• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Screensaver

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erebus Kronos

Godess of the Titan's
I had this problem for a while and now I kind of had enough. My screensaver wont pop up anymore... It's been a year. I'm running on a windows XP. I dont know whats going on with it. I have it on my picture slide show. I didnt set it on any stand-by mode nor the monitor. The power settings are off since it's a desk top. I set the wait 10 mins. I noticed something else weird. When I'm running a program or open a window and you know on the windows start bar it's selected, and leave it open for a min or so it's still open but on the start bar it's not selected anymore, like something else is loading. Any help would be great.

Thanks, Total.

D

Deleted member 36435

I don't think the SS works on XP. It doesn't on mine anyway. It puts the monitor onto sleep mode.

Petie

Awards
Website
www.spriters-resource.com
No, it does work on XP because I'm currently using it myself.

Total Darkness, it does sound like something else may be getting in the way so what you can try is going to start, clicking on Run, and typing msconfig in the box that pops up. Hit enter and on the screen that appears, select Diagnostic Startup and restart. This will prevent everything that isn't critical to Windows from starting. Just see if your screen saver works after that.

If it does, there's a process running that's preventing your screen saver from starting (or really, preventing your computer from idling). If it doesn't, there's a problem with the screen saver itself.

After this test, make sure to set the option back to Normal Startup or your computer will not work correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back