• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Scan of KH 3D on Famitsu weekly (translations in OP)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seadrin

Awards
I think SquareEnix/Disney can and will (If they haven't already) deal with all of these issues and more. They're professionals who know how to please the fans and keep the haters at bay. They'll be fine. And the worlds are looking great, too. :)

whatpower

Anyone else want an instrumental version of this as the Pinocchio world's main theme?

[video=youtube;36ftstYnvF0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36ftstYnvF0[/video]

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
Anyone else want an instrumental version of this as the Pinocchio world's main theme?

[video=youtube;36ftstYnvF0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36ftstYnvF0[/video]
I honestly wouldn't mind that! Someone create an instrumental overworld theme using this song for Prankster's Paradise now!

blueheart

Bronze Member
You know the theme for Pranksters Paradise will be an instrumental version of "An Actor's Life for Me".
And I'm all for it.

KHHacker6595

does anybody think Stromboli might not show up in the game, personally it would be nice to see him but they really don't need his character's inclusion. Honest John and Gideon already have sprites created for them, so a plot most likely was designed where they were the villain's. People hint at the image where Pinocchio is in the cage which looks to be ripped right from the movie where he's captured by Stromboli but there's another image showing him in the cage, but outside speaking to the Blue Fairy. I'm worried Square's going to be lazy with character inclusion. Personally I think we need more NPC's, the 3DS is like a mini Wii, the Wii which is more powerful than the PS2 and PSP should be able to allow for the space to add more NPC's. So a 3DS which basically has the same power should be able to do the same.

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
You know the theme for Pranksters Paradise will be an instrumental version of "An Actor's Life for Me".
And I'm all for it.
Another Pinocchio masterpiece! Man, Jump Festa needs to come sooner because I need to hear the overworld themes for The City of Bells and Prankster's Paradise! You have no idea how much I've been listening to Disney songs while waiting for this game in the past few months!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm sure any religious issues that may appear have been anticipated and dealt with by SE and Disney during the planning and scripting stages.
Which is what I believe Nomura discussed when he visited America.

Personally I think we need more NPC's, the 3DS is like a mini Wii, the Wii which is more powerful than the PS2 and PSP should be able to allow for the space to add more NPC's. So a 3DS which basically has the same power should be able to do the same.
exsqueeze me?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The Wii and have games with good graphics, however I wouldn't go so far to say it's better than the PS2. The PS2 is able to process higher quality games with better graphics without those load times you'd expect on high graphic games.

The Wii is the weakest console out of the PS2, PS3 and Xbox 360. And that's saying something because I loathe the 360.

KHHacker6595

have you played Super Mario Galaxy, do you literally think the PS2 has better graphics. Its a known fact the Wii has a more powerful processing power than the PS2, there's just not enough games that use it. I own a PS2, PS3, PSP, 360, Wii, and a 3DS and I can clearly see after playing many games on all of these systems that the Wii is a stronger system than the PS2 in terms of Graphics. The 3DS pretty much has the same graphics as the Wii. Super Mario 3D Land looks like Super Mario Galaxy but on a smaller screen.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
I'm pretty sure the gamecube was able to churn out better graphics than the gamecube and since the wii is basically 2 gamecubes duck taped togehter yeah.

But the 3DS isn't graphically more powerfully unfortunately even with the processing power it needs for 3D

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
The Gamecube... is more powerful than itself? wut.

Wii's graphic resolution falls short of the 360 and PS3 by far, anyway. From what I recall, a Wii's maximum is 480p, whereas the PS2 can get up to 720p, and the PS3 can make it to 1080p with ease.

Odysseus

Somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight.
The GameCube is more powerful than the PS2, yes, though I would never have thought that if I was told back when they were originally competing. And the Wii is definitely able to produce better graphics than the PS2, I don't even know why that's in question.

Last edited:

Mr Yippie

Better place your bets ahead of time on whether Cite's theme is going to be Topsy Turvy or Bells of Notre Dame.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
The Wii and have games with good graphics, however I wouldn't go so far to say it's better than the PS2. The PS2 is able to process higher quality games with better graphics without those load times you'd expect on high graphic games.

The Wii is the weakest console out of the PS2, PS3 and Xbox 360. And that's saying something because I loathe the 360.

I'm not much of a fan of Nintendo's console design policies, but you're wrong.

PS2 was actually the weakest console of its generation in a lot of ways. It just had a whole bunch of really talented developers who pushed it to its limits, which meant it had really good-looking games. Gamecube was unquestionably more powerful than it, though, which was demonstrated by stuff like Resident Evil 4.

The Wii is a Gamecube overclocked by half in both CPU and GPU, which puts it above anything from last gen, Xbox included. It's still far closer to last-gen than current-gen, of course, but that extra clock-speed gives it an advantage in a lot of areas, including the amount of polygons they can use on screen. (Note that the PS2 had an absurdly high theoretical poly ceiling, but never actually reached it at any point in its life) If Squenix ever bothered to make a full-budget FF game on it, they'd probably be able to make XII with X's character models or something.

...the problem is, of course, that 3DS is not a portable Wii. It's barely a portable Gamecube, particularly in terms of displayed polygons, and what it does have is halved due to the need to render each frame twice for the 3D. KH3D is far closer to BbS than KH2 in terms of stuff-on-screen because of that, and even KH2 didn't have many NPCs.

Then again, Type-0 does this, even on PSP:
6ffrsk08.jpg

Which really does make me wonder what's stopping the KH team from doing the same. =/ (On the other hand, I'm quickly becoming convinced Type-0 was made using crystal magic)

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
I'm not much of a fan of Nintendo's console design policies, but you're wrong.

PS2 was actually the weakest console of its generation in a lot of ways. It just had a whole bunch of really talented developers who pushed it to its limits, which meant it had really good-looking games. Gamecube was unquestionably more powerful than it, though, which was demonstrated by stuff like Resident Evil 4.

The Wii is a Gamecube overclocked by half in both CPU and GPU, which puts it above anything from last gen, Xbox included. It's still far closer to last-gen than current-gen, of course, but that extra clock-speed gives it an advantage in a lot of areas, including the amount of polygons they can use on screen. (Note that the PS2 had an absurdly high theoretical poly ceiling, but never actually reached it at any point in its life) If Squenix ever bothered to make a full-budget FF game on it, they'd probably be able to make XII with X's character models or something.

...the problem is, of course, that 3DS is not a portable Wii. It's barely a portable Gamecube, particularly in terms of displayed polygons, and what it does have is halved due to the need to render each frame twice for the 3D. KH3D is far closer to BbS than KH2 in terms of stuff-on-screen because of that, and even KH2 didn't have many NPCs.

Then again, Type-0 does this, even on PSP:
6ffrsk08.jpg

Which really does make me wonder what's stopping the KH team from doing the same. =/ (On the other hand, I'm quickly becoming convinced Type-0 was made using crystal magic)

I have only two excuses for them not doing that.

1. They lazy or they don't/can't put more NPC's in Disney worlds.

2. Theoretically all people have become heartless etc. and you restore everyone at teh end of the game.

In whichever case i don't mind. NPC interaction never bothered me. For me it's all about the story, the gameplay, the whole Disney X FF. =)

I love those clearer images. I hope they announce a release date at Jump Festa.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
last night i just had what you may call a strange dream. i don't remember all the details but i did know this:

i was reading a famitsu and V-jump magazine and i saw some new worlds

Sword in the Stone
Oliver and Company
Princess and the Frog

that's all i could remember.

edit: you think it's a sign of things to come?

Last edited:

micbeasty

^ funny I posted a couple days ago I had a dream featuring Sword in the stone and princess and the frog together in the next issue. Maybe this is a hopefully coincidence! But I don't want an Oliver and Co. World...I'd rather have a Great Mouse Detective world :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back