• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Scan of Manga

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
King Sora_Strife said:
Okay here's the list:

*The drawings suck. They look nothing like the KH characters( look at Marluxia in KH2 and in CoM then look at his drawing in this manga. They must've heard people say that Marluxia looks like a girl so they gave into the demands of a few. How unprofessional. And did I mention bug boy, I mean, Sora).

*The characterizations of the characters is poorly done( especially Sora, Donald, Goofy, and Aladdin's characterizations. I fear what they're going to do to Axel and the rest of the Order).

*Making dramatic or normal scenes into some unbearbly stupid scene like when Sora first meets Leon. That normal scene from the game was turned into some poorly excuted and may I add WAY over the top scene. The Riku reunion was also weak. This manga could've took the exact scenes from game and added new scenes to further develop the characters. That's good writing. To take a source material and expand on it. Instead they took scenes, altered them into stupid scenes, and totally took out any forms of character development. In the game, I actually cared about what happens to Sora, Donald, and Goofy. I actually was eager to see what would happen next and advance on to another world. I was looking forward to when Sora and Riku would be friends again. In this manga and the way they portrayed things, I did not care for the characters. They all acted so rediculous it wasn't even funny nor enjoyable. The storyline of KH isn't a joke, it's actually supposed to be a serious storyline with a few hints of humor. This portrayal makes the whole storyline look like some sort of joke and it's definitely meant to be a pure 'F-you' to Nomura. All the scenes from each world is so dorky that I was actually frightened to continue reading. I actually had to stop for a day because it was so terribly done.

*Editing out good scenes from the game. Not also do they alter scenes but they take out some very good scenes from the game. I don't know what they're goal was in making this, but it was certanly to make KH look good.

*No action. If I remember, Kh had loads of action in it. There's no signs of action in this manga and when there is, it so rediculously bad. There no AC style or comic book looking fights( like in KH2), instead there's just boring altered into some joke scene after another.

I have more reasons but those are my main reasons why I hate this manga. If you're one those people who thought KH was a joke of a franchise this is the sterotyping rag for you. But those who appreciate art and Nomura's TRUE original vision will not pick this trash up. I'm truly ashamed of whomever came up with this manga. If this is any sign of what people will do to KH without Nomura's help, then this franchise will be doomed. And now I can honestly say that I do not want anyone to make a KH T.V. series or movie.

U do know that these Mangas r first put into "GanGan Comics" before put together into an actual entire Graphic Novel, right? GanGan Comics is just like Shonen Jump magazine, only it has Manga series that of which are about Square Enix, and is produced by Square Enix. So if it is SOOOOOO bad, then why did S-E approve of it? If if was that horrible, then Nomura truly would have disapproved of it, and would have declared the series to never hit Japan. In other words, ur just another damn smart-ass critic...

black acid

Heros need Villains
King Sora_Strife said:
Okay here's the list:

*The drawings suck. They look nothing like the KH characters( look at Marluxia in KH2 and in CoM then look at his drawing in this manga. They must've heard people say that Marluxia looks like a girl so they gave into the demands of a few. How unprofessional. And did I mention bug boy, I mean, Sora).

*The characterizations of the characters is poorly done( especially Sora, Donald, Goofy, and Aladdin's characterizations. I fear what they're going to do to Axel and the rest of the Order).

*Making dramatic or normal scenes into some unbearbly stupid scene like when Sora first meets Leon. That normal scene from the game was turned into some poorly excuted and may I add WAY over the top scene. The Riku reunion was also weak. This manga could've took the exact scenes from game and added new scenes to further develop the characters. That's good writing. To take a source material and expand on it. Instead they took scenes, altered them into stupid scenes, and totally took out any forms of character development. In the game, I actually cared about what happens to Sora, Donald, and Goofy. I actually was eager to see what would happen next and advance on to another world. I was looking forward to when Sora and Riku would be friends again. In this manga and the way they portrayed things, I did not care for the characters. They all acted so rediculous it wasn't even funny nor enjoyable. The storyline of KH isn't a joke, it's actually supposed to be a serious storyline with a few hints of humor. This portrayal makes the whole storyline look like some sort of joke and it's definitely meant to be a pure 'F-you' to Nomura. All the scenes from each world is so dorky that I was actually frightened to continue reading. I actually had to stop for a day because it was so terribly done.

*Editing out good scenes from the game. Not also do they alter scenes but they take out some very good scenes from the game. I don't know what they're goal was in making this, but it was certanly to make KH look good.

*No action. If I remember, Kh had loads of action in it. There's no signs of action in this manga and when there is, it so rediculously bad. There no AC style or comic book looking fights( like in KH2), instead there's just boring altered into some joke scene after another.

I have more reasons but those are my main reasons why I hate this manga. If you're one those people who thought KH was a joke of a franchise this is the sterotyping rag for you. But those who appreciate art and Nomura's TRUE original vision will not pick this trash up. I'm truly ashamed of whomever came up with this manga. If this is any sign of what people will do to KH without Nomura's help, then this franchise will be doomed. And now I can honestly say that I do not want anyone to make a KH T.V. series or movie.

wow...I thought the chain of memoies manga would be cool but hell do ypu see the crapyness in this!!!

I mean sora REALLY does look like he's on crack. some one get me 5 tons of CCC were losing his pluse!!! XD

but all jokes aside if there's a KH2 manga coming out god forbide it turns out anything like this crap:cool:

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
King Sora_Strife said:
Okay here's the list:

the arts better then you can draw

Zearth

Ashy to Classy
I'm an artist, and I love the art and this manga. Oh, and axel looks just fine. This is all his opinion. I guess he got his hopes too high. Also, do they cuss in the English manga? Because in the japanese one Donald curses alot lol

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
Shady-DVS-Hoody-Child said:
I'm an artist, and I love the art and this manga. Oh, and axel looks just fine. This is all his opinion. I guess he got his hopes too high. Also, do they cuss in the English manga? Because in the japanese one Donald curses alot lol

Nah, they edit it out. Disney runs the English version and SE does the Japanese per say (Disney's Soccer Moms destroy it over here) and personally I love the manga of KH. It's awsome.

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
If it was more faithful to the game, I'd like it better. And as for the drawings, I would've prefered Sora looking like he does in the cover art for CoM and Marluxia looking like a man since he is a MAN!

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
Well Marluxia has always been a "women" per say. I mean look at him in the CG opening. He's a metro. It takes some liberties but it has to in order to keep it all flowing. Granted it tweaks some things around (for the main point of making a flowing story in a short amount of time) considering there are no playable battles between the cut scenes, so it has to move itself along.

If it was a 100% replica of KH1/COM I wouldn't really enjoy it. I like the rather comical style. It keeps it ammusing and entertaining and it isn't wacky funny. I could see most of it happening in Kingdom Hearts.

I still believe Marluxia is suffering the Kuja effect anyway.

Graficcha

I think Marluxia looks fine. I'm not gonna argue about the fact that they made him look like a woman. That's just the way he was designed.
But I have to say that Sora still looks like bloody newbie...he's not a little kid anymore...
If they're going for the comical effect, I think it's fine, but the artist could've kept in mind that Sora's still 'a hero'. I hope that in a KH2 manga he'll look older.
About Axel I can only give my own opinion, and I think he sometimes looks too old and sometimes too young...he also lost quite a bit of his thick spikes, the really thick ones I mean, and they stick UP a bit too much (I think it's important for his whole design...but it's still very well drawn)

But I can't get over the fact that his personality has changed in that art-style. He's not as cunning and stylish anymore I think...
...it's good that the artist tried to keep the thin waist I think...it's a very recognizable shape, and when I draw an order member, it always works better with the thinner waistline and the broad hem of the cloaks....odd...
EDIT:
His eyes are SO not his...they quirk up at the edges and they make me feel all 'That's NOT Axel'. They're too much like these bad guy-eyes from some of those really early Pinocchio- cartoon-Animes...*shudders*

I'm a real Axel fan, so I kinda want him to be perfect, but when you're not really into him, I guess he's drawn OK.

Last edited:

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
^Of course, they didn't make Axel look right. They didn't even make Marluxia( um, look at the opening for KH2 and then look at these drawings. Poorly done) and Sora look right either. Not to mention they screwed up all their personalities as well. So as I said, this manga is obviously making fun of KH and is not taking or trying to make it serious. The KH2 manga is going to be really bad.

keybladeboi

A.K.A. Skylvia
i think if it were identical to the game, i wouldnt be ****ed reading it, as ive already played the game.

but then again theres no need to flame someone cause they didnt like it. and someone doesnt have to draw as good as S-E artists, he's not supposed to, hes just saying that he thinks they couldve done a better job.

these forums are getting so warm blooded lately... i think its cause were getting close to the long awaited khII

K

Kairi_MAX

I want the second chapter of the com. its not that bad...well, maybe the cover and the first two pages are awful but common thats a real kh fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back