• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rumour Has It: KH3D release date July 27th/Summer 2012

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolute

Re: Rumor: KH3D release date July 27th/Summer 2012

Its weird that the tentative release date for the States wasn't announced first.

Dammit…we were supposed to get BBS in the summer too. Still, July's better than September I suppose :/

Technically, we still got BBS in summer. It was just released 3 minutes before summer ended.

TVA1994

Guys as good as this release date is dont get used to it or even liking it very much before theres a good chance it wont happen. They did the same with BBS and considering Nomura just said that they are still having NA cast voice record i sincerely doubt the game will be done by then. I could be wrong but they could be wrong to. I love the series and want it now but im not holding this to heart like i did with BBS. Especailly since im going to college in september I would rather have it in the summer..:frown:

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

if that's true then you Americans should get it july 24th
EU - Friday
Na - Tuesday

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Guys as good as this release date is dont get used to it or even liking it very much before theres a good chance it wont happen. They did the same with BBS and considering Nomura just said that they are still having NA cast voice record i sincerely doubt the game will be done by then. I could be wrong but they could be wrong to. I love the series and want it now but im not holding this to heart like i did with BBS. Especailly since im going to college in september I would rather have it in the summer..:frown:

BBS had other circumstances that kept it from being released. Localization had been done about three months after BBS had been released in Japan. Not to mention all of the extra content they added in.

With DDD, we've known localization (at least to a point) had been worked on (i.e. translations to send to Disney for approval) as confirmed by Nomura in past interviews. To expect this game to come out later, while localization has been slowly happening while the game was being made, seems a bit much.

It is good to think of the worst case senario, but with SE getting better at releasing games across the world not to far apart from each release date, we should expect the same treatment for Kingdom Hearts.

That's how I see it, at least.

Also, Square Enix releases games in North America on Tuesdays -- so if this date holds true, I'd expect it to come out on July 24th here.

Grain of salt. ;p

Thanks Sham. Now you have me excited for an amazing summer vacation with a very perfect birthday gift xD

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

My birthday is the 29th actually but I tend to celebrate it the week before since my best friends b-day is the 21st. xD

It's close enough where KH3D is still a beautiful gift~

Awards

Oh god. :|
Too long a wait. I'm gonna cave and watch every video I can find, I know it.

Absolute

BBS had other circumstances that kept it from being released. Localization had been done about three months after BBS had been released in Japan. Not to mention all of the extra content they added in.

With DDD, we've known localization (at least to a point) had been worked on (i.e. translations to send to Disney for approval) as confirmed by Nomura in past interviews. To expect this game to come out later, while localization has been slowly happening while the game was being made, seems a bit much.

It is good to think of the worst case senario, but with SE getting better at releasing games across the world not to far apart from each release date, we should expect the same treatment for Kingdom Hearts.

That's how I see it, at least.
See, this is what bothers me though. We were told that localization has been worked on alongside the Japanese version. They said that they are already doing NA VAs. Japan has a solid release date. Other recent Square games have been released with a smaller gap in-between versions. Japan's release is a month away.

And yet, with all that, even at this point, Square hasn't even announced a release period for the States, not even a 'It will come out Summer 2012, maybe!' Its all been silent on that front. You would think all signs would point to a release happening very soon with what they have been doing so far, but there's been nothing. This gives me the feeling that they don't have one at all yet and it won't be for 6+ months.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

And maybe they want to hold off on an official date until they get closer to the release date, just possibly? We didn't find out KH3D's Japanese release date until January 19th. That was just a bit under three months of March 29th.

Right now it is five months away from July. If this date is accurate, it is still rather early to say when it is coming out.

TVA1994

And yet, with all that, even at this point, Square hasn't even announced a release period for the States, not even a 'It will come out Summer 2012, maybe!' Its all been silent on that front. You would think all signs would point to a release happening very soon with what they have been doing so far, but there's been nothing. This gives me the feeling that they don't have one at all yet and it won't be for 6+ months.

Thats what I mean considering the voice recording is still going on, the trailer wont be released till the voices have been edited and stuff, the rest of localization might have not started yet although considering its 10th anniversary i certinlly hope not. but also yea they give a release date most of the time at least 5 months before and considering its 5 months before and nothing yet i doubt this will be relased in the summer. At least july summer. im going for a bbs month release/ winter.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ

Well this news sounds wonderful and IF and only IF people's speculation on the release date of the U.S. release date is July 24 is accurate, then that'd be awesome, then again, if it did come out in the summer, I should hope I scored a summer part-time job and save enough money for both a 3DS and the game itself. I wouldn't mind waiting for it to come out as I need to save money but if I can save enough before it ever comes out, then hopefully my chances or good, or so I should hope. And if that doesn't work out, at least I know my new goal for the summer is. Unless I get lucky and win some sweepstakes to win a 3DS but that's unlikely to happen since they are "slim" chances. Oh well. Either way, I get to spoil myself early. Woot.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

That is a little later than I thought it would be. I was expecting late June/Early July at the most but still I can live with this release date (If it is legit), it is alot better than the extremely long gap between BBS JAP and NA release dates.

KevVentus

People are gettin' awfully excited over a rumor. At least it points to the real date being announced in addressing this

Absolute

And maybe they want to hold off on an official date until they get closer to the release date, just possibly? We didn't find out KH3D's Japanese release date until January 19th. That was just a bit under three months of March 29th.

Right now it is five months away from July. If this date is accurate, it is still rather early to say when it is coming out.

True.

However, we've known since the second half of last year that the game was, at the time, tentatively slated for a Spring 2012 release in japan. I'm not concerned that we haven't been given a date release date yet, but rather that they haven't said anything on a release period.

So far their recent games have had a great improvement in release date gaps: FFXIII-2 was about a month, FFIV CC was a month, Dissidia 012 was like a WEEK. I just hope that 3D doesn't fall back on the old release date habits.

Worse case is that they copy BBS's release and we don't see this game until December 2012.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

My birthday is the 29th actually but I tend to celebrate it the week before since my best friends b-day is the 21st. xD

It's close enough where KH3D is still a beautiful gift~

My little brother's birthday is the 17th; can I still celebrate that a week later with this? :p

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

People are gettin' awfully excited over a rumor. At least it points to the real date being announced in addressing this

It's a rumor that is being backed with "Square Enix France gave us this timeframe" so it is a bit hard to dispel until SE outright denies or confirms it.

Also, KHDestiny, the source I saw "Summer 2012" at first, isn't known to lie. They are also promoted by SE France so this would be a rather damaging thing for their relationship if they were lying or SE France wasn't be honest.

Of course, everybody should take this all with a grain of salt as we should most things.

UltimaJackpot

3-4 months sounds in line with pretty much every other KH release in the last few years (bar Birth by Sleep for obvious reasons) so I'm somewhat inclined to believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back