• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Rumour: Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind Trailer Coming Next Month, New Difficulties Teased

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Thinking about it, we could probably make just about any ship canon in new photo mode. My ships will be canon in photo mode :’)
At long last I can make my Kairi-Namine-Xion secret ship come true! If the game refuses to put those three together then I'll have to put on my Infinity Gauntlet and do it myself! Thank you ReMind for creating a monster!

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Disagree man, I don't think they want a DLC taking up FF7 Remake's time at Jump Festa. The Game Awards is prime time to drop a trailer and release date.

Re:Mind isn’t going to take away from FF7R any more than it did at TGS or E3 if they both get trailers at Jump Festa. There’s no history of KH stuff at TGA awards while JF almost always has KH news. So I think the chances are a lot higher for Jump Festa.

Remember that with the Final Battle trailer, they just dropped it online the week of JF. Not actually at a stage event, livestream, or anything. That’s probably exactly how it’ll happen again considering how the rest of Re:Mind’s marketing has lined up with the lead up to KH3 itself.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
At long last I can make my Kairi-Namine-Xion secret ship come true! If the game refuses to put those three together then I'll have to put on my Infinity Gauntlet and do it myself! Thank you ReMind for creating a monster!
Ah, the classic neapolitan ship.

EDIT: Which would also describe Xion-Roxas-Axel come to think of it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Thinking about it, we could probably make just about any ship canon in new photo mode. My ships will be canon in photo mode :’)

mickeyriku is canon king

But really, I’m here to make all of the dramatic Sora and Riku moments. Thank you Nomura and Yasue and the Osaka staff ❤️🙌🏼

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Xion/Axel scene from Days revamped in KH3 graphics!? YES PLEASE!

And I love their solution to complaints about difficulty. If it's too easy, you can make it as hard as you want!

ivaannom

Awards
2 new things thanks to @finekh_ephemera who has posted a report/summary of what happened.

1- Irino said that a lot of Battle voices has been recorded and that he wants us to hear it. He doesn't say if it's him as Sora, or other characters though, or maybe both.
2- It seems that in the video they showed of the Black Code when they won, they got something like a trophy(?)

And Nomura said like 2 times that the new functions will not be shown this month.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Ah, the classic neapolitan ship.

EDIT: Which would also describe Xion-Roxas-Axel come to think of it.
My headcanon is Kairi is secretly a big narcissist and when she meets Namine and Xion, the seashells, ice cream, and sketches will fly! Remember, before you can love anyone it is important to first love yourself. Just ask Roxas about that. ReMind will make my darkest desire come true!

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
If I can't have the Norts posed like this, I don't want photo mode:

tumblr_pvowm5aGWP1xlxeido1_400.png

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
2 new things thanks to @finekh_ephemera who has posted a report/summary of what happened.

1- Irino said that a lot of Battle voices has been recorded and that he wants us to hear it. He doesn't say if it's him as Sora, or other characters though, or maybe both.
2- It seems that in the video they showed of the Black Code when they won, they got something like a trophy(?)

And Nomura said like 2 times that the new functions will not be shown this month.

Well, November is over so he was right about that lol

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
And I love their solution to complaints about difficulty. If it's too easy, you can make it as hard as you want!
The thing is, if they had a strong core gameplay from the beginning, they wouldn't need to still be resorting to so many gimmicks.
Critical mode was already released months ago and they're still tweaking the gameplay.

If anything this is showing how flawed the gameplay from the base game is.

drew0512

Awards
The thing is, if they had a strong core gameplay from the beginning, they wouldn't need to still be resorting to so many gimmicks.
Critical mode was already released months ago and they're still tweaking the gameplay.

What? They are just giving more options. Players have been doing runs with restrictions for ages and this mode is just reflecting that. This has literally zero connections to a gameplay being good or bad.

cakito123

Awards

They are giving us the control over their programmed toys in the game because they realized... they simply could! And first of all, that's great! I think it shows a great vision in their game design choices. They are basically giving us the ability to play even more from the main game through different ways of playing, giving us the option to choose our own challenge. This adds Replay Value just by how much percent? 400%? How is this just a gimmick'? I mean, I won't say that this Black Mode doesn't exist to solve some of the difficulty-ballancing problems the game has, but if thats the case it still adds a lot of Replay value and good content.

If all this content (specially the Black Mode thing) is really true I'm actually surprised by this, it is too good to be true. I never though that KH would be a franchise that gives the player too many options in regard to the core challenge, but If this is all true I think this really proves me wrong.

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Square announced their lineup for Jump Festa, no KH spotted.

Well that's a bummer, but I think we've been surprised before. Plus if they just upload the trailer around then it wouldn't necessarily be listed.
Still this does give more weight to the theory of the game awards featuring the trailer, though I personally still don't believe it.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
None of this is interesting to me sadly. I guess i just don't care anymore.
I'm being redundant, but same. Mostly the DLC talk just reminds me of how exciting it used to be to consider KH3's potential, and imagine the possibilities for it. There was so much energy around it. Nowadays the conversation resembles that old adage about lipstick on a pig.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm being redundant, but same. Mostly the DLC talk just reminds me of how exciting it used to be to consider KH3's potential, and imagine the possibilities for it. There was so much energy around it. Nowadays the conversation resembles that old adage about lipstick on a pig.
I appreciate your point, but in terms of potential, it's best have a grounded discussion in terms of having reasonable expectations, and not the firecircus that was the game's launch.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I appreciate your point, but in terms of potential, it's best have a grounded discussion in terms of having reasonable expectations, and not the firecircus that was the game's launch.
I agree to the extent that hype culture tends to propagate a kind of collective hysteria that frames modern (online) media discourse in extremes. At the same time, this particular refrain that people were unreasonable in their expectations prior to this game's launch has always, at its core, only been reflective of how fundamentally uninspired KH3 is as a main title. The main lines of criticism targeting it have nothing to do with some alleged (yet never evidenced) overextension in the popular hivemind surrounding its anticipated reconfiguration of the gaming universe: on the contrary, even its most technically basic shortcomings tend to go largely ignored within the fandom, because what many fans were actually expecting, and what we didn't get, was simply a well-told story. The DLC announcements act as a reminder of what Nomura prioritized as director over the expressed interests of longtime fans, which included such unreasonable demands so far out of alignment with the series' trajectory as, you know, treating his female characters with a modicum of dignity and seeing the key threads running through this narrative get their due by shoring up the central elements that have been with it since its inception (but oops it looks like FF is no longer unique and catchy enough as a marketing device, so cross that off the plotting board).

With that in mind, I'd contend that what caused the lead-up to KH3's launch to become such a circus had more to do with a growing sense of disillusionment among a portion of the fandom married with a couple of "bad actors" who basically served to sew discord within a social grouping that was increasingly at odds with its collective self; many fans were concerned about the indications that were coming from official marketing material, as well as some of Nomura's own (frankly disingenuous) public statements, while other fans expended a lot of energy disputing or discrediting any attempt to scrutinize the available information about the game, which left a huge lane open for certain social media trolls to take ownership of the narrative surrounding what the game would ultimately look like. One which SE (bizarrely) never attempted to reclaim, so that it wasn't an issue of misaligned expectations, but of unreliable information being conveyed from all sides to an invested core block of fans whose confusion and frustration then permeated out to the fringes-- really a kind of proof positive case study of the issues that are endemic to hype culture and spoiler panic, and how those social factors now inform corporate media marketing as an industry unto itself.

That's all to say that there's (obviously) nothing wrong with being excited for these DLC additions (folks don't need my permission or that of any other fan to feel that way). The ones rumored here are basically just mechanical QoL improvements directed at people who already enjoy the game and could use an incentive to replay it. They just don't feel like much in the way of an answer to the mess that has plagued the whole KH3 "era" within the franchise; and yes, that's likely an expectation that is genuinely unrealistic, given that KH3 has been more or less uniquely afflicted by the trifecta of poor conceit, poor presentation, and poor execution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back