• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHUX ► Scala Ad Caelum in Finale

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ginalea00

Awards
From what I’ve read, most fans seems to agree on these 2 things:
1. Brain and Sigurd’s scene in Black Scala Ad Caelum takes place between Union X and Dark Road, before Xehanort’s birth.
2. The woman with Baby Xehanort is not Skuld because of the different eye color.
I however disagree with both of these things. Mostly based on storyline potential and production decisions.

So my first belief is Brain and Sigurd’s scene takes place after KH3 and Black Scala is actually Modern Scala
Firstly, Sora’s visit to White Scala was a projection of Xehanort’s past so we have not seen Scala Ad Caelum since Xehanort and Eraqus were teenagers. It is confirmed that Scala does still exist because Yen Sid sent Mickey there at the end of Melody of Memory. My guess is Xehanort or Eraqus turn White Scala into Black Scala at the end of Dark Road, just like Aqua turned The Land of Departure into Castle Oblivion. Maybe that is where Eraqus learnt that trick. Another possibility is White Scala being moved to the Realm of Unreality and that turned it into Black Scala (worlds can move to the realm of darkness and realm of sleep, so why not to the realm of unreality). That would also explain Baby Xehanort being moved as he is being moved between realms.
Production wise, they put effort into making a Black Scala, so it doesn’t make sense to just have it in the past where we will never explore it. I am assuming when Mickey visits in the next game, it will be Black Scala and it will be the Traverse Town/Twilight Town/Radiant Garden world in the next games. There is a special reason Scala changed colors and design, and it “being on a different island” seems unlikely - why waste time redesigning Scala?
From a storyline perspective, it also makes more sense for Brain and Sigurd’s group to be a part of KH4 rather than in a timeline long ago. Where else would they show Brain and Sigurd’s story? It seems like a wasted opportunity to just show their story in flashback cutscenes. I believe Mickey will meet Brain and Sigurd’s group in the next game. Who else would Mickey encounter in Scala? Or who would Sora meet there since I assume it will be a world in KH4? The Foretellers will probably set up their base there but it makes more sense to use old characters than invent new ones. KH3 had no new original characters from memory except the ones in the secret endings. So Brain, Sigurd, robed figure and Skuld look-a-like will likely be used in KH4, rather than inventing new characters (Scala needs some residents in KH4). Sigurd’s group will likely serve the same purpose as Leon’s group In KH1 and KH2 or Ienzo’s group in KH3. Laurium is probably from this world too so they’ll be able to reunite Brain, Skuld, Laurium and Ven. With Ephemer’s appearance in KH3’s battle, I wouldn’t be surprised if Ephemer returned somehow too. Characters don’t die in Kingdom Hearts (even Riku Replica who I thought was the one true death) - there’s a very good chance the Union Leaders will reunite in some capacity.

So my other belief is Xehanort’s baby scene also takes place after KH3 and that woman is related to Skuld somehow
When The Player’s heart merges with Baby Xehanort, why did that take years and years to happen? Something significant must have happened when Xehanort was born. It was never explained why Ephemer and the spirits of the keyblade wielders appeared in the final battle in KH3 - I believe The Player’s heart was released at this moment too and joined Baby Xehanort who was born at this time in Black Scala. The robed figure took Baby Xehanort (after KH3) and took him ”back in time” as well as across worlds. It’s weird enough to be taking a baby to another world, so why not back in time too? haha They are taking Baby Xehanort for a reason, and here they would know exactly what Xehanort is! My guess is that robed figure is Luxu and when robed figure “dies”, that is Luxu switching to another body and discarding it.
There’s also a reason why that woman’s face is shown but everyone else is covered. They didn’t need to have that woman there at all - they could have just had the robed figure holding Baby Xehanort. And they could have given her red hair or black hair, but they made her look almost identical to a character in that game (the only character who wasn’t shown in the future). The designers did not design that woman to look like Skuld for no reason. My personal belief is that she is actually Skuld. She was originally Subject X and then sent to Black Scala where she has been living for the last 10 years (she could pass as 10 years older). Skuld is part of Sigurd’s secret group or maybe knows The Player’s heart has merged into this baby’s. There is probably some silly explanation for the change in eye color - maybe Apprentice Xehanort did some experiments on her when she was Subject X and her eyes turned grey because he tried turning her into a version of him or something ridiculous like that. The woman could also be like a Xion/Kairi or a Vanitas/Sora situation where she is a nobody/replica/manifestation of darkness or something ridiculous. She could also be a descendant of Skuld but Kingdom Hearts doesn’t seem to do family stuff so crazy replica or eye color change is more believable than descendant.
But I believe that woman has to be have something to do with Skuld. Otherwise the designers are really dumb for using most of Skuld’s features haha

Most of these theories may seem unlikely, but ultimately I’m basing them on storyline potential and production decisions. This will allow the Union Leaders to reunite in KH4. They’ve reunited every other group, so why not them? Plus as I keep saying, they will want to use these characters and Black Scala in KH4.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
I like how you're thinking outside the box, but if they actually make it such that Xehanort was born in the future and brought into the past, I might just hit my breaking point lol

Not sure I see it though. What you're describing would not accord with any of the (admittedly numerous) methods of time travel established in the series. There are also other strong hints that the Victorian-esque Scala we see in Union X is set pre-Dark Road, e.g., the on-the-nose implication that Brain is Eraqus' grandfather. Xehanort and Eraqus' Scala is also... pretty much abandoned. While it's not inconceivable that they all bone like bunnies and repopulate a civilization in ~70 years, it's far more likely that the civilization hit its peak and underwent some sort of decline pre-Dark Road.

Ginalea00

Awards
I like how you're thinking outside the box, but if they actually make it such that Xehanort was born in the future and brought into the past, I might just hit my breaking point lol

Not sure I see it though. What you're describing would not accord with any of the (admittedly numerous) methods of time travel established in the series. There are also other strong hints that the Victorian-esque Scala we see in Union X is set pre-Dark Road, e.g., the on-the-nose implication that Brain is Eraqus' grandfather. Xehanort and Eraqus' Scala is also... pretty much abandoned. While it's not inconceivable that they all bone like bunnies and repopulate a civilization in ~70 years, it's far more likely that the civilization hit its peak and underwent some sort of decline pre-Dark Road.
While you could very likely be correct, my theories are more based on storyline potential rather than universe logic. I believe anything is possible in the KH universe - I actually predicted that Lea would become a keyblade wielder and an ally of Sora based on Lea touching Ven’s wooden keyblade. I was laughed at and told that was ridiculous...but lol it happened. But I based that theory on the creators wanting to make Lea’s character relevant rather than logic.

Many disagree but I think the creators will have the 5 Union Leaders, including Streletzia, return in KH4. All the other heroes have returned and nobody ever dies (Xehanort and Eraqus finally died at the end of KH3...I think). Most assume that Ephemer (and possibly Brain) died of old age long ago...This is Kingdom Hearts where nobody dies so I disagree. The ONLY character that will never return is The Player and it’s only because they do not have a true name or true appearance. Having Brain and Sigurd (and the Skuld look-a-like) in modern day is the best way of having Brain and Skuld in KH4.

Back