• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"Satan's boys"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
There is no empirical evidence for the existence of other planes. Or alternate dimensions/realities as we think of them.

Pirates

I fear that that is impossible.
Religious 'evidence' can be so relative.

Bingo.

1. There's no reason to bring the "Does God exist" debate into this thread.
If that is what I did, you did it first. I was just asking you to do it when you implied you could.

2. I can't prove anything to you.
Why does it only work if I 'believe'?

3. And I doubt you are truly after any proof for that matter.
I am. pm me or something if you want.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I fear that that is impossible.
Religious 'evidence' can be so relative.
If there was anything that proved God exists, it would not be something relative. True proof is not relative.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
if you think about it heaven and hell are alternate dimension
It depends on how you classify both 'alternate' and 'dimensions' since pretty much everyone uses both phrases in this context extremely vaguely.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
If that is what I did, you did it first. I was just asking you to do it when you implied you could.

I never brought up the debate and I never made any implications in that regard.

I am. pm me or something if you want.

Rather, since you are the one inquiring, you can PM me what you want to know first if you would like.

Last edited:

very differentiable
Awards
Alternate dimensions is something used by the scientifically inept to describe realities not known to us. What should actually be referred to is alternate universes. Dimensions are simply an axi in a coordinate system indicating a position. This position could be in space, time or even more abstract concepts.

Evidence (as only mathematics contains proofs) can't be relative. Evidence is just that, it supports something regardless of personal views. If evidence can be considered relative, it is opinion and therefore not evidence.

Pirates

I never brought up the debate and I never made any implications in that regard.
You said :
Forever Atlas said:
Lack of proof maybe in your eyes.

If you were not going anywhere with that, it was pointless.
You dont say "I know something you dont know" and then try to avoid explaining.
If you had no intention of backing it up, dont bother.

Rather, since you are the one inquiring, you can PM me what you want to know first if you would like.

It's a date.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
You said :

My statement in other words was this: He may believe there is no proof (thus "in your eyes"), however there are billions of people around the world that believe they have proof for what they believe and are convinced of it.

Am I saying I agree with all of them? No.

I wasn't saying that I could prove anything to anyone at all. The thought never crossed my mind when making that statement.

It's a date.

Giggity.

Pirates

My statement in other words was this: He may believe there is no proof (thus "in your eyes"), however there are billions of people around the world that believe they have proof for what they believe and are convinced of it.

Am I saying I agree with all of them? No.

I wasn't saying that I could prove anything to anyone at all. The thought never crossed my mind when making that statement.
Well, there are millions of people who believe little green men came to earth.

Does it mean anything? Nope.

Y U NO CALL ME BACk?

Onasi

"You can't prove if A god exists. There is no way to tell if one is really there. Worst of all there is no way to distinguish anyone's gods or ghosts from imaginary beings that people just made up. It doesn't mean a god(s) doesn't exist, but it does mean that science can't say anything about them because even if a god(s) exist they still don't appear to be. And apparently don't want to be because all holy books demand that you accept their existence on faith alone. As there is nothing anyone can verify, and thus actually know to be correct about gods, then science isn't able to make any comment on them at all because science can only investigate things with demonstrative evidence that can be tested or measured." - Aron Ra

Pirates

And rather than believing 'something' that cant be proven. To get to heaven, you have to believe in a particular fairy tale.
Believe in unicorns and you burn forever.
There are literally thousands of religions. Take your pick. Chances are you will be wrong in the one you choose.

Onasi

Most Religions today are a collection of myths and legends from ancient people turning the gods of those myths into Demons.

Ex.
The Flood Story in the Bible is similar to that of the flood story in the Epic of Gilgamesh
The Horned Devil with a pitchfork is simply the lustful Pan with Poseidon's Trident
Lucifer was the Light Bearer in Roman Mythology
Many aspects of Christian hell are taken from Greek mythology
the Savior that is born of divinity is like Horus from Egyptian mythology
And many demons in modern day religions were from the Pantheons of older mythologies.

Even if there is a god, its one in a trillion that he's the one you been worshiping.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
The Flood Story in the Bible is similar to that of the flood story in the Epic of Gilgamesh

Of course, the similarities don't prove a direct connection.

The Horned Devil with a pitchfork is simply the lustful Pan with Poseidon's Trident

Horned Devil and Pitchfork? Not in the Bible, not in Christianity.

Lucifer was the Light Bearer in Roman Mythology

"Light Bearing" in Latin translates as Lucifer...
I've never heared of something called the Light Bearer in Roman Mythology though.

Onasi

Of course, the similarities don't prove a direct connection.

Horned Devil and Pitchfork? Not in the Bible, not in Christianity.

"Light Bearing" in Latin translates as Lucifer...
I've never heared of something called the Light Bearer in Roman Mythology though.

The Jewish faith was influenced by the religions that came before it. Every religion has. The jews lived in an area where they would have been influenced by Babylonian and Egyptian religions that had variations of the Flood myth from Gilgamesh

Yes in Christianity. In an attempt to convert Pagans in Europe the Early Christians demonized Pagan Gods and Pagan Symbols. They are reflected in Christian art.

There are many minor deities that were worshiped by the Romans alongside Apollo and Venus. There are still cults that worship him in a similar way the Romans did actually.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
There are many minor deities that were worshiped by the Romans alongside Apollo and Venus. There are still cults that worship him in a similar way the Romans did actually.
Apollo is Ancient Greek, but still, that's another thing about religions and similarities/inspirations: The Greek and Roman pantheons were virtually interchangeable, but both were still worshipped as separate from each other.

Onasi

Apollo is Ancient Greek, but still, that's another thing about religions and similarities/inspirations: The Greek and Roman pantheons were virtually interchangeable, but both were still worshipped as separate from each other.

Apollo was in the Roman Pantheon as well (Interesting how he kept that name, very curious). And yes some deities were but many were worshiped together under their Roman name.

Pirates

They didnt keep the name.
Zeus was the Greek god of weather and the Romans took his personality (save for a few rapes and other bad things) and pasted him over their god of weather, Apollo, god of the weather Numina.
They took a whole bunch from Greek religion because they were coming into an understanding of flawed and emotional deities.

Onasi

They didnt keep the name.
Zeus was the Greek god of weather and the Romans took his personality (save for a few rapes and other bad things) and pasted him over their god of weather, Apollo, god of the weather Numina.
They took a whole bunch from Greek religion because they were coming into an understanding of flawed and emotional deities.

Apollo was a deity in the Roman pantheon and was worshiped. Numina was a separate deity.

Pirates

Apollo was a deity in the Roman pantheon and was worshiped. Numina was a separate deity.

Apollo was the the Greek Zeus effectively.

He controlled the Numina.
They were the spirits of the world and he controlled those that were weather spirits.

We dont really need to get into this but I thought I should clarify it.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
I find it amusing how a topic asking something like this

I saw another member's signature, LLL's I think. Anyways it got me thinking. In the Bible does it say that when we supposedly go to hell, we are punished by Satan. If so why? Because if we did wrong wouldn't we be 'one of his boys.'

just about always turns into

Prove that God does or does not exist
God does not exist. You are stupid for believing in God.

In just about every religious thread lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back