• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(RUMOUR) Kingdom Hearts III to release Holidays 2017

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
There is a supposed leak from an "insider" about the Nintendo Switch. It mentions a ton of info which may or may not be true.

Specifically for Square Enix support

Square Enix is providing HUGE support to Nintendo Switch. At launch, they are going to bring to retail Dissidia Versus: Final Fantasy, a port of the arcade game to the Nintendo Switch. They will also work with Nintendo to release a series of high quality Final Fantasy Amiibo figures throughout 2017 that will work with Dissida Versus and future Square Enix games as part of their Final Fantasy Anniversary Celebration. Dragon Quest XI: Sugisarishi Toki o Motomete will come out in Japan in the Summer and will be brought over to the USA in 2018. Holiday 2017 is the big release as they plan releasing Kingdom Hearts III to all platforms including the Nintendo Switch which will also have a special bundle. Square Enix also plans on bringing Laura Croft GO, Gunslinger Stratos SWITCH, Puzzle & Dragons Battle Tournament, A Realm Reborn and Dungeon Of Zaar to the Nintendo eShop on Switch in 2017. In 2018, Square Enix plans to release Bravely Trinity, the third game in the Bravely Series and will be the first (provided there is no collection at some point) in HD exclusive to the Nintendo Switch.

I'd say it worth paying attention to this. The FF anniversary event is just around the corner, if the Dissidia Versus title is correct, it's fair to assume at least some of the rest are as well.
Personally, I still think 2017 is unlikely for KH3

Source

Muke

whatever
Awards
Idk might be true might be false. Don't really care but I guess it's great for people who wanna buy a Switch if it does happeb.
Wayne

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I wouldn't believe this.

Also "Dissidia Versus" comes off as an attempt to get a reaction from bitter Versus fans.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Well that was good for a laugh. My favorite part was:
-Nintendo plans on partnering with 2K Sports to created a new kid-friendly wrestling game based on the WWE Slam! series using Amiibo of popular wrestlers.
Makes the Yoshi/Rabbids RPG rumor sound perfectly sane by comparison.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Hmm nah, I don't really see it.
I also don't see them release Dissidia on the Switch since it's not even out on tge PS4 yet. I don't entirely doubt KH3 releasing Holiday 2017, but I really don't think it'll release on the Switch.

Hirokey123

Awards
Bravely Trinity? I feel like that almost confirms it's fake because it's almost certain that the third Bravely game will be Bravely Sword. The sword of the brave was introduced in Bravely Second, is the third key, and is the sequel bait for the third Bravely game. Bravely Sword even sounds very much like "third" with the slightly weird way they were all pronouncing it in the game. But still I'd love it to be true I've been dying for the third and finally Bravely Game to finish off the saga. Where Bravely Default ended with a cliffhanger Bravely Second really didn't, BUT we only saw the "Yew" side of the ending while implying there was a whole lot of something that went on with Magnolia that somehow occurred during.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Sounds like some grade-A bullshitting.

I'd totally buy Final Fantasy Amiibos if they were real, though.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
If this is coming from the Google Doc "leak", then it's false. Laura Kate Dale, the most reliable Nintendo Switch leaker, pretty much confirmed the entire doc to be false.

But whether or not it's false, it's possible the Switch could handle KINGDOM HEARTS III, but we'll see.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
What makes me skeptical is how A Realm Reborn would even function on the Switch when Undocked. Wouldn't it need to stay connected to your home internet, or does the Switch allow for you to get data plans on it like on phones and tablets withcellular companies? Maybe it's super easy and possible and I'm mistaken, but this seem to be the biggest "probs not" to me.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Lol Dissidia Arcade was made in part with Sony's aid so lol it isn't going multiplatform anytime soon. Versus is also a dumb bait-y name.

A series of high quality FF Amiibos would be nice but utterly pointless.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
What makes me skeptical is how A Realm Reborn would even function on the Switch when Undocked. Wouldn't it need to stay connected to your home internet, or does the Switch allow for you to get data plans on it like on phones and tablets withcellular companies? Maybe it's super easy and possible and I'm mistaken, but this seem to be the biggest "probs not" to me.

There are rumors of the Switch having 4G, but I think the focus would go on Nintendo 1st mobile games, such as Pokemon Go, Super Mario Run, Miitomo, and the upcoming Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem app games. Not on video game online.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
No I mean the official release date for kh3 e3 would be an ideal place to announce the release date of kh3

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
The killer of this rumour is Gunslinger Stratos Switch. Gunslinger Stratos is a Taito/Square Enix franchise exclusive to arcades. There's been no indication of a console release whatsoever.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Regardless if the rumor true or not I still think kh 3 will come out at the end of the year in 2017

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
There are rumors of the Switch having 4G,

Disproved by FCC filing. Thing's got 5ghz wi-fi & Blu-tooth but no 4G or LTE type stuff.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can kinda see one possible reason for Dissidia on Switch: Local multiplayer would be problematic on PS4. PS4 can't actually support 6 controllers at once (4 is the hardwired limit) & 6-way splitscreen is probably neither technically feasible nor all that desireable to players. Sure there's always online play but fighting games live & die by local (certainly can't have an Esports scene without it) & a fighting game that completely lacks it is is dead on arrival. LAN is possible but I can't find any info on whether more than 2 systems can be connected via LAN cables.

On the other hand the Switch as shown in the reveal trailer is perfectly capable of at least 8 units connected via wireless LAN. This makes it a platform where the game's central mode of play is possible locally. Plus the franchise did start as a handheld series, so porting to a new handheld doesn't sound all that implausible.

Does that make it more probable than PS4 at this point? No, not really. The betting odds would be that Dissidia gets console exclusive 1-on-1 modes & settles for 2-player splitscreen on PS4. But there's at least an argument to be made for going multiplatform.

TheKeybasHKey

Awards
It´s fake, it´s hard to believe it´s real, especially with the Amiibo part and the names of few of the games.

gibbs615

I swear the game STILL better be coming in December 2017 as they said before!!!

Awards
^When did Square say that we would have the game by December 2017?

Regardless of if/when they said it...I stand by my prediction in another thread. I still say we will have KH3 by the end of 2017. Perhaps not on the Switch, but.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back