• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Screenshots From KH3 And KH3: RE MIND That Give Good Interpretative Evidence That Kairi And the Princesses Of Heart Possess Darkness

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
View attachment 13177
Okay buddy boi, I'm honestly wondering if you're actually a troll or if you have a problem.

Getting all fussy and up in arms over fandom words and fanfics? Really? You're acting like they personally attacked you. And for all I know that's probably true.

He has made it his personal life's goal to criticize fanfiction. Imagine, free content made by people out of the kindness of their hearts and for their own personal enjoyment living rent free in somebody's head, driving them to criticize fandom as a whole because these pieces of writing are not literary masterpieces or respect characters because of their ship names.

pastel.goblin

Awards
All this Shiki/Riku Shiki/Sora nonsense is personally offending the true pairing of Shiki/Neku. But wait... Neku's a redhead too :eek:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
All this Shiki/Riku Shiki/Sora nonsense is personally offending the true pairing of Shiki/Neku. But wait... Neku's a redhead too :eek:

I FORGOT NEKU. HOW.

Okay so Ariel, Kairi, Anna, Lea, Quasimodo, Neku, then maybe Shiki and Strelitzia.

EDIT: Okay, TOTALLY Shiki and Strelitzia. If Anna can look at Sora and be potentially romantically in love with him, Shiki can talk to Sora for like no time and be in love and Strelitzia might be dead but that just means they are dead buddies.

Trapinchmon

He has made it his personal life's goal to criticize fanfiction. Imagine, free content made by people out of the kindness of their hearts and for their own personal enjoyment living rent free in somebody's head, driving them to criticize fandom as a whole because these pieces of writing are not literary masterpieces or respect characters because of their ship names.

That's what gets me. The sheer entitlement of it.

Especially because of how huge some fandom communities are!! It's so easy to find a niche that suits one's fancy these days.

And some people spring out of their fandom hole to become genuine creators themselves! I was surprised when my friends told me the Gideon the Ninth author wrote Homestuck fanfiction back in the day. It's awesome.

Anyways, what if OT5 with JoshNekuShiSoRiku? Just pile those kids in a van.

disney233

Awards
I FORGOT NEKU. HOW.

Okay so Ariel, Kairi, Anna, Lea, Quasimodo, Neku, then maybe Shiki and Strelitzia.

EDIT: Okay, TOTALLY Shiki and Strelitzia. If Anna can look at Sora and be potentially romantically in love with him, Shiki can talk to Sora for like no time and be in love and Strelitzia might be dead but that just means they are dead buddies.
You fools. You have yet to uncover the ultimate redhead who has the wants for Sora. A person who can say it with such passion....And it....
Spoiler Spoiler Show

astertide

Awards
It's not hurting me, it's hurting literary art and the creative process. - I have no idea what 'OTP' and two of your other terms mean, and I don't *want* to know what the two other terms I'm unfamiliar with mean.

I consider 'pairing' fandom jargon. The rest I find insulting to literary art, save for the three terms that I don't know, though since the last two are written around the same places that you refer to idiotic Fanfictions that deal with physical issues, I'm pretty sure that they're insulting to literary art. Perhaps 'OTP' isn't, but I'm unfamiliar with it.

... Why are you referring to them as "idiotic"? There are actual, well-regarded BOOKS that include "physical issues".

Fictional characters are art, and good art treats characters realistically, so characterization should be referred to realistically.

But some things can't be realistic. Some things aren't meant to be realistic, that's why they're stories. I laugh at a crackship like Axel x Donald, for example. But I would NOT want to see that happen in canon, and definitely not in real life. It's funny, not realistic.

Fanfiction.Net is hardly a dinosaur. It came around in 1999, I believe.

Huh. That's... what, six, seven years before I came into existence? To me, all of you are dinosaurs. :ROFLMAO:

Yes, I'm saying that most of the Fanfictions on Fanfiction.Net aren't Fanfiction.

Excuse me? Who are you to decide what is considered fanfiction and what isn't? Are you the president of Fanfictionland? The secret Master of Masters?

They're popular culture pulp garbage that don't treat literature as art and just care about catering to the masses for popularity.

Aaaaaand what's wrong with that? We're talking about a fanfiction site, not the Louvre.

Ordinary people like you and I are trying to pick up a pen and kickstart their journey into writing stories. When you shun one person for writing bad fanfiction, you might be ruining their dreams and you wouldn't even know. People are PEOPLE. It's in our nature to want to know whether something we create is good or not. It's in our nature to want to be liked. We're talking about FANFICTION.

And you know, it's generally only relatively good fanfics that receive kudos. (That, or it's a self-insert fic lol)

And lots of people write fanfiction NEITHER FOR ART, NOR POPULARITY. They write it for themselves, so they can experience the worlds of these characters. So they can escape from their reality. So it's like they're right there sitting next to the characters, speaking to them, touching them, connecting with them in ways that they think they'll never be able to in real life.

Do you call popular culture pulp garbage books or movies 'books' or 'movies?' You call them 'turkeys.'

What, now you're insulting movies, books AND pop culture in general? Dude, it's not 1989 anymore. The World Wide Web has been created, haven't you heard?

Pairing names trivialize romantic bonds because they make light of them and don't treat them seriously

No, it's literally just... jargon.

Pairing names trivialize romantic bonds because they make light of them and don't treat them seriously. They treat them as something 'cute,' not something genuine.

No, they romanticise bonds. It symbolises love as one... entity. There isn't just two people, there's two people AND LOVE. THAT SHOWS THAT THEY'RE ACTUALLY TOGETHER. NOT SEPARATE. Not "Sora and Kairi," but "SoKai," one sky, one destiny, ONE FRICKING SHIP NAME.

It's akin to... 'taking the darkest and most beautiful depths of the human soul and trivializing them by calling it "angst."' 'Angst' is another term that I don't like, and I refuse to use it in regards to suffering and dark emotions.

Again.
It's just...
Jargon.
Also, angst is an actual word. It didn't originate as fanfiction jargon. Dark emotions have always been referred to as angst.

It doesn't matter who or what popularized combined names, or how long they've been 'across the board.' They're wrong and degrading to literature, in the same ways movies with senseless violence and flashy explosions are wrong and degrading to literature, and they're not representative of Fanfiction or any fandoms.

SENSELESS VIOLENCE. REALLY?

You say you like Star Wars, and not just any Star Wars, the NEW DISNEY STAR WARS and then you make blanket statements about pop culture and "senseless violence and flashy explosions."

They're not... wrong. I-
It's just ship names. W- What's getting you so worked up about this?!

Writing is an art, not a means of making money and/or attaining popularity.

Sure, it's an art. But there will always be people who use it to make money or attain popularity. Even if you believe that it's wrong, you literally can't stop it. It's just HUMANS BEING HUMANS.

Are you a part of Critic's United or some related group?

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
everyone else EXCEPT that guy said:
(arguments about the literary merits and fun of fanfiction + Wall of Text)

Tell me about it!

Modesty aside, as a published writer (I won’t call myself an author; they have agents, paperback books, basically people who turned it into a profession, while I am not going to sacrifice my incredibly boring but safe and stable career) who has won many contests in both poetry and prose since school, won multiple awards on certain writing magazines, and is aiming to win the Manchester competition this year (fingers crossed guys) in addition to coming from a clan with relatives who studied at places like Queen Mary’s, Juilliard, etc. in pursuit of the fine arts, I fucking love fanfiction!

It’s fun, and easy because someone else laid the foundations of the world for you, all you have to do is add on it.

That’s another thing. Real (modern) writers aren’t damn pretentious prigs who exalt the craft by name-dropping big names who went by initials, or stuff like that. We certainly know that we are damned allowed to make mistakes in our works! That’s why proofreaders exist; hell, that’s why editors exists. I and a couple of other writers (who are similarly published) make spelling mistakes and find myself falling into old habits such as misspelling homonyms or too much exposition, among other things. I still struggle when to appropriately use a semicolon than a comma, but at the end of the day I write because I love it (when I’m not tending to my other hobbies such as roses, perfumes, baking, etc.), because I want to enjoy the world I see with other people, or other fans when it comes to fanfiction, not because I want to exclude others because of some bullshit pecking order over who is the biggest fan, who can piss the highest, or whatever else. The greats he mentioned are human, not some otherworldly being. Shakespeare is a great playwright; who before I forget, peppered his works with perverted jokes (which are funny af btw), on top of writing a tragic love story about a thirteen year old girl who met a man in his late 20’s and wanted to elope with him after knowing him for four days!

And another thing, fanfiction has been around since fucking forever! Dante’s Divine Comedy is practically a fanfiction of the Catholic Church and Roman culture mixed with Greek bashing. A little closer to home, the true story of Pocahontas is not pretty; the source material of the movie was made by a man who wrote his own fanfiction erasing his stupidity.

Speaking of, I should really get back to writing that fanfiction draft that’s been in my phone untouched for 3 years… meh, maybe later.

Last edited:

astertide

Awards
So, for redheads to ship Sora with. We have:

Sora x Kairi = SoKai
Sora x Ariel = Sorariel
Sora x Anna = Soranna
Sora x Lea = Sorlea? Soralea? LeaSo? (IDK)
Sora x Axel = AkuSora
Sora x Quasimodo = Soramodo? Sorasimodo? Quasora? (Oh, light.)
Sora x Neku = Sorneka
Sora x Shiki = Soshiki? Shikiso?
Sora x Strelitzia = Soralitzia? Solitzia? Strelsora? Strelitsora? StrelSo?
Sora x Aeleus = Soraeleus? Sorael? Aeleusora? AelSora? AelSo?
Sora x Lexaeus = Lexaeusora? SoLex? SoraLexa? Lexsora?
Sora x Simba = SoSimba? Sorasimba? Simso? Simbso? Soramba? (oh my paopu fruit this is so cursed)
Sora x Iago = Soriago? Sorago? Iagora? (oh light more cursed stuff)

This is so sad. SoraLexa, play Despacito.

Don't forget Vanille from Final Fantasy!
Sora x Vanille = Soranille? Vanillora? Sorille? VaniSo? (Not to be confused with SoVan, the ship between Sora and Vanitas)

There's also Red XIII from Final Fantasy if you think Sora's into that 👀

astertide

Awards
OH WAIT TECHNICALLY ERI IS A REDHEAD TOO

Sora x Eri = Soeri? Eriso? Erisora?

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
If I can be serious for a moment: where are the "good interpretive evidence" screenshots that show the other princesses of heart possessing darkness? I'm especially looking forward to analyzing Snow White and Sleeping Beauty. I'm excitedly anticipating the 50 page academic dissertation explaining how their sleeping faces equate to possessing darkness.

THE TRUE FACE OF EVIL:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Trapinchmon

If I can be serious for a moment: where are the "good interpretive evidence" screenshots that show the other princesses of heart possessing darkness? I'm especially looking forward to analyzing Snow White and Sleeping Beauty. I'm excitedly anticipating the 50 page academic dissertation explaining how their sleeping faces equate to possessing darkness.

THE TRUE FACE OF EVIL:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

When you close your eyes, you suffuse your world in Darkness...

That is why the Realm of Sleep, where Dream Eaters and Nightmares dwell, is contiguous with both the dark realm itself as well as the darkness that binds us all.

I can think of no greater evil than the circadian rhythm that traps us in endless cycles of Darkness!!!!

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
OMG I know everyone wants Sora/Riku, but what about... Sora/Rikku? I think she has red hair? The hair colour seems to change depending on what game it is/the artwork she's in. OP, please analyze and provide an in-depth explanation for why Rikku's hair colour matters to the Dark Seeker Saga. Kthnx bai.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Lacan Valeth

Oracle Spockanort:
I'm not talking to myself. I have a number of friends who feel similarly to me and who enjoy fandom media and art as they're meant to be enjoyed. One, a close friend of mine named Amber, even created one of the best XENOGEARS WebSites and Fanfiction archives around. Another close friend of mine, named Nanaki, isn't the sole person from IcyBrian's other than I who frown on fandom's popular culture practices. *A lot* of Fanfiction authors don't care for Fanfiction.Net and other popular culture Fanfiction and fandom nonsense. Some Post on Fanfiction.Net themselves, yes - though I refused to Post there until early 2018, and I still prefer not to more often than not - but there are a *lot* of people other than I myself who frown on popular culture Fanfiction and popular culture fandom practices and feel and think similarly to me.

Though it doesn't matter how many people agree with me. Majority =/= right.

However, this *isn't* just me. I'm just one of a large number of people who have little to no tolerance for popular culture Fanfiction and fandom, and we *do* enjoy fandom media.

Don't tell me that I need to 'operate within popular culture confines' as though they're 'regular artistic confines.' They're not.

It you want regular artistic confines, try Icy Brian's, Guardian Angels, Rocket Town if it's still up, The Phantasy Star Pages, The Shrine to Ghaleon, or any number of other Fanfiction WebSites that treat Fanfiction as *art.*

I'm not criticizing anything with erroneous data. *Popular culture perspectives* are the erroneous data.

Face My Fears:
Yet once more, I'm not saying Sora returns Anna's feelings if any romance is involved on her side.

And I *don't* distort bonds. I *wouldn't* be arguing Anna might feel anything different than friendship love for Sora if I wasn't able to cross-reference her words, facial expressions, and body language with those of a lot of people in a lot of other stories. I *loathe* random pairings... It's one of the reasons I back up Ava and Ephemer's romantic love so much. I *loathe* the wholly unsubstantiated and out-of-character Ava/Gula pairing. It's currently my newest least favorite random out-of-character 'romance.' Gula might have romantic feelings for Ava, but they *are not* returned. Ava is tense and uncomfortable around Gula much of the time. She's more relaxed and at ease around Ephemer than anyone else, and more considerate of Ephemer's feelings than any of the Foretellers'.

Trapinchmon:
Those 'individual WebSites' are the 'big Sites.' Fanfiction.Net isn't - it's popular culture garbage nonsense.

And even if you *did* call Fanfiction.Net a Fanfiction archive, it's a general Fanfiction archive. IcyBrian's Fanfiction archive is the largest Role-Playing Game Fanfiction archive Online.

Fourteen-year-olds and people goofing off have no requirement to create professional literary *masterpieces,* but they sure as heck have a requirement not to write out-of-character random 'romantic' pairings where two people supposedly 'fall in love' without the relationship developing and the story doesn't acknowledge the character's other bonds as equally important, et cetera. Fourteen-year-olds and people goofing off, et cetera, *did* take friendship, family, romance, themes, philosophy, plot, and setting seriously on The Phantasy Star Pages, The Shrine to Ghaleon, Guardia, IcyBrian's, Rocket Town, Square Net, and elsewhere before Fanfiction.Net came around. They didn't all produce masterpieces like Jerm's PERENNIAL TRIGGER trilogy and a CHRONO TRIGGER story of his that I can't remember the name of that had the Book titles 'False Prophet,' 'Dark Prophet,' and 'True Prophet,' Keith Adams' CHRONO TRIGGER: THE SHADOWS, Nanaki's THE ORIGIN/AFTERMATH OF MOUNT WOE and TEMPO TRIGGER, MarkedCain's CHRONO CONTINUUM, Junj's JENOVA PROJECT/CLOUD COVER, Tamerine's unnamed series of WILD ARMS one-shot stories and her FINAL FANTASY VII: TWISTED, Amber's/Myaru's SHADOWS FALLING and SHINONOME, Arcana's story about Emeralda's origins that I can't recall the name of, The Captain's CRISIS FROM THE HEAVENS, and Nightsong's PRELUDE TO DESTRUCTION: DARK ANGEL, to name fifteen of them, but they *did* produce art, even if it was amateur-level art.

Most of Fanfiction.Net's writers don't.

It doesn't matter if you're not truly interested in writing, or if you're an amateur writer writing for fun. If you're not going to take the characters and the story seriously and you're going to just distort them into caricatures with the names of the original characters who aren't the original characters at all, you shouldn't be writing.

Shiki was joking about Riku being 'her knight in shining armor.' She's a light-hearted person. There was no romance involved.

KeybladeLordSora:
How about *you* spend many years in your life reading and looking at a lot of well-written, if amateur-level, Fanfictions that take the creative writing process and characterization seriously and enjoying them, growing as a Fanfiction writer yourself with friends - such as Tamerine and Nanaki and Jerm and Amber and Nightsong and MarkedCain - and acquaintances as they grow, writing and sharing ideas and your love for Role-Playing Games with those friends and acquaintances; and then watching popular culture-catering idiots on a new archive that doesn't understand literary art and that should never have been created corrupt and distort much of what you love and value until it's *very difficult* to make new friends and acquaintances who value literary art and find good, amateur-level or better, stories.

Particularly if your dream is to be a professional writer of published fantasy and/or science fiction, as mine has been since my childhood. I'm not 'getting all fussy and up in arms.' I'm very upset for valid reasons about idiots who have no concept of art and literature wrecking much of what my friends and acquaintances and I have worked for and stand for.

Tamerine, *especially,* is a painful issue. Her FINAL FANTASY VII: TWISTED is what popularized the 'alternate reality version of an existing Role-Playing Game' Fanfiction story concept back in 1997 and 1998. Even before Fanfiction.Net came around, she was upset at being mimicked by a lot of lesser-quality alternate reality versions of other Role-Playing Games, she felt that that disgraced her story and the around a year of effort she'd put into writing it, and she regretted writing it. Now that Fanfiction.Net is around and that concept is a lot more widespread... it's *horrific.* Tamerine's FINAL FANTASY VII: TWISTED is one of the best Role-Playing Game Fanfiction stories around, it *is* a literary artistic masterpiece, and Tamerine was one of my first good Fanfiction writer friends, and the 'alternate reality' Fanfiction concept became a *nightmare* once Fanfiction.Net went up Online.

Do you have *any idea* what it's like to watch, helplessly, month after month, year after year, as one of your first good friend's best writings and one of her longest efforts to write that she told you became *a source of pain to her* after she spent a very long time putting her heart and soul into it even when there *wasn't* much Fanfiction of Fanfiction.Net's quality, is distorted and warped, again and again and again and again, endlessly and in more and more and more and more widespread ways?

You write an alternate reality Role-Playing Game Fanfiction and I'm in a position to talk to you about it, you measure up to Tamerine's characterization quality and theme quality and philosophy quality and attention-to-detail quality and setting quality and plot quality and write a story that is worthy of FINAL FANTASY VII: TWISTED, or you *will* hear about it from me, in no uncertain terms.

You *do not* hurt one of my friends, and you *do not* distort around a year of her best and most devoted efforts when she already became badly hurt that they were distorted to a lesser extent.

And it's not just Tamerine. *Most* of my friends' works are overlooked in favor of popular culture garbage. Amber's Fanfiction is on par with the best *published works* that I've read or looked at in my life, as are the Fanfictions of two other close friends of mine, Mieu - who I'm no longer in touch with - and Rem/Mirriem.

No one has personally attacked me, and if they had, I wouldn't care. But they *have* personally attacked Rem/Mirriem, Mieu, Amber, Nanaki, Jerm, another close friend of mine who I'm out of touch with named Croik, other friends of mine, and *especially* Tamerine.

I have *a very large amount* of reasons to be bitter and upset.

This has nothing to do with entitlement. It has to do with other *monsters* believing that they're entitled to Pulitzer Prizes and refusing to accept constructive criticism while ostracizing my close friends and good friends and other friends and, with Tamerine, not just ostracizing her and one of her best and most heartfelt works of art but *continually and often distorting and warping it into disgusting farces of literature and art.*

The last time I read Tamerine's LiveJournal, years ago, she was *very bitter and furious* with the large number of popular culture garbage Fanfictions on Fanfiction.Net and people's attitudes towards them.

And I couldn't be there for her about it.

How do you *think* I feel about that?

Paul

"Hands off my friends."-Roxas
KINGDOM HEARTS III

Last edited:
Back