• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Secret Bosses in KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEASTENDER

Put simply, what kind of secret boss fights would you like to see in Kingdom Hearts 3?

Secret Boss fights are the fights that are usually meant to push your KH skills to the limit. They are often nice little surprises as well. Personally, I would love to fight against another FF character. If Noctis isn't a partner in KH3, I'd love to fight him and gain an ability that's linked to him. Kind of like how Cloud gave Sora Sonic Blade in KH1 (Sonic Blade resembles a watered down omnislash). It'd be cool to get something along the lines of a Warp or Teleport Raid or something (Though Id rather him be a partner you can fight alongside) XV and KH3 are very closely connected as stated by Nomura himself, so I'm sure he'll make it into the game somehow either way.

The same goes for lightning. Since the Colosseum looks like it could make a return, I think it would be cool to fight Lightning if she doesn't end up being a partner or some other boss instead.

I don't have the best ideas clearly, so I'd like to hear what you guys would like to see.

Since TWEWY is Square Enix, it made it in the latest KH game. If I could have one pipedream, it would be the implementation of another popular Square franchise, Chrono Trigger. I could only imagine fighting Lavos as a boss fight, but I don't think Nomura had any involvement with that game or it's character designs, so I doubt this will ever become reality lol And now, your thoughts!

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Gilgamesh, obviously! I think someone a couple days ago said a good way to have him in would be to appear in a Sword in the Stone world looking for Excalibur.
I would also love to have Culex from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars appear.
Culex_Sprite_-_Super_Mario_RPG.png

I fight with him would be soooo cooool!

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
My number one hope for Secret Bosses is that they never, EVER reach the same level of aggravation BBS's MF did. They need to be tests of skill, not Endurance (Which is the best way to say they shouldn't require Once More/Second Chance and test just how many times they can activate in a single fight) or dodging (I'd rather not have to spam the dodge button again...even Julius had me doing that as Riku).

As for specific character/game hopes, FFIX is at the top of my list, Kuja and Zidane would be awesome, especially if their Dissidia VAs reprised the roles (They could even have a little sidequest story and Zidane helping Sora in the battle against Kuja). Kefka from FFVI would make for an interesting boss fight, and of course Gilgamesh not only would be amazing, but also has a potential world he could show up in Post-game, should a Sword in the Stone world be made.

Last but not least, Sephiroth. Granted, it's almost guaranteed he'll be one of the Superbosses in KHIII, but he hasn't been in a lot of recent KH games, so there's a slight chance he may be overlooked. Guess we'll see.

ok sunny

Awards
I would actually love to see a FF character as the secret boss. But to my concern, I don't quite care who the final boss should be. But whatever it is, hopefully it's worth my time to have an enjoyable battle :smile: Sephiroth would be cool, but maybe someone new could work. Sephiroth would be a better character for the story in my opinion, rather than just a secret boss because whatever happened to him and Cloud could tie into the main story line. It'd be an interesting feature!

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I feel like Dissidia's taken a lot of the luster out of FF bosses. I could fight Gilgamesh or Kefka anytime I want now.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Sho Minamimoto secret boss battle. I feel like KH3D stole it from us by only having the TWEWY gang and no Reapers bar Flick Rush with 777, Tenho, BJ, and Minamimoto. What's a Player without a Reaper?

My reasoning is that I need SE to announce TWEWY2 and what better way to tease it (again) than by slapping a TWEWY boss in KH3?

Some secret bosses I'd love to have is the Firebird from Fantasia 2000 and the Headless Horseman from The Legend of Sleepy Hollow *u*

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Sho Minamimoto secret boss battle. I feel like KH3D stole it from us by only having the TWEWY gang and no Reapers bar Flick Rush with 777, Tenho, BJ, and Minamimoto. What's a Player without a Reaper?

My reasoning is that I need SE to announce TWEWY2 and what better way to tease it (again) than by slapping a TWEWY boss in KH3?

Some secret bosses I'd love to have is the Firebird from Fantasia 2000 and the Headless Horseman from The Legend of Sleepy Hollow *u*

The Firebird and Horseman would be great secret bosses. Though I hope that wouldn`t mean that we wouldn`t get to visit their respective worlds.

I would love to see Caius and Kuja as secret bosses. Mainly because they`re two of my favorite FF villians

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Now this will go against normality, but I really would like to see Eve as a Heartless secret boss. Or even better, the Ultimate Being. Heck, they should also make a dungeon that is teeming with Heartless based on those creepy mutated monsters in Parasite Eve.

I wouldn't be surprised if the reward from defeating Eve or UB is a DNA-, cell-, or genetics-related Keyblade that goes with the name Mitochondrion, Double Helix, or something.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If we're asking for stuff from Parasite Eve, then I'm going to demand we get something from Musashi: Samurai Legend like a Gandrake battle. (Not only was Nomura character designer but Yasue was game designer so *u*)

The Firebird and Horseman would be great secret bosses. Though I hope that wouldn`t mean that we wouldn`t get to visit their respective worlds.

I really doubt we'll be going back to a Fantasia-based world in KH3 (even though I'd love to see what they could do with Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 on next-gen tech) and personally I think a The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad-based world would be extremely boring and a bit too-far removed from Sora's quest. I can't imagine what a man in major debt and schoolteacher who pretty much is doomed to die would add to the story of searching for the Key to Return Hearts or Xehanort's hijinks. Maybe a side-story?

They can still be secret bosses regardless if we visit their world or not.

Now this will go against normality, but I really would like to see Eve as a Heartless secret boss. Or even better, the Ultimate Being. Heck, they should also make a dungeon that is teeming with Heartless based on those creepy mutated monsters in Parasite Eve.

I wouldn't be surprised if the reward from defeating Eve or UB is a DNA-, cell-, or genetics-related Keyblade that goes with the name Mitochondrion, Double Helix, or something.

As long as it isn't Ultimate Being's baby form.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
The obvious answer for me would be an entire slew of Final Fantasy secret bosses. While there are too many for me to point out in one coherent post, there are some essentials that must be included:

Sephiroth: This one is necessary to include. Not only is he one of the single most (in)famous villains in the history of Final Fantasy, but he has also shown up in both numbered Kingdom Hearts games (on that note, I must add that I was slightly disappointed that we never got to fight him in Birth by Sleep or even see hide or hare of him in 3D). He kind of has to come back - it's tradition.

Ultimecia: Another obvious one. Sephiroth may have stolen the spotlight for being an insanely popular antagonist, but Ultimecia would most likely gain some spotlight assuming that the Squall-Ultimecia dichotomy exists in the same way that the Cloud-Sephiroth dichotomy does...which, in itself, assumes that Ultimecia even exists at all in the Kingdom Hearts universe in the first place, let alone in a similar vein to her Final Fantasy counterpart. In any case, since Squall tends to have more spotlight in the series than most Final Fantasy characters, it makes sense for her to be in there if she happens to be similar to her original counterpart in some way.

Mateus Palamecia: We need more David Bowie. Plain and simple.

Chernabog: I want a proper secret boss fight against this guy in III. He has every means possible to be one of the single most powerful entities in the Kingdom Hearts universe, let alone the strongest Disney entity in existence.

Gilgamesh: Do I even need an explanation for this? That being said, while I want him to be a secret boss fight, I also want him to be tailored to the plot and fought multiple times with him getting stronger (and hammier) in each battle. The secret battle will be the final battle outside of Colosseum matches and will have him being about as strong as he was in Final Fantasy XII.

Joshua: One of my biggest regrets is having never played The World Ends With You. While I don't know everything about the game, I do at least remember some of the more interesting plot revelations and I feel like it would be interesting to fight him some time after those plot revelations have been exposed - his true identity and intentions being two of the biggest ones.

The Coach Master from Pinocchio: I cannot be the only one that wants to dish out some payback for him getting away scot-free in the movie. Defeating him would be extremely cathartic.

Jecht/Braska's Final Aeon: C'mon. You all know you want it. Any excuse to be able to take down the Mighty Sir Jecht and listen to the pure awesomeness that is "Otherworld" is perfectly OK in my book.

While there are more, they are mostly repeats of what others have already (Eve, Kuja, Kefka) or ones that I hadn't even thought about (Firebird, The Headless Horseman). Anyway, thought these would be interesting.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
If we're asking for stuff from Parasite Eve, then I'm going to demand we get something from Musashi: Samurai Legend like a Gandrake battle. (Not only was Nomura character designer but Yasue was game designer so *u*)

If it's from the Musashi games, I'd be content if we get to battle the Crest Guardians and the Dark Wizard from the first game. Lumina Keyblade FTW.

As long as it isn't Ultimate Being's baby form.

The first two forms of the UB (and the sounds they made) were downright freakishly disturbing. I wouldn't want to see them in KH either.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If it's from the Musashi games, I'd be content if we get to battle the Crest Guardians and the Dark Wizard from the first game. Lumina Keyblade FTW.

I never played the first one, so I'm not too familiar with what the Crest Guardians battles are like but I know enough about the Dark Wizard and Lumina to want something like it.

The first two forms of the UB (and the sounds they made) were downright freakishly disturbing. I wouldn't want to see them in KH either.

The baby and child forms are the reason I have no desire to finish PE again xD

Joshua: One of my biggest regrets is having never played The World Ends With You. While I don't know everything about the game, I do at least remember some of the more interesting plot revelations and I feel like it would be interesting to fight him some time after those plot revelations have been exposed - his true identity and intentions being two of the biggest ones.

As long as Kando and Ito have a hand in directing how it'd go down with Nomura and Yasue I'd be 100% ready for it. Jesus Beams and maybe a mix of reaper/angel psychs? Yes please!

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
My dream secret boss for KHIII is pretty specific.

I want Memory's Skyscraper (if TWTNW isn't in the game, have it floating out in the World Map postgame) to be a boss gauntlet of every boss across the franchise, previous secret bosses and KHIII​ bosses included.

It'd basically be a Coliseum Cup but with all boss fights.

Memory's Skyscraper is such an iconic building, but nothing has ever been done with it and I think that's a shame.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
It would be kind of cool to refight bosses from other games, I've seen a few games do it before, but unfortunately it's based on the rudimentary idea that the game uses the same mechanics, and preferably, the same engine! Or if the game has really simple mechanics like a turn-based RPG, which is how pre-smart phone releases of FFIV: The After Years crammed in bosses from five other games like it was no thing.

Of course, they could always just reprogram them to work in KH3. But what a load of extra work! Months! There are probably more bosses in the KH series (much more complicated to program than normal enemies) than there will be normal enemies in KH3 alone!

It is really super weird that Memory's Skyscraper is sort of an afterthought. It got crammed into the Xemnas fight for no reason, Roxas drags Sora into his subconscious there but then we leave the area, DDD also seemed incidental... oh, it keeps showing up, but it was only properly "used" for the final fight in Days.

Last edited:

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Gilgamesh, obviously! I think someone a couple days ago said a good way to have him in would be to appear in a Sword in the Stone world looking for Excalibur.
I would also love to have Culex from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars appear.
Culex_Sprite_-_Super_Mario_RPG.png

I fight with him would be soooo cooool!

Wow great choices! :D That idea for Gilgamesh in the Sword in the Stone world sounds great and I never thought about it but anything from Super Mario RPG would be amazing. :p Culex would be great but why not Geno too? He has to be used again in something! I also wouldn't mind another Disney character being a super boss. Julius was a definite surprise and I think they could do that again.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
As long as Kando and Ito have a hand in directing how it'd go down with Nomura and Yasue I'd be 100% ready for it. Jesus Beams and maybe a mix of reaper/angel psychs? Yes please!

I can just imagine Joshua now shooting off some Jesus Beams with Aaron Spanner screaming some of his battle quotes as the Onion Knight in Dissidia, only more menacing.

That would be extremely creepy now that I think about it...

Wow great choices! :D That idea for Gilgamesh in the Sword in the Stone world sounds great and I never thought about it but anything from Super Mario RPG would be amazing. :p Culex would be great but why not Geno too? He has to be used again in something! I also wouldn't mind another Disney character being a super boss. Julius was a definite surprise and I think they could do that again.

I've been begging for Geno to be used in crossovers for years. If he's not in Super Smash Brothers 4, I get the sinking feeling that neither him nor Culex will make it in III.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
I know this is supposed to be the end of the saga, but I'd love a foreshadowing boss battle like Xemnas, Lingering Will or Mysterious Figure that will keep us on our toes for the next game. Although saying that I believe KH3 will be the end of my run with the series cause I really do just want to see all the mysteries tied up in this one.

I'm not really sure of any specific bosses I'd like to see in game, I think it goes without saying we'll be seeing Sephiroth again. Some mirage arena battles like No Heart would be sick to see, even if they aren't specifically canon. Although I have a strong feeling we'll see Xehanort all armored up in the final showdown anyway.

That brings up an interesting point, both Xehanort and Xemnas are capable of using the keyblade armor due to YX's time travelling. For all we know AnsemSoD could be capable too, unlikely seeing as Xemnas used it despite not being capable of using a keyblade due to not co-existing with his somebody. (See my reasoning for Xemnas's inability to wield here instead of this thread going a bit too off topic: http://forums.khinsider.com/kingdom-hearts-iii/182210-why-xemnas-couldnt-not-saying-cant-wield.html)

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I hope Hercules is a secret boss in KHIII. Preferably after clearing everything in Olympus, and you talk to Phil and mention defeating Herc in KH1, to which he laughs and says "Do you really think that was a real fight? He stood and waited for you to throw barrels at him!" and allows you to fight Herc at full capacity. If you lose to Herc, the final punch will literally send you flying and land you in any of the worlds you've previously unlocked.

I'm a Monkey

I'd love to have another Anti-Sora fight. It's such a cool idea, but they've only used it once! It could be like an extra training exercise that Yen Sid offers, and it'll have all the fighting abilities you have equipped. That way you could fight it more than once and still have it be a challenge.

Veritas7340

I'd love to fight Sora's Darkness.

It would go something like this:

Anti-Sora: "Hello, Sora..."

Sora: "Who's there?"

Anti-Sora: " Tell me.... Do you really think you're different than Riku?"

Sora: "What do you mean? What are you talking about?!"

Anti-Sora: "His darkness overtook him; yours has been latent. Just because the Keyblade chose you, do not think you can escape me haha!"

Sora: "So you are...

Anti-Sora: "Yes, the darkness of the Keyblade wielder. For too long has this weapon been controlled by our weaker half. Today, darkness wields the Keyblade!""

Sora: "I won't succumb to darkness! My friends are my power!"

Anti-Sora: "Too bad they are no help to you within the depths of your heart. Alone you stand and alone shall you fall."

Sora: "The light can never go out! I've seen for myself back in Hollow Bastion when I turned into a shadow, the light led me back to Kairi.You can't win!"

Anti-Sora: "We shall see."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back