• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

SE reveals new KINGDOM HEARTS Missing-Link information

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Currently the Japan-only prototype test for KINGDOM HEARTS Missing-Link is in progress, and Square Enix has shared brand new information regarding the upcoming mobile game.

• You can select between GPS movement or Pad movement depending on your playstyle
  • GPS movement
    • The character moves when the player walks
    • AP can be obtained in battles, etc. 
    • Battles can be automated in "handsfree mode"
  • Pad movement
    • Moving characters with a virtual pad
    • AP is required for battles, obtaining treasure chests, etc.

• Content will be released step-by-step during the prototype test
  • Today's message: Let's get jewels in the gift quest - Let's make a lot of Lv.20 pieces

LucemFerto

Awards
Character customization being extremely detailed makes my heart sing. It makes my Kingdom Heart sing. I really, really hope they release this game on PC like Genshin, because I very much don't wanna play this on a tiny phone screen.

Pleaseeeeee Square. Be reasonable, just this once ...

AegisXIII

Awards
Interesting. So KH1 heartless confirmed in the game. Which means, they had to be remade with new models and everything. We are moving closer and closer to my dream to see past titles updated on Unreal Engine. 🤩

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I hope I can play it on Bluestacks, I'm just worried that i'd get banned.

I think Pokemon Go bans Bluestacks users and this is a similar game.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I’m hype. Just, ugh, please for the love of god, don’t made it a drip-feed story with a black hole of filler, I don’t think I can do that again 🥲
Yeah, that was the main issue with UX. It was too much filler that wasted more time. They really should work to try and have the story planned out and ready. Filler can be inserted as they gauge the popularity of the game if they really want to put it in for some reason.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Filler can be inserted as they gauge the popularity of the game if they really want to put it in for some reason.
But that's exactly what happened with KHUX, at least until they knew the game was shutting down. Then we like like 10 cutscenes for two quests.

There are some images and videos of Missing Link already out there, not sure if I should link them here. The handcrafted scenes look quite nice, I'm not so sure about the GPS derived landscapes.

the red monster

Awards
But that's exactly what happened with KHUX, at least until they knew the game was shutting down. Then we like like 10 cutscenes for two quests.

There are some images and videos of Missing Link already out there, not sure if I should link them here. The handcrafted scenes look quite nice, I'm not so sure about the GPS derived landscapes.
multiple people have been saying this and i can't find anything on youtube.
would be nice if someone actually posted a link to the videos

edit: found it. it's on kingdom hearts reddit.

Last edited:

Liodin

Awards
Since the trailer I've always been confident in the game.
When the Japanese testers started sharing their impressions I was even more so.
But now that I've seen with my own eyes some gameplay I can only say that the game has the potential to be what we all wanted from KHUX, and everything will depend on the speed and quality of the updates.

I fully trust Nomura and Ruiko Fukazawa on the plot, so that doesn't worry me.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

You can link here. We just aren’t reporting it in our opening post because we would be liable to source, thus putting targets on the people releasing footage and videos, but links are fine.

Perhaps I phrased it incorrectly? I mean that they should have the whole story and those updates done and ready, and then when the game launches, based on the popularity of the game and how much money it is bringing in, they can add filler in-between the main story beats to extend the game’s lifespan and cut back on it when necessary. But the story would already be done and ready. Filler can be entertaining if done right. I think DOOFF is a good example of it.

UX was done where they used bland filler to artificially extend the game out so they could catch up on working on the main story and drag players along to pay into their economy.

Back