• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

SE reveals new KINGDOM HEARTS Missing-Link information

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chie

Awards
I don't mind the graphical fidelity, I just mean how mobile/gacha/f2p/etc. games are inundated with a million things you have to train your brain to ignore because they're just parts of an addiction algorithm template instead of something the devs really created.

Of course there was no way this was going to be anything but that.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't mind the graphical fidelity, I just mean how mobile/gacha/f2p/etc. games are inundated with a million things you have to train your brain to ignore because they're just parts of an addiction algorithm template instead of something the devs really created.

Of course there was no way this was going to be anything but that.
Well, like I said, there is footage of Scala which is genuinely gorgeous. It's really a stunning looking world with NPC chilling around.

Battle maps range from blah to great.

The maps for the real world could be better but I also think that they probably don't care too much since it is already pulling location data and is probably taxing on the phones to begin with.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
2nd image, Aurora got a new model

This is kinda exciting. Either A.) they are actually putting effort into new Disney character assets in Unreal Engine for this game. So we may see these characters in cutscenes with KH3 style graphics as I’d be surprised if they made them just for the trophy things. Or B.) there could be another project using these character models that they’re borrowing from.

Whichever way, now these assets exist and could be used for future console games.

Last edited:

AegisXIII

Awards
This is kinda exciting. Either A.) they are actually putting effort into new Disney character assets in Unreal Engine for this game. So we may see these characters in cutscenes with KH3 style graphics as I’d be surprised if they made them just for the trophy things. Or B.) there could be another project using these character models that they’re borrowing from.

Whichever way, now these assets exist and could be used for future console games.
I have said it many times now, so sorry if you get sick of me talking about this subject, but this might be a good indication towards next gen remasters using unreal engine. There are no other reason for them to remake these assets for static images in a mobile game.
1673682640143.png1673682582826.png

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I have said it many times now, so sorry if you get sick of me talking about this subject, but this might be a good indication towards next gen remasters using unreal engine. There are no other reason for them to remake these assets for static images in a mobile game.
View attachment 16059View attachment 16058
It should be noted the assets for the special attack statue things are also new models and not the exact ones used in KH3. There is an Aerith model for healing and it is 100% not her KH3 model. Same with Riku and Sora. They are certainly similar but just a bit unrefined and the faces are narrower.

I think they remade the models for most characters rather than reusing assets. I imagine KH3 models had to be downscaled a bit for the needs of this game.

AegisXIII

Awards
It should be noted the assets for the special attack statue things are also new models and not the exact ones used in KH3. There is an Aerith model for healing and it is 100% not her KH3 model. Same with Riku and Sora. They are certainly similar but just a bit unrefined and the faces are narrower.

I think they remade the models for most characters rather than reusing assets. I imagine KH3 models had to be downscaled a bit for the needs of this game.
Do you have a link to the Aerith one? I am really curious to see how it looks. Is it her KH2/3 or KH1 style?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I'll also throw my two-cents in here that the statues aren't static, they revolve on the field as they're used so whatever statue they make needs a new model.

Square isn't afraid to make stuff that has limited uses -- after all, Daybreak Town in Back Cover was never seen again and likely never will be at this point. I wouldn't get too excited over the implications of the models.

Though, on the other-other hand, Enchanted Dominion was seen in the announcement trailer so it's not weird to think Aurora will be in the game.

AegisXIII

Awards
I'll also throw my two-cents in here that the statues aren't static, they revolve on the field as they're used so whatever statue they make needs a new model.

Square isn't afraid to make stuff that has limited uses -- after all, Daybreak Town in Back Cover was never seen again and likely never will be at this point. I wouldn't get too excited over the implications of the models.

Though, on the other-other hand, Enchanted Dominion was seen in the announcement trailer so it's not weird to think Aurora will be in the game.
I pretty much believe that Daybreak Town will be seen in the future as a Union Cross remake might still happen (it was on the nvidia leak). In terms of assets that were not used a lot, they were most likely in KH3 where a lot of assets were made for cutscenes only (Hollow Bastion, YenSid tower), but most likely with the intent to visit in the future. In the old graphics era, assets were overused.

Willow A113

Awards
View attachment 16059View attachment 16058
I thought Pluto was already modeled for UE4 in KH3?

AegisXIII

Awards
I thought Pluto was already modeled for UE4 in KH3?
I am not sure. I think we saw Pluto in the ending only and that's Visual Works work not Unreal.

Also, I found this on reddit:
37o3b8knytba1.png

Back