment his fur, but something about giving him purple hair and a stand-offish, wild design strikes me as purrfect (I'm honestly sick of seeing him in gray black and red and didn't realize it until now). I could definitely get into a Monsters Inc. world and the theories which have been advanced as to why the Unversed might be there are good.

Still, just by looking at the images, my gut feeling is that these are fake. I'm not qualified to say that with a lot of confidence, but the way Sully and Mike look in the second screen cap just rings alarm bells for me.

There are a lot of good arguments to be made for their authenticity too, though, as Chaser laid out. So that's where my heart goes.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
That's very true! Forgot all about one of KH's most iconic bosses, haha
Still, I now doubt even more that the Snail Unversed's going to be a Boss, because I ALSO forgot all about Toy Story's Mechs. They don't seem like Bosses at all, and I'd even say they're even LARGER than the Unversed in here. So, yeah, I'm more convinced the Snail is just a powerful common enemy.

Still, perhaps I'm just convincing myself for that, just to hold on the hope of a Randall boss.

I mean, who really knows with KH3. They're trying new things with the gameplay and enemies that they couldn't do before. The Gigas are so big but you can use them against each other as potential weapons, but (I'm probably safe to assume) that won't be a gameplay mechanic here. The Gigas health and skill-set are also very different from this guy. But there's many large, common enemies in each game, and it really depends on how Square would want to go with the gameplay in a particular level.

If it helps, I don't think it'd be weird to have a short mini-boss or boss rush such as this one, and then have Randall as a boss later. I don't think the two are mutually exclusive.

I only glanced at these before, but the more I look at them, the more I want it to be real. I'm enjoying pretty much everything about the way it looks, even/especially Sora's design: I'd prefer if his vest changed color to compliment his fur, but something about giving him purple hair and a stand-offish, wild design strikes me as purrfect (I'm honestly sick of seeing him in gray black and red and didn't realize it until now).

This pretty much sums up my love/hate for this concept. I think the purple and orange combo is striking and adorably cartoonish; he blends in with the world while it also sets him apart. If it's real, I just hope they made some tweaks that fixes how odd the shirt looks. I just don't like the black and red top when it's mixed with his purple/orange form. I'd do what Pride Lands did and get rid of the outfit entirely, and keep his necklace. He's not 'human" anyway, and Mike and Sully don't really wear clothes, so he shouldn't either.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Speaking of gimmicks, I believe Nomura said something along the lines that each world would have some form of unique gimmick? The Gigas in Galaxy Toys are that worlds gimmick but we don’t know what the gimmicks are in Olympus, San Fransokyo, or The Kingdom of Corona. However we could still find fun in theorising what kind of gimmick could be given in Monstropolus. Will there be a scare factor we could try to maintain which could increase our damage output?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Speaking of gimmicks, I believe Nomura said something along the lines that each world would have some form of unique gimmick? The Gigas in Galaxy Toys are that worlds gimmick but we don’t know what the gimmicks are in Olympus, San Fransokyo, or The Kingdom of Corona. However we could still find fun in theorising what kind of gimmick could be given in Monstropolus. Will there be a scare factor we could try to maintain which could increase our damage output?
I'm fond of the monster creator idea Zaplen14 theorized.

With this rumor

With your theory, a scare factor would obviously fit in Monstropolus, but I'm trying to figure out how it would work in battle aside from being like a reaction command. Then again, not all gimmicks need to be for battle, so maybe the scare factor can be something you need to keep up in order to not to raise suspicion from monsters like Roz and the CDA. But after saying that, I'm not sure if I'm up for stealth. XD

Aramagon

Awards

My theories would be:
- Maximus/random horse riding in Corona, or maybe even "hiring" the Snuggly Duckling's thugs to help? (Nomura said there could be more than five party members, after all),
- Baymax flight in San Fransokyo (can't think of anything else).
- Coliseum Fights in Hercules/River Tide Ride (seeing Jump Festa 2016's trailer - could apply to Corona as well).
- Door Teleportation in Monsters Inc.?

Still, didn't Nomura also say that there would be multiple gimmicks in Toy Story for each Galaxy Toys floor? Maybe we can expect a lot of variety we can't guess right now in every world. So excited!

SomeKHFan

Awards
Still, didn't Nomura also say that there would be multiple gimmicks in Toy Story for each Galaxy Toys floor? Maybe we can expect a lot of variety we can't guess right now in every world. So excited!

I thought he did as well. I was thinking there might be a car racing section in the Toy Shop, as there were toy cars being advertised alongside the Gigas. Maybe that could be on another floor, as the shop is meant to be multiple levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back