• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Scenes Related to Kingdom Hearts X[chi] to Be Included in Re:coded Cinematic

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Does this mean we'll finally get Kingdom Hearts Chi here in the states? Or do they have no plans to release it anywhere but Japan?

As far as we know it's not in development but not for lack of trying, Disney's social game company that was supposed to localize it...kind of took a plunge.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
They haven't been able to find a publisher to release the game for the western audience. All they need to do is overcome that obstacle, but it's a pretty big obstacle.

Regardless of all those folks saying it, it is not as simple as just throwing it up on Facebook and calling it a day.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I haven't kept up with the chi story but I'm familiar the foretellers bit. This is rather interesting. I love the concept of "lost masters" and I'm wondering what they have to do with KH3 & Xehanort. (if they have anything to do with the latter at all)

wolfshadow

So basically for people (like me) who don't know diddly squat about chi (but have played every game up to DDD (which was the last one right? not counting the remakes)), except for the message that was to connect chi to 3, will be wondering who or what is going on in the additional scenes?

Edit: sorry if question is confusing to figure out. Basically are people who don't know the 'story', characters, etc of chi to be left with a what is going on moment during the additional scenes of in re:coded?

I know it's tough to say atm, best wait to answer when the japanese version is released and the additional scenes are translated.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I am truly a bit torn with the whole issue, mainly because it would not only mean that Chi has canon relevance beyond the Foreteller's script itself and the series itself instead of moving forward turns the eyes again back to the past, but also introduce even more stuff to the already big heap of issues that KH III has to address.

There are still many unfinished puzzles and mysteries left and now they add even more by introducing parts of Chi. Considering the record so far of KH juggling more than three things at once I fear for the eventual quality of the end product.

Not to mention that the original Keyblade War and those who participate in it were originally intended to serve as background lore for a context of the stuff Xehanort is doing in the present and not to suddenly take center stage in the whole mess.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I am truly a bit torn with the whole issue, mainly because it would not only mean that Chi has canon relevance beyond the Foreteller's script itself and the series itself instead of moving forward turns the eyes again back to the past, but also introduce even more stuff to the already big heap of issues that KH III has to address.

There are still many unfinished puzzles and mysteries left and now they add even more by introducing parts of Chi. Considering the record so far of KH juggling more than three things at once I fear for the eventual quality of the end product.

Not to mention that the original Keyblade War and those who participate in it were originally intended to serve as background lore for a context of the stuff Xehanort is doing in the present and not to suddenly take center stage in the whole mess.
Well, to be fair, we've sort of known that Riku and Mickey would be searching for some other Keyblade wielders. Just turns out those weilders are relevant to Chi;

Sora, Donald and Goofy search for seven guardians of light and the Key to Return Hearts, while King Mickey and Riku search for previous Keyblade wielders

See how it says SDG are searching for seven guardians of light (which implies VAT), while Mickey and Riku are looking for other Keyblade wielders. At the time it looked like that meant TAV, but in retrospect this has been planned for a while, especially since the opening cutscene of III deals with the Lost Masters.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Admitted, this fits together rather well, although it's still a bit iffy when keeping in mind that all this went on thousand's of years ago.
If they are not part of a very long-lived species or trapped somewhere in sleep like i.e. Ven instead of having perished during the war (the legends say only children survived!), Riku and Mickey could search all they want, the Foreteller's (or anyone else from the original Keyblade war) should not be around anymore and thus not be findable.

In retrospect it really makes more sense as TAV are among those meant to be saved by Sora according to Blank Points, so Riku and Mickey looking for them didn't really add fully up anyways.

It is intriguing as to why they would want to find those wielders though as they are the ones guilty of originally starting the first war and nearly destroying the universe. People like those are not individuals I would want to have around again as they could prove to be a danger as dangerous if not even worse than Xehanort.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
While I like the idea of the foretellers, I had hoped it would be saved for after KH3 if I'm being honest. Addin this with so much already going to have to happen in KH3, there's a pretty big guarantee a lot of the original characters are going to get the shaft. Combine that with the Disney characters who are already going to be difficult to tie into the end (and who've already been getting the shaft for a while). I suppose there's no point worrying about it though.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I really don't see how adding the Foretellers/likely-to-be Lost Masters could do much else but elaborate on the past to help the heroes. They aren't going to suddenly revive these very-dead characters (time travel or not) and make them the focal point of the plot. They will be a plot convenience, a way to up the ante of the final conflict.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
From what I have observed, I found that a few of us here immediately assumed that the Foretellers are suddenly going to steal the spotlight with the new scenes. Isn't that a little bit too hasty?

I think it's important to also consider the possibility (or dare I say, likelihood) that the Foretellers are simply going to be included in the scenes only for, so to say, trivia. It could be that the scene is but an extra that doesn't need to necessarily be watched, but will provide background, non-crucial information if it is.

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
I don't think they'd be spotlight thieves either. If it is them then I expect them to be important, perhaps convey the tragedy of the past war or something, but not be the focal point of the entire story.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Yeah, I didn't say and don't expect they'll steal the spotlight either.

Key to Truth

Awards
I really don't see how adding the Foretellers/likely-to-be Lost Masters could do much else but elaborate on the past to help the heroes. They aren't going to suddenly revive these very-dead characters (time travel or not) and make them the focal point of the plot. They will be a plot convenience, a way to up the ante of the final conflict.

They wouldn't be the focal conflict, but they could be 5 of the darknesses and make everyone go wow when they are revealed. They would be more of a surprise than anything else. They could even reveal if Xehanort is really the actual "evil" behind what's happened in all these games. After all, Old Norty could just be the sixth foreteller that has just swapped bodies a gazillion times and Xehanort was just the latest vessel he used.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
They wouldn't be the focal conflict, but they could be 5 of the darknesses and make everyone go wow when they are revealed. They would be more of a surprise than anything else. They could even reveal if Xehanort is really the actual "evil" behind what's happened in all these games. After all, Old Norty could just be the sixth foreteller that has just swapped bodies a gazillion times and Xehanort was just the latest vessel he used.

I would literally die. That would be just a step too far.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I kind of want to see it happen to be honest.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

Well, there always is Xehanort's Keyblade, having that blue eye that all the Foretellers have on their Keyblades.. so there's that. I honestly think there's a high possibility of this being the case.

Key to Truth

Awards
Well, there always is Xehanort's Keyblade, having that blue eye that all the Foretellers have on their Keyblades.. so there's that. I honestly think there's a high possibility of this being the case.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. There are just too many coincidences and we all know the all-famous "There are no coincidences in the KH universe."-thing. It's bound to be true. KH has always been about symbolism

I kind of want to see it happen to be honest.

Same here! I think it would be a good twist, but I'm sure there's more to it than what we expect, and the new secret ending in 2.5 will shed some light onto that.

I would literally die. That would be just a step too far.
Huh? Why? D: I think it would be a nice surprise!

From what I have observed, I found that a few of us here immediately assumed that the Foretellers are suddenly going to steal the spotlight with the new scenes. Isn't that a little bit too hasty?

I think it's important to also consider the possibility (or dare I say, likelihood) that the Foretellers are simply going to be included in the scenes only for, so to say, trivia. It could be that the scene is but an extra that doesn't need to necessarily be watched, but will provide background, non-crucial information if it is.

Usually nothing is added to the KH series as a cutscene if it bears no meaning to the plot. At least for something like an ending or secret ending.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Because I think it's a predictable twist, and I'm tired of this succession of possessions. It just seems like kind of an anti-climax to have the villain's saga end with you finding out that he wasn't the villain but rather another (harhar)villain doing the same thing over a longer timespan. It also kind of clears Xehanort of all his agency, and then we're left with a character we don't know being the primary antagonist.

There are definitely ways this could work, but I'm just...not impressed by it.

Key to Truth

Awards
Because I think it's a predictable twist, and I'm tired of this succession of possessions. It just seems like kind of an anti-climax to have the villain's saga end with you finding out that he wasn't the villain but rather another (harhar)villain doing the same thing over a longer timespan. It also kind of clears Xehanort of all his agency, and then we're left with a character we don't know being the primary antagonist.

There are definitely ways this could work, but I'm just...not impressed by it.

Well, as I've said, this is all a hypothesis. It could lead to something different or this being only a single detail. I'm sure Nomura has something big under his sleeve than a predictable ending.

Last edited:

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Usually nothing is added to the KH series as a cutscene if it bears no meaning to the plot. At least for something like an ending or secret ending.

I mean, the nature of the new scenes could be similar to that of the silent scenes in KHFM. You're not missing anything by not watching them; they just provide additional content that describes Riku's time in the Realm of Darkness. After all, they're an extra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back