• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Scan of KH 1.5 HD ReMix surfaces!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
True, if you look at it that way, then the later games are the contradictory ones but still, that doesn't mean they can't edit small details just so that the story as a whole is more consistent.

Not only that but the newer games have made the story the way it is now. Kingdom Hearts wasn't meant to be a series in the first place so yeah.

I knew KH wasn't meant to be a series, and which led to the many problems it has today depending on who you are.

Still though if you're making a game or movie that is to be a sequel or even a prequel you always keep the original in mind no matter the series. So if there is contradictory stuff in the first game of a series once a sequel is made it's only because they didn't stay true to it, and that's on them(developers).

Still though when you edit some things it can take away from the first game or even later games experiences that's a risk you run when remaking a movie or game.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
I knew KH wasn't meant to be a series, and which led to the many problems it has today depending on who you are.

Still though if you're making a game or movie that is to be a sequel or even a prequel you always keep the original in mind no matter the series. So if there is contradictory stuff in the first game of a series once a sequel is made it's only because they didn't stay true to it, and that's on them(developers).

Still though when you edit some things it can take away from the first game or even later games experiences that's a risk you run when remaking a movie or game.

I don't think the edits I mentioned would ruin the nostalgia of the game. Just sayin' :D

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
I know, but still always mention that cause not many people will be like you some will want to do a lot more than just that.

Yeah, I can understand that! Wouldn't want them to change the story of the first game at all. Just tweak some stuff to make the series a more consistent experience.

I mean, who won't be like 'uuuuhm, you know about the Keyblade already!' when Donald mentions 'someone with a key'? I only want those things to be edited slightly.

Another thing they could edit, although I don't really think it's necessary, is Mickey's outfit at the end (making it like his outfit from Re:CoM).

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Nomura still kinda envisioned KH as an ongoing series from the start. He just didn't know if it could be so or not, since he didn't know how well it would sell. This is why he put the Secret Ending just in case.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
but adding in scenes
Not even scenes like Xemnas walking through TWTNW and then the Brown Cloak Guy appears, showing that Ansem SoD was time travelling during the series, as well as other new scenes to help with what was recently established?

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
You know what I hope? That they fix the scene where Donald and Goofy don't know about 'the key' and stuff like that, since we already know they knew about the Keyblade. I just hope they fix the problems KH1 had purely because of consistency. Some stuff in KH1 was kinda contradictory to the stuff that happened in later games.

As bad as I think it is changing scenes, if they do so in minute ways, only hardcore fans such as the people on this forum will notice it. If they don't change it and release KH2.5 (which includes Donald's scene in KH2 along with BbS which shows he was there before on the same disc) casual fans will point on the inconsistency really easily.

I think editing too much stuff is detrimental, but if you only choose to edit the scenes that really create the inconsistency, it shouldn't be that noticeable and should help the overall story.

Not even scenes like Xemnas walking through TWTNW and then the Brown Cloak Guy appears, showing that Ansem SoD was time travelling during the series, as well as other new scenes to help with what was recently established?

I think they should save for 2.5 IF they include the DDD in cutscene form, that way it keeps the surprises that it had in DDD for those who are playing through the game for the first time. If they don't plan on putting DDD in any form in any HD remaster, then I think it would be fine to put it now, since if not now, people who are too lazy to go watch DDD will never know.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
You know what I hope? That they fix the scene where Donald and Goofy don't know about 'the key' and stuff like that, since we already know they knew about the Keyblade. I just hope they fix the problems KH1 had purely because of consistency. Some stuff in KH1 was kinda contradictory to the stuff that happened in later games.

Same goes for Donald in KH2 (if they ever decide on making a KH2.5) where he's surprised that Yen Sid lives in the Mysterious Tower, even though he's been there several times in the past..

Anyway, I might be hoping for things that won't happen, but still, one can only hope, right?

Sora: I'm the Keyblade Master!

Riku: really? cuz I kinda remember meeting another one..............now where was it?

Some things could be edited, like replacing the aforementioned "the" with "a" for whenever they say "Keyblade Master". Cant be too hard to bring back the actors for that, nor to find a prebusescent 13-14yo soundalike for HJO(it's just various iterations of a syllable, as opposed to redubbing entire scenes or new dubs, so it's much easier to cover up).

Also, i've thought that maybe we should see Ansem get approached by "Young Mysterious Figure" saying it's time for something. Adds mystery to what was already the unknown and Deep Dive. Are they the same person? No, there's two in this scene, but what about the other scene? Some sort of Organization? gradually building until 3D.

No one would re-render Toy Story with the new models for example right? Or add extra scenes for consistency's sake (although there are no plotholes there).

No but there is a continuity error in one moment where the toys are panicking about the kids coming upstairs and in one Bird's eye view shot, the radio is replaced by Hamm.

Last edited:

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well if you think about it, to English gamers there will definitely already be extra scenes, because the HD remake of KH1 will have the stuff from the Japanese FM. People don't get upset about the extra scenes in the FMs and Re: editions, isn't that exactly the same...?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Personally I would be happy if they fixed the continuity problems. Especially the ones that exist within the dialog and translation, eg. Pete being band by her majesty, not his majesty.
Sadly I dont think they will do it. Still will be fun though.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Personally I would be happy if they fixed the continuity problems. Especially the ones that exist within the dialog and translation, eg. Pete being band by her majesty, not his majesty.
Sadly I dont think they will do it. Still will be fun though.

I think that part can stay considering it was Donald and Goofy who said that he was banned by "his" majesty and they weren't there when it happened, so if they made a mistake since they were at Mysterious Tower it would'n't be all that bad in my opinion :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back