• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Comics ► Screwball... (Fun discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
Is she a new character to Marvel Comics? (in recent years) because I have seen her in only two things so far, the 2018 Spider-Man game and the recent cartoon (the one that came out after the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon) and what is her deal? in the cartoon she seemed regretful because of a friend, and in the game, she does not care if anyone gets hurt because of her, so which is it? is she a thrill seeker, or is she a hero who learns her lesson in the Comics? what are your thoughts?

Sonofjafar

Awards
I just looked this up and I gotta say that the name “Screwball” should have been used for a supervillain with cartoon physics powers

vaderskywalker

Awards
I just looked this up and I gotta say that the name “Screwball” should have been used for a supervillain with cartoon physics powers
That sounds awesome, but at the same time, also sounds like someone completely unstoppable, for me, she's just kind of annoying (in the game), she's feels like the Riddler from the Arkham games, I just want to ignore her and move on with the game.

vaderskywalker

Awards
i did. She still sucks as a concept for a super villain to me
Villain is such a strong word, I think a better term would be something that fits the character since she doesn't care about the people she hurts just to get likes on the internet, I think there is a word for it, but I can't think of it at the moment, but for now, criminal works just fine.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
i did. She still sucks as a concept for a super villain to me
Screwball is clearly a villain that is based upon social media influencers that are more concerned with doing stupid/wrong things to get views/likes. She actually fits perfectly for a modern day villain and going up against Spiderman makes sense since he is a "friendly neighborhood Spiderman" versus some other hero that deals with galactic threats (not that Spiderman doesn't do that either).

vaderskywalker

Awards
Screwball is clearly a villain that is based upon social media influencers that are more concerned with doing stupid/wrong things to get views/likes. She actually fits perfectly for a modern day villain and going up against Spiderman makes sense since he is a "friendly neighborhood Spiderman" versus some other hero that deals with galactic threats (not that Spiderman doesn't do that either).
I can see your point, and I can also see parallels between Peter when he first got his powers, and Screwball, Screwball is probably what peter would have become if he didn't lose Uncle Ben, and learn that with great power comes great responsibility.

D

Deleted member 246005

Is she a new character to Marvel Comics? (in recent years) because I have seen her in only two things so far, the 2018 Spider-Man game and the recent cartoon (the one that came out after the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon) and what is her deal? in the cartoon she seemed regretful because of a friend, and in the game, she does not care if anyone gets hurt because of her, so which is it? is she a thrill seeker, or is she a hero who learns her lesson in the Comics? what are your thoughts?
She's a new character in the comics. She's more of a nuisance in the game than malicious but she could get worse. I'm fine with her being a comic relief character like Pete or Demyx. Not every villians needs to end the world to be interesting.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I never want to see her in any media ever again. Like Riddler in Arkham Knight they utterly overdid it.
How did they overdo Riddler in Arkham Knight?

I liked Screwball's addition in SONY's Spider-Man. She added another dimension to that world and actually made it feel modern. I mean, it makes sense to have someone actually want to film Spider-Man and profit off of him. She's supposed to be annoying like the arrogant/obnoxious influencers that will benefit off of anything.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
How did they overdo Riddler in Arkham Knight?
He takes over the PA system of the whole city and mocks me like every 2 minutes until I get every one of his hundreds of collectibles. Just shut up already!

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
He takes over the PA system of the whole city and mocks me like every 2 minutes until I get every one of his hundreds of collectibles. Just shut up already!
I think that's an exaggeration, but I get where you are coming from.

vaderskywalker

Awards
I just thought of the perfect word that describes her, and it's kind of ironic considering I'm not a fan of the person who refers to Spider-Man as such, but here it is, menace, she is a menace.

Back