• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Scenes Related to Kingdom Hearts X[chi] to Be Included in Re:coded Cinematic

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
From Zephyr;
A new cutscene has been added and it has relevant content relating to a browser game called KINGDOM HEARTS chi. This secret movie would be a hint to KINGDOM HEARTS III. In the spirit of the service, the story expansion is expected to be integrated into the future of the series and it is another element that is to be concerned with!
If all it does is confirm the Foretellers being the Lost masters, I'll be good.

limit

I'm excited but trying to not be since we don't know what exactly X[chi]'s inclusion in Re:Coded is, and there's what Kazr pointed out.For all we know these "contents" are new clothes for your character and nothing more.

I kinda want it to be a teaser for Re:X[chi], but...I also don't want that. It's a weird fear I have that a Re:X[chi] will mean KHIII's story will completely hinge on it, and you'll have to play Re:X[chi] in order to understand what the hell's going on.
It probably won't happen, but it's hard for me not to think that.

I don't think so... hasn't it been confirmed that they're not going to have a new game that significantly adds to the story? I imagine that the scene would be about the Foreteller's Script, looking at Zephyr's quote above.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I haven't really kept up on much info from Chi but this is interesting news nonetheless. Hopefully this means they plan on releasing Chi worldwide so that we can all fully understand where these scenes are coming from.

FurryFilmaker

I hope these new scenes will officially fill me, and everyone else, in on the events in KHX. Yes, let's meet the fore-tellers!

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
The whole point of the collections was to get everything together, now they are adding an online videogame exclusive to Japan in the mix?
Well... yes.
Now this is interesting! I've wanted to get into Chi despite what anyone else says about it (apparently it gets tiresome?), so I guess I have some form of incentive now.
It gets tiresome when there's nothing to do. After you've caught up with the story and there's no event going on, it's pretty much just a game of "grind stuff out while you wait for the next event/story update."

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
It gets tiresome when there's nothing to do. After you've caught up with the story and there's no event going on, it's pretty much just a game of "grind stuff out while you wait for the next event/story update."

This is true (there's been events going on pretty much constantly since new years, so they're aware of that problem, but some are less entertaining than others), but...

*conspiratorial whispers* Because the story missions only cost 1AP an action since a few months ago, you don't actually have to grind at all. With a little tenacity you could probably beat the whole game without ever adjusting your deck. If they have more events that actually require effort, like the Anniversary event, that's a different story (Dungeons are coming, and I'm not sure if they'll bottleneck the story), but as it stands you could just log in with new story updates and go away for a month or two without much bother.

It's just that that wouldn't be much fun.

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Am I the only one who doesn't find this exciting at all? Must we go there again? The whole point of the collections was to get everything together, now they are adding an online videogame exclusive to Japan in the mix??

I agree. But it bothers me more because they originally said it would have no relevance to the series at all (and because I'll never be able to play it). Another case of saying one thing, then going back on it later.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I agree. But it bothers me more because they originally said it would have no relevance to the series at all (and because I'll never be able to play it). Another case of saying one thing, then going back on it later.

This can be a little disheartening, but I mean-
―Can you please tell us a little more about the series-first KH game for PC browser?

Nomura: This is not a title with an emphasis on story, but we are working premises in. That said, for the first time in the series you can enjoy the content completely separately from the main series, so even beginners to the series might be able to be at ease playing it.

I feel like after two years, and considering how popular the game has gotten, it was bound to happen. But there's like barely a premise, we knew there were factions of Keyblade wielders, and all this does is confirm that there were specific ones. For all we know, we may find out more about the characters and plot points of X in 2.5 than we do in X.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

I personally feel that it's too early to come up with that conclusion, but that's just me. For all we know, the scenes that are said to be related to Chi might only be touching on some certain story elements that we already know are canon, like the Foretellers. I don't believe that they would include scenes about the gameplay itself, either.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but while the gameplay itself is non-canon, the only thing ever said about Chi is that it is based on the events surrounding the Keyblade War. I believe it was never outright stated that the game has no relevance to the series at large at all, only that it isn't one that puts emphasis on story. As I said, though, I might be wrong.

Edit: Not only was I ninja'd, but Tinny also provided the exact quote that I was referring to.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Now that I think about it, they never actually said "Chi will not be important to the overall story."

Edit: goddamnit solo

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
That was a ninja chain, and it was beautiful.

THOUGH FOR ARGUMENT'S SAKE HERE IS THE FULL QUOTE FROM THE FIRST INTERVIEW THAT TALKED ABOUT THE GAME AAAAA CAPSLOCK:

―Can you please tell us a little more about the series-first KH game for PC browser?

Nomura: This is not a title with an emphasis on story, but we are working premises in. That said, for the first time in the series you can enjoy the content completely separately from the main series, so even beginners to the series might be able to be at ease playing it. The battling is different again from KH Re:CoM, and we are aiming for something with simple controls and flashy movements. I think customising is important to this type of game, so we are filling it with new elements in that area.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
While for the most part I'm uber excited for this, as I, like everyone, think that that the Lost Masters are the Foretellers... I'm a bit confuzzled about all of this.

For one thing, I'm confused about how this will even flow with Coded's story, and what they might have to change/cut from the original game's narrative to fit it in.

I almost feel like they're making a completely new Coded with this, almost, which causes a lot of continuity issues. If this is the case, they'd BETTER make a big deal about this for the people who played Coded and Re:Coded--and were thinking about passing II.5, since they've played all the games--so they know there are some serious game changers here.

I also kinda feel bad for all the people who've had to play Chi immensely to unlock all this information (I was one of those people for a while), and now most people are just going to get it spoon fed to them. It sort of seems unfair to the players to me--even though I know we won't be getting everything from Chi in II.5.

IDK. I'm probably overthinking this, and looking a gift horse in the mouth (and don't get me wrong; I am mostly ecstatic for this), but it does raise a lot of questions.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I also kinda feel bad for all the people who've had to play Chi immensely to unlock all this information (I was one of those people for a while), and now most people are just going to get it spoon fed to them. It sort of seems unfair to the players to me--even though I know we won't be getting everything from Chi in II.5.
You're going to be experiencing the exact same things in Kingdom Hearts 3. People will have played the handheld games and loved them, but all that information is going to be spoon fed for the casual players.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
You're going to be experiencing the exact same things in Kingdom Hearts 3. People will have played the handheld games and loved them, but all that information is going to be spoon fed for the casual players.

That's very true. And I suppose I should have thought about that. LOL. But it just seems different with Chi to me for some reason? Probably because there's only a small part of Chi that's important--unlike the main games--so it sort of does seem like there's less of a reason to play it now. If you were only playing it for the important story parts, anyway. And Chi can be a bit of a chore to play at times.

Once again, I'm probably just overthinking this. Hahaha. I mean, I'm personally happy about it--since I suck at Chi and I need these scenes and/or you lovely people on KHI to fill me in about it all--but I just find myself feeling sympathetic towards the diehard Chi players, for some reason. IDK. :)

QuintusKing

Awards
Website
heart95key95.blogspot.com

Well, we're not even sure if we will get the same information in chi either. There probably will be a totally different thing being revealed in chi ;). Even if it's the same, I won't feel bad at all, as I play chi for more than just the story!

Though, rather than the Foretellers or the Lost Master, I'd want Chirithy. Chirithy? Chirity!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

And for everyone interested in joining chi, or if you think you're having problem with chi, COME! We're glad to help you out!

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
Well, we're not even sure if we will get the same information in chi either. There probably will be a totally different thing being revealed in chi ;). Even if it's the same, I won't feel bad at all, as I play chi for more than just the story!

Though, rather than the Foretellers or the Lost Master, I'd want Chirithy. Chirithy? Chirity!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

And for everyone interested in joining chi, or if you think you're having problem with chi, COME! We're glad to help you out!

All very true. LOL. I was- just being very silly, I see now. Feel free to ignore me. Hahaha.

And, yes. Chirithy must be in II.5. That'd be the most adorable and badass thing ever. Seriously:)

I really should get back into Chi, as I do love it so... Except I haven't played in a while, and when I got back on it, everything had changed and I didn't seem to know how to do most of the new stuff. I even tried to create a new account and to just start it over, but I couldn't enter the text for the Japanese cacha... But, anyway.

YukiYashaH

Awards
Omg, am I he only one not caring about the technical stuff? I'M SO EXCITED JUST FOR HEARING ABOUT THIS!!! *---*
Isn't anyone else on the hype train?? <33

QuintusKing

Awards
Website
heart95key95.blogspot.com
You don't really have to create a new account to catch up. The basics are still there, you just need time to slowly adapt to it again. Anyway, it's your choice. If you feel like having problem, we won't hesitate to lend you a hand! Plus we have different guides written over the past few months, so new players today are much more fortunate than when we joined back then :). Feel free to drop by when you're ready!

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I don't play Chi (dat language barrier) but I've been keeping up with the plot and I am so happy about this. I love the entire concept of the Foretellers and I've really wanted them to connect to KH so I'm hoping to see them.

ThunderDragoon

Does this mean we'll finally get Kingdom Hearts Chi here in the states? Or do they have no plans to release it anywhere but Japan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back