• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Saints Row IV

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
[video=youtube;yaBMty_YbSI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaBMty_YbSI[/video]

Saints Row IV is going to be released on August 23rd this year.

Doesn't seem there is any info on it yet though besides it's release date. But, hey, at least we know it's coming. Hopefully more info comes soon.

(previous thread for this series was long dead and really small so didn't see a need in reviving it)

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Re: Saints Row IV - 8/23/13

The comments section of the video is funny. People really don't get that Saints is a completely different cartoon-y GTA. Not just a half-assed copy and paste.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards

i really love saints row iii but this one...idk, something seems off about it. i'll keep an eye on this game, but i'm not particularly excited for it. which is weird.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

I think in the editing of their trailer they tried to come off as though they were taking the piss out of that particular editing technique, but it just came across as shit. That and I think why the hell not go with superpowers, just let Saints Row go all the way with their zaniness.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

Saints Row 2 was enjoyable, but I wasn't a fan of 3. Looks like it will be more of what 3 had. Oh well

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

There was DLC in Saints III where you had superpowers. I guess they thought they would just include them into the story. I'm for it. Should make the game more fun.

i really love saints row iii but this one...idk, something seems off about it. i'll keep an eye on this game, but i'm not particularly excited for it. which is weird.

Probably because it isn't being made by THQ anymore.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards

yeah, i know, but it feels like they're at least staying true to the atmosphere from sr3. there's just something that feels off about it. maybe they're trying a little too hard.

D

Deleted member 36435

I'll definitely check it out, Saints Row 3 co-op is the most fun I had in a long time. I hope this allows for more than just two people, though.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

I think the majority of SR4 was made by THQ, just the new company is finishing it. I mean, THQ has been gone for only a little while. I doubt the new company (who I cannot remember, all I know is they made Dead Island) would of been able to make the game this fast.

Speaking of which, Dead Island was terrible on PC. Hopefully SR4 on PC isn't just some half-assed port.

I'll definitely check it out, Saints Row 3 co-op is the most fun I had in a long time. I hope this allows for more than just two people, though.

If it's just 2 player, I'll be really disappointed. Me and two friends had all played this game a lot together, but we couldn't all play at the same time. To be able to have all of us in there would be a blast.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

Dead Island wasn't a bad game, but it was very forgettable.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

Dead Island wasn't a bad game, but it was very forgettable.

I said the PC port was terrible, not the game itself. It has so many glitches and the motion blur is way too extreme and there is no way to turn it down (except for editing the games files). Also the navigation in menus is terrible with mouse for various reasons, and Dead Island has you going in menus a lot.

But yeah, all I hope is that SR4 stays faithful to being a good PC port. SR3 had some issues with PCs, but it was easy to look past them because the game was way fucking fun, especially multiplayer. Even if it's more of the same in SR4, as long as they don't remove anything I doubt it'll be bad. And from what quiteMAD is saying, it's the same people making the game, so it'll probably be a nice game.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
EDIT: sorry i didn't see this thread. should have searched it first.

anyway, it looks like it's gonna be crazy, i only imagine what the multiplayer is going to be like.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

"do you want to be the president to solve world hunger, or cure cancer?"

i'm buying this shit

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

[video=youtube;O6bbj3WtebY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6bbj3WtebY[/video]
pre-order from gamestop from commander-in-chief dlc pack. separate collector's edition here.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

16 days and mad excited for this game. got my pre-order almost paid off. they revealed the radio station's tracklists and they dry as f. a couple goodies but you can best bet i'm using the custom soundtrack option the 360 is blessed with.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards

This Australia rating stuff is just complete bullshit. I'm just going to import this game. Provided it and the 360 aren't region locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back