• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

ScrewAttack: Wish List: 10 Things I Want In Kingdom Hearts III

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The XIV commercial is just hands down embarassing. God that was so bad. I prefer this one they filmed (I actually think this was done by Sony rather than SE since this came out the same time as that massive PS4 ad):
[video=youtube;K15wdyKG9bw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K15wdyKG9bw[/video]

No CGI. No "epic" speeches. Just showing off a little bit of character customisation in the real world. It's still bad, but better than the one before.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This is one of the best live action trailers I've ever seen (and it isn't because of Ellie Goulding's song) and that was probably expensive but since it is GoW they probably got that money back easily.

[video=youtube;s9v9UoTc2Ug]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9v9UoTc2Ug[/video]

No, wait. I LIED.

[video=youtube;SE2ADqLuzvU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE2ADqLuzvU[/video]

BEST LIVE ACTION TRAILER EVER. To be fair, this is a Western-made game so they clearly had a better understanding of their audience and what can captivate them.

My point is, Kingdom Hearts is already something of a joke. A live action commercial can potentially lead to more humiliation for the franchise if not handled right. They want to make it appeal to everybody, and they can do that with showing off Disney cutscenes, FF characters, and by playing a really REALLY good song while the commercial plays.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Let me post WHY I hate the FFXIV commercial

[video=youtube;zCAqc9J3iZc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCAqc9J3iZc[/video]

This is a commercial that belongs in the 90s. If this and that LRFF commercial are what Square Enix thinks is good, they can keep it. Keep it classy and CLASSIC and give us a wonderful commercial showing off gameplay & eye-catching, not-spoilery cutscenes with the catchy theme song (utada song plz) and they have their winning forumla

Funny_Pictures_old-gushers-commercial_5518.gif

Same director.

Master Spockanort said:

This commercial just fucked me up emotionally. I'm not even playing. Good lord.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I think a live action commercial, if handled carefully, could be pulled off decently. The God of War commercial Master Spockanort posted is proof of that. What if the commercial starts off live action, but than shifts to gameplay, with scenes from the game? That could work.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I think a live action commercial, if handled carefully, could be pulled off decently. The God of War commercial Master Spockanort posted is proof of that. What if the commercial starts off live action, but than shifts to gameplay, with scenes from the game? That could work.
Again;
[video=youtube;CIPLHdZCaY0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CIPLHdZCaY0[/video]

It looks horrible. Only goes for 16 seconds and it's about 10 seconds of in-game footage, 2 seconds of a live action person and the rest is CGI lightning.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
With Kingdom Hearts 2.5 ReMix they have the opportunity to integrate the Mirage Arena with the PlayStation 3's and Xbox 360's respective online platforms (but this is all wishful thinking, since High-Definiton "remasterings" are usually just quick money-grabs). Onto Kairi actually being useful for once, like I stated in another thread: she now has the opportunity to go from damsel in distress to dueling damsel. What could develop her character is her thought of realizing that it is time for her to stop getting rescued by her "knights in shining armor" and start becoming one of those knights, in other words, give Sora and Riku a break for them to focus on the bigger threat. Personally, I am indifferent as to whether or not the remaining members of the former Organization make an appearance in Kingdom Hearts III as complete individuals. For all we know, their Heartless were never defeated. The only purpose they may serve is of NPCs. Perhaps KHIII may feature a gambling-like spot like Final Fantasy XIII-2 did and the owner is Luxord and you get to meet him once you've played each of the mini games the place offers. KH3 will not fail to deliver a nice piece of eye candy with the immense power the PS4 and Square Enix's engine can offer. And I agree with other members: I, in my honest opinion, cannot see any Lucas Film nor Marvel characters in the universe of Kingdom Hearts.

On regards of weapon customization, the only customization we may get for the Keyblade will just be the Keychains. I am indifferent as to the Theater Room featuring the customizations we gave the characters in that particular moment and yes, there should be a Sound Test option, but releasing soundtracks is something SE can capitalize. A commercial could just be one of the many trailers they will release. Noctis in KH3 could be an interesting superboss, like Sora enters a time portal that reads "This will lead to a distant future, possibly 15 years from now, it could be your final fantasy, so best be careful". While I am having an easy time picturing Noctis in the universe of KH for a brief moment, I fail to see how Sora may fit in Noctis's universe. Sora is also I character I may fail to take seriously in a battle against him, he is not someone I would like to hit. Do not get me wrong, I can imagine a fight with him, but not ACTUALLY hitting him, haha. Last but not least, I believe KH3 will feature a satisfying story since it IS the last chapter of the Xehanort Saga and a very long one and I believe Nomura-san is a man that learns from his mistakes and would like to develop KH4 and onwards with a clean and planned slate.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Wow that Lightning Returns commercial was boring. At least it's short.
The only one on the ScrewAttack list I don't agree with is 5. Well, except the part where he says that Yoko Shimomura must make a cover of "Duel of the Fates." That I agree with completely.

[video=youtube;s9v9UoTc2Ug]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9v9UoTc2Ug[/video]
Eeee, darn you Spogganord, now I cand stob cryiiiin'! Gghghhggh! *blows nose*

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Funny_Pictures_old-gushers-commercial_5518.gif

Same director.

I cry. I will cry forever.

This commercial just diddlyed me up emotionally. I'm not even playing. Good lord.

People make fun of it because of all of the crying (and especially the girl yelling "baka" as she tosses her wedding ring in the ocean), but it is honestly a really good commercial that sets the tone for what people will experience in FFX. And how accurate it truly is. I still remember bawling my eyes out over the ending.

Except my point is Square Enix won't handle it right. Can you imagine what it'd look like to see some random actors dressed up as Sora, Riku, and Kairi? Or them trying to have some random kid hold the Keyblade to say "they have the power to open the door"? It's just lame. It won't look good at all and we'll all sit here and cringe as we do when these things happen.

The God of War trailer, as I noted, probably had an amazing budget because GoW games are massive hits for Sony and they knew how to keep it tactful. Honestly, I'm surprised there hasn't been an attempt at a GoW live-action film. (actually with the power of google, I've learned they have had a film in planning since 2005 and in 2012 they have revisited it and have a $150m budget)

Square Enix can do a tactful commercial with the same commercials they've been making for years, or do something that works on our nostalgia of the series like the FFX commercial.

While I am having an easy time picturing Noctis in the universe of KH for a brief moment, I fail to see how Sora may fit in Noctis's universe. Sora is also I character I may fail to take seriously in a battle against him, he is not someone I would like to hit. Do not get me wrong, I can imagine a fight with him, but not ACTUALLY hitting him, haha.

Well wouldn't that be the great part of fighting Sora? We'd all underestimate him because we've been playing as him for years and know his moves, so to speak. And then he'd be really hard to fight. I don't want a Sora fight in FFXV (there are better ways to do KH cameos in FFXV) but if we did I think the point would be to trick us into a sense of security.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Now that you mention it, Master Spockanort, yes, I do not take Sora's level of power seriously even though we can all aknowledge he is an unofficial Keyblade Master, so to speak. And yet again, I concur with you: an optional, super boss battle with Sora might prove to make us question ourselves and take Sora's character a bit more serious even though he is cheesy and happy-go-lucky.

While another type of appearance with Sora could also be handled in another way, say in a sort of poster or he would be a simple pedestrian walking around the streets.

Bobizzle

The top 10 things I hope to see in KH3:

1-A very immersive story than the past games, which takes longer to complete than KH and KH2 combined.

2-Sora and Riku as shared protagonists, where the game switches off between the two while occasionally crossing paths up until the end, when everyone is together for the duration of the final battle(s). Maybe not a 50-50 shared playing time but like 60 Sora and 40 Riku.

3-Online multiplayer in the Mirage Arena

4-The hub worlds(Radiant Garden, Traverse Town, Twilight Town, Destiny Islands?) as more expanded, open world settings that you can explore

5-Lea and Kairi as playable characters at least briefly, to highlight their imposed importance for the game. And Kairi definitely should have a much bigger role in the story than in the past as everyone has said

6-Sora/Riku's party to be switched up on occasion, meaning maybe sometimes Sora can have Lea and Kairi as party members instead of just Donald and Goofy

7-More background on Sora, Riku and Kairi's family, not necessarily have them play a big role or anything but at least more info on who they are and how they're affected.

8-Aqua and Ventus to hopefully be rescued fairly early in the game, instead of later or near the end so that they have more time to interact with the current characters.

9-Every character in the 7 lights vs. 13 darknesses battle to be switched off, so that you have a chance to fight with/against everyone.

10-The final battle to take place with MX to take place inside the real Kingdom Hearts itself, with the dive to the heart music playing in the background.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
1-A very immersive story than the past games, which takes longer to complete than KH and KH2 combined.
Kingdom Hearts III has a lot of loose ends to cover, so it should have enough for you to immerse in.

2-Sora and Riku as shared protagonists, where the game switches off between the two while occasionally crossing paths up until the end, when everyone is together for the duration of the final battle(s). Maybe not a 50-50 shared playing time but like 60 Sora and 40 Riku.
I agree.

3-Online multiplayer in the Mirage Arena
If it makes a return, then yes, they should by all means make the MA an online compatible mechanic.

4-The hub worlds(Radiant Garden, Traverse Town, Twilight Town, Destiny Islands?) as more expanded, open world settings that you can explore
And filled with NPCs you can interact with.

7-More background on Sora, Riku and Kairi's family, not necessarily have them play a big role or anything but at least more info on who they are and how they're affected.
Family has never been a key factor in the universe of Kingdom Hearts to begin with. Yes, we heard Sora's mother during the last minutes of Destiny Islands, but that was about it.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
In regards to number 4 on the list,

I agree that the lack of NPCs is a problem and hope that, with the mechanics of the PS4 and XBox 1, the worlds will be able to handle a couple of NPCs

However I don't think having the NPCs flee when heartless arrive is the best route. I think a better option would be to have areas in the world for fighting enemies, and for NPCs to occupy

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
In regards to number 4 on the list,

I agree that the lack of NPCs is a problem and hope that, with the mechanics of the PS4 and XBox 1, the worlds will be able to handle a couple of NPCs

However I don't think having the NPCs flee when heartless arrive is the best route. I think a better option would be to have areas in the world for fighting enemies, and for NPCs to occupy

Or both cases: an area will NPCs are and Heartless can appear and they either foolishly try to attack them or wisely decide to run away.

Gram

Banned
Awards
As far as NPC's go, I just want the towns I visit to actually come across as towns. And glob forbid we go back to Olympus I damn well expect to see an audience to the cheering. ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
As far as NPC's go, I just want the towns I visit to actually come across as towns. And glob forbid we go back to Olympus I damn well expect to see an audience to the cheering. ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ

I agree. It was rather weird to listen to a crowd cheering when there was no one there (unless one wants to think the ones cheering were the Gods, but that, as they say, would be cheap).

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
In regards to number 3., I'm kind of indifferent to the origins of members 9-12. I'm not opposed to finding out about their lives as humans, but I don't think it's really that necessary either.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
In regards to number 3., I'm kind of indifferent to the origins of members 9-12. I'm not opposed to finding out about their lives as humans, but I don't think it's really that necessary either.

I agree. It would all go down to fanservice.

Bobizzle

I do think they will still play some sort of role though. I could see Luxord(whatever his real name is) suddenly appearing in a world like Traverse Town, and challenging Sora to a friendly duel, and then afterwards he maybe becomes an ally by giving Sora a new keychain or something.

And come on, I'm sure everyone wants to know if the real Larxene is just as nasty as her nobody counterpart lol.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I do think they will still play some sort of role though. I could see Luxord(whatever his real name is) suddenly appearing in a world like Traverse Town, and challenging Sora to a friendly duel, and then afterwards he maybe becomes an ally by giving Sora a new keychain or something.

And come on, I'm sure everyone wants to know if the real Larxene is just as nasty as her nobody counterpart lol.

I can't honestly see them playing a large role in KH3. Compared to the other members, they're really not that important in the grand scheme of things.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I can't honestly see them playing a large role in KH3. Compared to the other members, they're really not that important in the grand scheme of things.

I probably would say otherwise about one of them. Seeing that he seemed to be in good terms with the members of the old Organization and considering the fact that he was one of the last few members to fall (which might imply his loyalty), Luxord could even be among the thirteen darknesses.

As for the others, while it's true that they might not play important roles, they could still be in the game as cameo appearances. That's of course assuming that their respective Heartless had been defeated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back